Isla Fisher In L’Wren Scott – ‘Now You See Me’ New York Premiere

Isla Fisher In L'Wren Scott - 'Now You See Me' New York Premiere

Isla Fisher attended the ‘Now You See Me’ New York premiere held at AMC Lincoln Square Theater in New York City on Monday evening.

The Australian actress wore a L’Wren Scott Spring 2013 beaded frock for the occasion.

Her nude high-neck sleeveless gown with art-deco beaded details – which wouldn’t look out of place on the set of her other movie, ‘The Great Gatsby’ – fails to excite.

This has nothing to do with the dress itself; Isla is failing to sell it to me.

It could be that I instantly pictured Nicole Kidman wearing this gown, giving it the stature and presence it commands, or that the styling is a bit bland.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Beckinsale's Jimmy Choo 'Myth' Strappy Suede Sandals

Kate Beckinsale’s Jimmy Choo ‘Myth’ Strappy Suede Sandals

Gina Carano's 'Fast & Furious 6' Promo Tour

Gina Carano’s ‘Fast & Furious 6′ Promo Tour

15 Responses to Isla Fisher In L’Wren Scott – ‘Now You See Me’ New York Premiere

1. Yeliz May 22, 2013 at 17:02 #

I think she looks amazing. Yes, this gown would’ve looked better on Nicole or any taller woman, but I still love Isla’s look. The beaded details on the gown are beautiful.

2. kane May 22, 2013 at 17:13 #

Wow, the gown is gorgeous! I feel it’s being let down not only by her height but also by her rather less glamorous styling. Too bad, I like Isla, but she’s not selling this one to me.

• admmgz May 22, 2013 at 20:51 #

3. dee May 22, 2013 at 17:26 #

I think she looks fantastic. I wish she wore this to Cannes.

• Yeliz May 22, 2013 at 17:39 #

You’re right. This gown is more beautiful than the de la Renta gown she wore at Cannes.

• Dressaddict May 22, 2013 at 19:12 #

That’s exactly what i was thinking!

• Christine May 23, 2013 at 03:36 #

I agree or to the The Great Gatsby premiere in NY.

4. justme May 22, 2013 at 17:31 #

The dress is exquisite.

• CreoleLady May 22, 2013 at 19:53 #

+1.

5. Marybeth May 22, 2013 at 17:36 #

How did Nicole ever let this gorgeous gown slip through her fingers?!? I would love to see this on her or on Olga Kurylenko.

Well, Isla may not have the stature and cool elegance to do the gown full justice but I think she still looks wonderful. Big thumbs up from me.

6. Nat39 May 22, 2013 at 18:56 #

I agree, she completely fails to sell it. I’m indifferent to this look on her.

7. jen May 22, 2013 at 20:57 #

i think she looks fantastic. that dress is really beautiful. i’m probably the only one not enamored with nicole kidman’s style

8. Fiona May 23, 2013 at 00:34 #

Beautiful dress, wasted on this occasion. Isla looks nice but someone else could have looked amazing in it, why not wear it to a Gatsby event?

9. KatieKate May 23, 2013 at 02:46 #

I think she looks amazing, and she can’t exactly help it if she doesn’t have model proportions-we can’t all bee Nicole Kidman. I think she chose well with this-very flattering and glam.

10. Tara May 26, 2013 at 00:45 #

In response to many commentors, I do see it on many other actresses such as Nicole Kidman and Olga as they would rock this dress. I would have also loved to see this dress on Kristen Stewart as it would have been a nice change from the overtly sexualized looks we have been accustomed to from her. But I also believe that Isla has done this dress so much justice and looks absolutley stunning in the gown. Just as KatieKate said, ‘we can’t all be Nicole Kidman’ and thats true. Wouldn’t red carpets be boring if only a couple of ladies were allowed to wear such magnificent gowns? I’m sure we would be complaining as to why they aren’t dressed in better dresses. Thumbs up for looking stunning Ms. Fisher!