22.05.13

Natalia Vodianova In Ulyana Sergeenko - 'Naked Heart' Foundation and 'Film Aid' Gala

Natalia Vodianova hosted the ‘Naked Heart’ Foundation and ‘Film Aid’ Gala during Cannes Film Festival yesterday evening wearing a dress with a very familiar neckline.

The dress was, of course, designed by Ulyana Sergeenko, who has also dressed Zhang Yuqi and Fan Bingbing during this festival.

Natalia’s custom-made red taffeta dress with the designer’s signature off-the-shoulder detail and plunging neckline was styled with Vionnet ankle-strap pumps (which I’m pretending not to notice), a gold clutch and a gold necklace with multiple onyx-stones.

Are you tiring of seeing many variations of the same dress, or do you appreciate that Ulyana, like most designers, has her own signature style much like Vivienne Westwood and her corseted dresses?

Credit: Splash News

Jennifer Lopez In Elie Saab - Viva Movil Flagship Store Opening

Jennifer Lopez In Elie Saab – Viva Movil Flagship Store Opening

Elizabeth Debicki In Christian Dior - ‘The Great Gatsby’ Sydney Premiere

Elizabeth Debicki In Christian Dior – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Sydney Premiere

25 Responses to Natalia Vodianova In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – ‘Naked Heart’ Foundation and ‘Film Aid’ Gala

1. Rebecca Z May 22, 2013 at 17:59 #

I think this is the best version of this dress we have seen. The bodice looks best on a smaller breasted woman in my opinion, and I love the balloon skirt. All that said, the presentation is just a mess. Her hair is awful, the shoes are a let down and her necklace seems totally askew. What’s that all about?

• Fiona May 23, 2013 at 00:31 #

Agree +1

2. Marybeth May 22, 2013 at 18:02 #

The excessive neck plunge works better here because Natalia has a small bust and —thank heaven!— chose not to pad it and push it together.
    Outside of the shoes and the messy hair, which doesn’t work with the dress, I like this.
    I don’t love it but I think she looks rather nice.

3. gusmex May 22, 2013 at 18:04 #

mmmm, it´s ok to have a signature cut (bias), silhouette (Bar or New age like dior)or fabric (tweed like chanel or Knitting like sonia rykiel) but this is just design lazyness…

4. Kathy May 22, 2013 at 18:08 #

Quite frankly, I’m sick of that “heart-shaped” plunging neckline. Zac Posen uses it in many of his designs as well. The length of this dress is quite awkward, and I don’t look like it looks like it’s all bundled up.

5. Yeliz May 22, 2013 at 18:10 #

I’m already tired of this neckline and I only like this look from the ankles up.

6. Jason May 22, 2013 at 18:12 #

LOVE the dress, hate the shoes and necklace. I think a nice sandals and a OTT diamond necklace would have worked perfect with the dress. Also i would have matched the dress color to her lipstick and did a updo hairstyle instead of a loose hair. With the appropiate styling, good makeup and hair, this could have been a red carpet moment to remember.

7. Moxie May 22, 2013 at 18:12 #

It is a lovely dress, but three times in one week is a bit much.

Not a fan of the hair. And doesn’t the woman own a pair of tweezers? I have bushy eyebrows too, but they can be controlled.

8. Noemi May 22, 2013 at 18:30 #

I like the fact that she has a signature style, but this dress is a bit unflattering, or maybe the fault is of those shoes. I like it, from waist to head, even if the style is a bit too simple.

9. dee May 22, 2013 at 18:31 #

This is bad. She looks like a little girl playing dress up. The length is awful and the shoes don’t go with the dress. Not a fan.

10. Nat39 May 22, 2013 at 18:31 #

With the different colour and skirt design it feels like a completely different dress with the signature touch, I’m not tired…yet. I’m more tired with Dior’s typical black top-iridescent floral organza skirt combo which all look like slight variations of the same dress in comparison.

• Nat39 May 22, 2013 at 18:44 #

and I agree with other commenters, Natalia’s styling is a bit of a let down.

11. justme May 22, 2013 at 18:36 #

Natalia looks lost and confused in her dress imo. And her styling is pretty bad. Out of the 3, I still prefer Zhang Yuqi.

I’m not tired of the neckline yet.

• admmgz May 22, 2013 at 21:24 #

12. Pam May 22, 2013 at 19:26 #

I don’t think this is a dress. Split down the middle and you can see a cuff at the ankle. She’s wearing a jumpsuit. Looks OK standing still but in motion I’m wondering if it would look awkward.

• Pam May 22, 2013 at 19:48 #

Just wanted to add that I don’t think that neckline is her signature style. I just think it is one that many women choose because it is quite flattering.

• KatieKate May 23, 2013 at 02:55 #

Omg–you are right…that just made this go from bad to worse imo.

13. Cc May 22, 2013 at 21:08 #

I love this dress on her she looks beautiful

14. Anj May 22, 2013 at 21:22 #

This is a beautiful look but what’s up with the unibrow??

15. Lyvm May 22, 2013 at 22:02 #

The dress looks good on her, she has a carefree cuteness with the undone hair but im not sure what’s going on with the makeup. Lately she’s been looking worse for wear.

16. Alicat May 23, 2013 at 03:24 #

I love the dress but her styling totally lets it down. She looks like a little girl playing in her big sister’s closet.

17. Christine May 23, 2013 at 03:34 #

Not liking this dress.

18. Louise May 23, 2013 at 12:16 #

It is a balloon skirt! Very pretty. And gosh Natalia is stunning. She just does not age.

19. EmmaWoodhouse May 23, 2013 at 17:50 #

Disliking the plunge-neck for the third time, and not liking the balloon skirt. So…all I like is the color. And the necklace…but the shoes are terrible and the clutch doesn’t go.

• Tara May 26, 2013 at 01:06 #

I don’t find the plunge on this dress obscene as she has a small bust. I’m not the biggest fan of balloon skirts but Natalia has the body to pull it off. I also like that Ulyana has been showcase a signature silhouette over the past week. I think that it is an intentional choice because we are becoming more and more familiar with the designer, just as people are with Vivienne.