Zoe Saldana In Valentino – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Valentino - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Saldana attended the premiere of her latest movie, ‘Blood Ties’, during the Cannes Film Festival held at the Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

I’m not sure quite what I was expecting, but this wasn’t it. However, I am totally enamoured with her Valentino Fall 2013 gown.

Her sleeveless brocade gown with contrasting white Mikado shoulders is quite regal, allowing her beauty to shine through.

David Yurman jewels in a hue that complemented her gown and a half-up, half-down hairstyle completed her look.

Does Zoe win you over or were you expecting more?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior -  'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Alyson Le Borges In Armani Privé -  'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Alyson Le Borges In Armani Privé – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

52 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Valentino – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 19:28 #

I was expecting more. Whilst this gown looks very beautiful on her, the fact that she can do and did better, keeps me from loving this look. And she could’ve done more with her hair IMO. I really like the overall look, but sadly I’m not wowed.

• Alina May 20, 2013 at 19:57 #

• Mandy May 21, 2013 at 01:56 #

• Christine May 21, 2013 at 03:01 #

I was expecting so MUCH more!!! This dress is a let down, sadly.

2. Lu May 20, 2013 at 19:29 #

Stunning as always. Love it.

3. Liz May 20, 2013 at 19:29 #

I love this gown but I think that it would be much more elegant and fashion forward without the white sleeves. It would be amazing with a strapless, square neckline (and a different hairstyle!)

• The Cherry Tree May 22, 2013 at 21:06 #

I was about to say the exact same thing but I suppose I’m not the only one who thinks so. Agreed!

4. Tooba May 20, 2013 at 19:29 #

she pales in front of Marion in Dior!

5. lucas May 20, 2013 at 19:30 #

I think Marion win oves her.

• Paulyne May 20, 2013 at 19:35 #

+1 I was expecting so much more !

• DSI May 20, 2013 at 19:42 #

+1 However,I do like the color of the gown and the workmanship plus the pearl string on her back. But hate her hairstyle and the white sleeves.

6. dee May 20, 2013 at 19:31 #

I was expecting something different like more edgy but she does look very pretty.

7. Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 19:33 #

I expected so much more from Zoe, I was hoping to be wowed and impressed with something fresh, cool and original. This is just nice, lovely, pretty but not impactful. I´m disappointed. She may have needed a delicate thin belt.

8. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 19:34 #

She looks great, but I was expecting a little more.

9. Fiona-Brasil May 20, 2013 at 20:16 #

I love everything about Zoe, the chic delicate Valentino dress (white sleeves included), the hairstyle.I don’t like Marion Dior dress, and she was having a bad hair day .

• Fiona-Brasil May 20, 2013 at 20:26 #

* I just saw the back of this dress.It is smply exquisite!

• Denise May 21, 2013 at 06:20 #

+1! I adore this look and I haven’t felt this way for any of her looks lately.

10. Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 20:28 #

I think this is gorgeous, though I agree her hair is a bit of a letdown. The dress is very beautiful and looks lovely on her.

• Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 20:29 #

Seems all this rain has been hard on lots of hairstyles.

11. jo May 20, 2013 at 20:36 #

I know all of you will probably disagree but this is a BDOTY moment for me

• Fiona-Brasil May 20, 2013 at 20:46 #

• Dressaddict May 20, 2013 at 21:05 #

+2. I absolutely adore it!

• Kate May 21, 2013 at 01:24 #

I’d have to see what the rest of the year has in store but it might be a contender. Definitely BDOTW.

I think what I love about it is that it IS unexpected from Zoe. I think she wanted to do old-fashioned Cannes glamour instead of her usual fashion-forward thing. And she succeeded brilliantly! I think the dress is exquisite. Look at that aerial shot…wow.

• Kate May 21, 2013 at 01:26 #

Everyone should look at the photo of her going up the stairs…you can really see the detail in the gown. It’s so beautiful!
        I think this was perfect for the occasion.

12. Joy May 20, 2013 at 20:54 #

To be honest, I feel like I’m not getting fashion right now. I love the fabric design on this gown but there are parts that I just don’t get. I feel a lot of let down with Cannes this year. Things that I like I feel like they are being looked at as outdated (Elie Saab sparkly gowns) and then these weird gowns that I just don’t get are being mentioned for BDOTY. Help!

13. Amanda May 20, 2013 at 20:54 #

Again, why is she considered a fashion girl?

14. Prudence May 20, 2013 at 21:04 #

hm, this is not what I was expecting and I cant say I like it all. She can do so much better than this. Its a little too Kiera Knightley and so not her.

15. Nadine May 20, 2013 at 21:26 #

I love this dress, so am not surprised at all!

16. serapart May 20, 2013 at 21:54 #

her hair is totally disappointing, it ruins the dress for me, sadly..

17. Pablo May 20, 2013 at 21:55 #

This is not expected and that is precisely why I love it even more.

My admiration for her style grows a bit every day.

Always surprising, always looking elegant. She’s a total pro.

This was a major moment imo. Looooove it!

• CreoleLady May 20, 2013 at 23:56 #

ITA, word for word. J’adore. Totally took me by surprise. I wonder if she’s ever worn Valentino?

Love seeing her sweet side, but with that inimitable hint of edge that epitomizes the best of her looks. Her hair and accessories enhance the mood of this gown perfectly without a hint of the saccharine. She’s lovely, and that is more than enough.

• dee May 21, 2013 at 13:31 #

I agree, I really think this gown is beautiful and with her delicate frame this looks great on her.

18. Aline May 20, 2013 at 21:59 #

This is not grand enough for Cannes. However, it still is so well executed.
    She looks beautiful, the gown is exquisite and the romantic hairstyle finishes it up perfectly.
    So, it’s a thumbs up in my book.

19. justme May 20, 2013 at 22:03 #

I was expecting much more to say that Marion wins over this. Come on, that sounds like extra francophilia -_-

Zoe’s dress is super pretty but the styling lets her down a bit, especially the hair.

• justme May 20, 2013 at 22:04 #

*BUT to say

20. anna May 20, 2013 at 22:28 #

Shutting it down.

21. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 22:48 #

It’s lovely, but I feel like something is missing. I just don’t know what.

22. Sharon May 21, 2013 at 00:30 #

I think I would like the gown more without the white shoulders. They make the dress look too sundress-y and casual. And her hair is not as pretty as it was on Jimmy Fallon’s show. Maybe because of the weather.

23. Alicat May 21, 2013 at 00:41 #

It is a very beautiful, elegant gown. The fabric is detailed and it is allowed to shine through the simple design. This is a gown which takes time to appreciate, and it grows on you. It doesn’t have the immediate impact of some, but I prefer to all those over embellished, frothy confections any day.

24. Angela May 21, 2013 at 02:25 #

I love the white sleeves, they add a fashion forward touch to a pretty vintage-bold dress. Makeup is good, hair could’ve been better but I’ll let it go because I love the rest

25. Valeria May 21, 2013 at 03:48 #

I see exactly what is not working for me-the white sleeves look like she is wearing a t-shirt underneath. Either they should have been removed or color turned down a notch to ivory or cream.

26. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:39 #

A beautiful vision!!! She was my BDOTD for sure!!! I love the gown on her and it wasn’t what I was expecting at all. Her unpredictability is great! If I could change one thing I would make the white sleeves blue Otherwise everything about this is perfection!

27. the ogre May 21, 2013 at 06:34 #

You know that’s y I like her so much! She goes and does exactly what v don’t expect from her and that’s what keeps me so interested in her! This is an epic look in my opinion. This for me is perfection personified. When I saw the picture on the post I thought that this wasn’t that great but when I saw the rest of the pictures my heart skipped a beat and I realized just how beautiful this Valentino gown is and how much justice she has done to it. I simply love this!

28. Elise May 21, 2013 at 06:43 #

I love it, the gown is stunning. The photos that show her walking the red carpet show the gown much better. A pity the hair.

29. ash May 21, 2013 at 10:03 #

Perfect. I likey. BDOTW.

30. Noemi May 21, 2013 at 10:14 #

Simply beautiful!

31. Jess2 May 21, 2013 at 13:48 #

She looks lovely there is no denying, but this is sooo safe. I have come to expect much more from Zoe.

32. Sara May 21, 2013 at 17:49 #

I don’t understand all the criticism… I think she looks absolutely gorgeous. She dress is beautiful. I even love her hair.

33. Reez May 22, 2013 at 09:33 #

she’s an edgy girl, lace dresses dont suit her

34. Liz May 22, 2013 at 17:04 #

LOVE!!

35. snowlion May 23, 2013 at 16:54 #

Looks like something my Nanna could whip up on the singer from some curtains, but forgot the sleeves so tacked on some hankies.

36. Christopher May 25, 2013 at 11:54 #

After receiving most of them negative comments for her Rodarthe nude sheer slip dress(works for me honestly), Zoe Saldana is all out to stun Cannes. Even though you guys expect more from Zoe, but I think this dusky blue silver embroidery Valentino creation. As expected Zoe Saldana blew us away with her unexpected fashion choice!!! Love the side swept hair and the bold red lip brings a delicate color punch to her regal outfit!!! That’s why we love Zoe, she always have the poise and confidence to elevate any outfit from impossible to outstanding!! Zoe rocks Cannes tonight!!