Zhang Ziyi In Valentino Couture – ‘Un Certain Regard’ Jury Dinner

Zhang Ziyi In Valentino Couture - ‘Un Certain Regard’ Jury Dinner

Zhang Ziyi, like many other actresses, continues to shine during Cannes Film Festival.

She was spotted leaving the ‘Un Certain Regard’ jury dinner this weekend wearing a stunning Valentino Spring 2013 Couture dress.

The white sheer-and-lace dress freckled with appliqués was elegantly styled with blush satin Ferragamo pumps and a Jimmy Choo clutch.

I love the addition of the gold belt, which defines the waist and changes the dynamic of the look, as do the rolled-up sleeves.

Pops of red via her lips and nails, plus a divine pair of flower earrings, completed her look.

Credit: Style.com

Kerry Washington In Giambattista Valli  - Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Presents an Evening with 'Scandal'

Kerry Washington In Giambattista Valli – Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Presents an Evening with ‘Scandal’

Marion Cotillard In Antonio Berardi - 'Blood Ties' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Marion Cotillard In Antonio Berardi – ‘Blood Ties’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

15 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Valentino Couture – ‘Un Certain Regard’ Jury Dinner

1. Christine May 20, 2013 at 14:23 #

She looks beautiful.

2. Carolina May 20, 2013 at 14:24 #

I suppose this could be called retro, because there is absolutely nothing new about it. She does look beautiful, but it would not have looked out of place wearing this in the 70s or 80s. It also appears a bit matronly, especially at that length.

3. Sherrie Golden May 20, 2013 at 14:40 #

Breath taking…Kudos for my favorite Valentino and Zhang you look amazing but I would not have recommended the belt for this dress.

4. CTgirl May 20, 2013 at 14:40 #

This is so ca.1957 for a suburban housewife. It’s not interesting, new or particularly flattering.

5. Sherrie Golden May 20, 2013 at 14:49 #

This is a very classy dress from Valentino. Zhang you wear it well. I would not have recommended the belt for the dress it was fine without it. The belt sort of take away from the art of the dress. The belt should have been used only if it was too big in the waist, but otherwise she looks beautiful

• Godiva May 20, 2013 at 15:32 #

I agree with you Sherrie, it would have been better without the belt.

I am utterly in LOVE with the dress. It is so feminine and delicate. I want one!

6. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 14:52 #

Much prefer her styling of this dress. She looks gorgeous as always.

• dee May 20, 2013 at 17:26 #

• justme May 20, 2013 at 18:39 #

• Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 23:58 #

Agreed. She wisely ditched the severity of the look and lightened it.

7. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 15:32 #

Too sweet for her. Better for a tween actress.

8. Nat39 May 20, 2013 at 19:04 #

A bit too sugary sweet but Zhang looks very lovely and feminine, glad she didn´t opt for some sparkly glittery shoe and toned down the sweetness of the look with the simple blush pumps, I like the addition of the belt, although I´d go with the silver.

9. Aline May 20, 2013 at 22:36 #

The styling is impeccable. I love it. My only complaint is that she looks a bit too ghostly. I’m not sure if it’s due to the lighting or her makeup.

• Fiona May 20, 2013 at 23:36 #

I love this, so pretty. Verging on the young side but so ladylike and styled perfectly it works on her. The lighting doesn’t help her makeup nor does it show off the dress properly, I’m sure in real life she looked stunning – perfect for a dinner occasion.

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 02:57 #

SUCH a beautiful look. Ethereal, gorgeous, sweet–BDOTD-worthy.