21.05.13 Premiere

Sharon Stone In Roberto Cavalli - 'Behind the Candelabra' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sharon Stone brought some Hollywood razzle dazzle to the red carpet this evening for the ‘Behind the Candelabra’ Cannes Film Festival premiere, held at Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

The actress stunned in an electric-blue Roberto Cavalli embellished gown with a plunging neckline that hits all my sweet spots.

Her necklace is way OTT even for this gown, but what is Cannes without some unnecessary opulent jewels.

A Ferragamo clutch completed her sultry look.

Credit: Getty

Li Yuchun In Gareth Pugh - 'Cleopatra' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Yuchun In Gareth Pugh – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Joan Smalls In Emilio Pucci - ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Joan Smalls In Emilio Pucci – ‘Cleopatra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

27 Responses to Sharon Stone In Roberto Cavalli – ‘Behind the Candelabra’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Yeliz May 21, 2013 at 19:51 #

Tacky, especially with that necklace.

2. Moxie May 21, 2013 at 19:54 #

Love the dress, but that necklace is OTT. You need a simpler dress with jewels that big.

3. dana May 21, 2013 at 20:11 #

she looks great! much prefer her stile than madona’s (suitable to her age and beauty). I hope she continues to walk this path..

4. kane May 21, 2013 at 20:25 #

Wow (and not the good kind)! Take note from Heather how plunging necklines are made uber-classy by an emerald necklace. This would have been bad on any day, but given the huge impression that Heather made earlier today this is indescribably bad.

5. gabis May 21, 2013 at 20:31 #

The hair is poorly done, the jewels are exaggerated and the clutch is quite unnecessary. However, the dress is fabulous and I really like the soft approach on the makeup.

6. dee May 21, 2013 at 20:45 #

The hair should have been up. The necklace is too much and not working with the gown. The gown however I really like. It looks sensational on her.

7. Marybeth May 21, 2013 at 20:54 #

Kane (above) makes a great point comparing this to Heather Graham’s gorgeous gown-and-necklace look.

I note that Heather’s low-cut gown was not in a flashy fabric. The nicely matching necklace provided the bling.
    With Sharon we definitely have overkill and more than a whiff of tackiness.

8. Irene May 21, 2013 at 20:54 #

Love the color, but why necklace?
    Would prefer exclusive earrings with blue stones.

9. GGG May 21, 2013 at 21:15 #

Gross. That dress is WAY to low cut for her age. I believe in the saying “If you’ve got it flaunt it” but this is TOO much.

10. Noemi May 21, 2013 at 21:32 #

Wrong jewelry, beautiful dress, love the color!

11. gabis May 21, 2013 at 21:47 #

FC, do you have any further info on that dress? Is it vintage Cavalli or is it from some new collection? Thanks!

12. Prudence May 21, 2013 at 22:06 #

i love the dress, the necklace is totally unnecessary though. However this woman looks killer for her age, the cleavage is so her and needed to be there.

13. Amy May 21, 2013 at 22:15 #

I could do without the deep decolletage. Anyway she looks nice

14. Fanny May 21, 2013 at 22:52 #

The necklace is overkill. This could have been such a great look, what a shame.

15. Sharon May 22, 2013 at 00:23 #

I rarely liked her fashion choices in the past, and I still don’t. The dress is beautiful and yes, she can still wear the style, but the whole picture is not a pretty one.

16. MissCru May 22, 2013 at 02:06 #

She’s trying too hard to stay young and that is the worst part of all, also the necklace. She needs to age properly like Jane Fonda.

17. Poppy May 22, 2013 at 02:09 #

I love the colour. However, the necklace and hair ruined this look for me.

18. Alicat May 22, 2013 at 04:34 #

Fabulous body, fabulous gown. The plunging neckline is not as risque as some, and just remains tasteful. That said, she’s still got what it takes to pull it off. Kudos to her. I love the emerald necklace (sigh), but not with this colour gown. What really brings her look down is the hair which is a bit everyday for such a sumptuous look. If you are going to wear a necklace like that, nothing at all should get in its way…

19. Christine May 22, 2013 at 05:15 #

She is ageless but this is not a good look.

20. Denise May 22, 2013 at 06:38 #

I adore her! She is… how old? And she looks this fabulous !!! The necklace is overkill but her makeup is perfect and I like her hair.

21. Ariel May 22, 2013 at 10:29 #

I love Sharon, but this is a NO for me. The dress lacks of a class and is too revealing. The styling is poor and the hair is a mess. Sharon, you deserve much more than this…

22. TIPTOP May 22, 2013 at 12:01 #

grandma why u dress like that?

23. Nat May 22, 2013 at 12:17 #

She looks gorgeous in this dress. Amazing. Best dressed of the day.

24. EmmaWoodhouse May 22, 2013 at 12:36 #

I love it waist-down, as the color and details are beautiful. However, waist up it’s revealing, tacky, and poorly styled.

25. Jess2 May 22, 2013 at 13:31 #

I love the colour and detail on the gown, very beautiful but that neckline is terrible! What on earth is going on with that slit down the middle. So tacky and her hair is very poorly styled.

26. Pam May 22, 2013 at 20:00 #

Sorry Sharon, but any dress that makes me wonder why you haven’t been using sunscreen on your abdomen is too low cut.

27. Flavia Style Source May 23, 2013 at 19:36 #

Dress looks good and compliments Sharon Stone! Her figure variations, almost flawless in this dress! Congrats to her stylist! However, her hair looks not done, not enough worked for this dress, it looks like on a summer vacations.
    The worst items one her are the jewels, earrings and the necklace, which does not harmonize with her hairstyle (the earrings) and the necklace does not harmonize at all with the dress.
    All in haste… to ruin the look….