Gwyneth Paltrow In Prabal Gurung – Goop Launches The Summer Season

Gwyneth Paltrow In Prabal Gurung - Goop Launches The Summer Season

Gwyneth Paltrow hosted the Goop’s party to launch the summer season, at Mark’s Club in London’s Mayfair this evening.

Following Brit Marling, Gwynie wore a look from the Prabal Gurung Fall 2013 collection.

The actress wore sexy Tom Ford black sandals with her ivory baroque print silk charmeuse shirt dress with chiffon sleeve and a drape skirt.

I’m sure many, excluding Zoe Saldana, would’ve rocked the look sans cut-out leather belt, however Gwynie made it work with her look.

Many of you won’t be surprised, or happy, to see that she opted to keep the same hairstyle she wore throughout her ‘Iron Man 3’ tour.

Maybe next time she will give us something new. I doubt it, but I can be hopeful.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ahna O'Reilly In Christian Dior - Stella Artois Suite

Ahna O’Reilly In Christian Dior – Stella Artois Suite

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 7 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 7 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

22 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Prabal Gurung – Goop Launches The Summer Season

1. Sharon May 22, 2013 at 00:03 #

I really like this dress, and I would have loved seeing it on Zoe too. About the hair: well, maybe when you’re “The Most Beautiful Woman in the World (I wonder if the judges checked any of the gorgeous Indian and Asian women at Cannes), you can wear your hair in a most boring style.

2. Yeliz May 22, 2013 at 00:10 #

I’m not bothered by her hair this time. I love this dress and I’m glad she wore the cut-out belt with it. The shoes are also great. Thumbs up from me.

• Ariel May 22, 2013 at 10:52 #

For me she s not beautiful, but charming, and there is a difference.
      I like the dress on her, I only think a different hairdo would be better.

• Ariel May 22, 2013 at 10:53 #

Sorry, I meant this as a reply to Sharon!

3. DorianGray May 22, 2013 at 00:14 #

I don’t know why so many people dislike her (maybe envy?), for me she is indeen one of the most beautiful women and I always appreciate her style.

• ladyoflettuce May 22, 2013 at 08:54 #

I agree! And her hair is not the same at all–it’s not rod straight hair straightened like usual. She looks radiant.

4. dee May 22, 2013 at 00:19 #

Love the outfit but not on her. She doesn’t have the edge to wear this. The hair is blah as usual.

5. Prudence May 22, 2013 at 00:39 #

This was my favorite piece from that show, I had saved it for Zoe mentally and I really wish Gwyneth hadnt worn it. Everything above the neck is a disaster….makes me wonder how she got ” most beautiful woman alive “

6. Nat39 May 22, 2013 at 00:46 #

Somehow the sheer sleeves bother me, and I don’t think she’s quite rocking it.

• Christine May 22, 2013 at 05:10 #

She is making this look work somehow. I like this.

7. MaddyEliza May 22, 2013 at 00:50 #

This is a really cool and fun dress.

8. Marybeth May 22, 2013 at 01:08 #

She looks good — and those shoes are a great choice.

I do prefer the dress on the model, however. I just think it looks better on someone with dark hair.
    (Yes, I would have loved to see it one Zoe!)

9. Poppy May 22, 2013 at 02:08 #

This is a rockin’ dress and I love the belt. I agree about the hair though.

10. Louise May 22, 2013 at 02:16 #

Wow, I really want that dress! I beautiful!!

11. Dhppy May 22, 2013 at 02:27 #

I like this dress a lot, though I could do without the chain (it just seems like an unnecessary distraction). Also, Tom Ford just can’t sell me on these shoes either in the sandal or sandal-boot variation. As for Gwyneth’s hair, I think it’s naturally lovely and there’s really no need for her to do anything else with it.

• Dhppy May 22, 2013 at 02:31 #

It occurs to me that the shoes and the dress suffer from the same problem of “one strap too many”. If the sandal got rid of the line across the toe and used a thong in between the toes, it would look much cleaner, less cluttered.

• ladyoflettuce May 22, 2013 at 08:51 #

This is very different for her–I like the fact that it’s not minimalist as usual–not that I dislike her minimalism.

12. TeaAtTwo May 22, 2013 at 11:01 #

I really like this look and that she stepped out of her box.

• gabis May 22, 2013 at 13:33 #

I agree. She looks great. Even her hair looks good here although styled as usual.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 23, 2013 at 04:46 #

+2 This is a great look. I really like it. Interesting, edgy, and she’s majorly pulling it off.

13. Anne May 22, 2013 at 13:00 #

One of my favorite pieces from PG’s fall collection on one of my favorite gals. I’ve come to accept the fact, that like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyn will rarely experiment with her hair. But, she rarely bores with her fashion choices. I love it and adore the shoes

14. Pam May 22, 2013 at 19:55 #

If I had her hair I’d wear it like that every day too.