Irina Shayk, Alessandra Ambrosio & Liu Wen In Roberto Cavalli - ‘All Is Lost’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Despite competition from Raf Simons at Dior, Roberto Cavalli is the go-to designer for starlets and models this Cannes Film Festival.

Ranging from the sublime to the near naked, the Cavalli gowns always give us something to talk about. We saw six different Cavalli looks yesterday; here are three more from the ‘All is Lost’ premiere this evening:

Irina Shayk: Some might say this is a typical Cavalli gown; overtly sexy, sheer, embellished with cut out details. I would say that even for Cannes, there is just too much on display.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The Victoria’s Secret model opted for more coverage wearing a silver fully sequined long-sleeve gown with a degrade gold hemline and an open back styled with de Grisogono jewels.

Liu Wen: In total contrast to the first two looks, Liu Wen was the picture of elegance wearing a royal blue strapless Cavalli devore gown styled with Chopard jewels.

With some designers you can tell they design for one type of woman. Judging by these three looks, Cavalli designs for all types of women from the attention seeking to the shy retiring types.

Credit: Getty

26 thoughts on “Irina Shayk, Alessandra Ambrosio & Liu Wen In Roberto Cavalli – ‘All Is Lost’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Yeliz

This is what I’ve meant in the Kylie Minogue post. Look at how gorgeous Alessandra’s gown is and then look at Irina’s tacky, way too revealing gown.

Alessandra looks stunning, love her flawless styling. Liu looks enchanting too. My only complaint is the sheerness of the skirt, other than that, it’s a beautiful look.

1. Bella

you’re right – and Irina does like to wear too-revealing dresses. It’s like she’s always choosing showing her skin over actual beauty and sophistication. Think of the numerous ensembles that she could rock with that body, and she opts for…well, that.

2. Moxie

Liu looks fantastic. Love the color. Alessandra looks great too.

Irina’s dress is just trashy.

3. dee

Alessandra Ambrosio is my favorite. Liu’s dress is great too but I wish she looked more polished in the makeup dept. particularly her eyebrows. Irina has too much skin showing.

4. Aline

Absolutely LOVE Alessandra’s look! The dress is amazing and the styling is perfect! BDOTD so far.

5. kane

Wen’s my favourite here.

I like the cut of Irina’s skirt, very retro, but I don’t know what is worse, the cut-outs or the visibility of her slip. Her attempt at grabbing attention is as easy to see through as her dress. I’m sorry, but it’s tacky bordering on pathetic.

6. Marybeth

I must say I have been impressed with the range of Cavalli looks at Cannes.

Alessandra’s look is my favorite. It’s a stunning gown, sparkly but sophisticated, and I think it is perfectly styled.
    Liu Wen looks great too. Very graceful.

7. Nat39

Alessandra is spectacular (a bit old for her however imo) but my favourite is Liu Wen, hands down so breathtakingly beautiful and elegant with her delicate frame and natural graceful presence, and in gorgeous blue.

8. Prudence

Alessandra is my fave. Irina looks downright inappropriate and Liu’s is just sooo boring. another strapless lace dress? I’m so done.

9. Nishta

“A picture of elegance?” I can see her pants!

Alessandra all the way for me! She looks beautiful.

10. MaddyEliza

Alessandra and Liu look AMAZING!! BDOTD contenders for sure!! OMG I love them both so much!!! :D
    Irina looks so horribly tacky. This dress exemplifies the reason I am not normally a Cavalli fan!

11. KatieKate

I hate to admit it, but I actually kinda like the look on Irina. Sorry… But I LOVE Liu Wen’s, and Alessandra’s is gorgeous too. Would like to see the back.

12. EmmaWoodhouse

Not sure if Liu’s skirt is sheer or not, otherwise love–the bodice is beautifully designed and the color is a dream.
    Alessandra’s gown is perfectly fitted and very striking.
    Both are miles ahead of Irina, who looks SOOOO trashy.