20.05.13 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 6 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

Cannes BD Day 6

Credit: Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker's Current/Elliott Old Glory Destroy The Slouchy Stiletto Jean

Sarah Jessica Parker’s Current/Elliott Old Glory Destroy The Slouchy Stiletto Jean

LeAnn Rimes' Current/Elliott 'Letterman' Star Knit Top

LeAnn Rimes’ Current/Elliott ‘Letterman’ Star Knit Top

21 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 6 of Cannes Film Festival 2013?

1. Nat39 May 21, 2013 at 01:16 #

Zhang Yuqi is gorgeous but we´ve seen this kind of bridal-esque mermaid look so many times before, absolutely nothing to get excited about, Hayden Panettiere wore the same gown (if I´m not mistaken) beautifully at Golden Globe Awards.
    My vote goes to Zoe in Emanuel Ungaro, the only look that I liked 100% without a single complaint. I would´ve considered voting for her Valentino if I hadn´t felt so disappointed, I really counted on her of all people to bring something fresh and original. It´s still a lovely look of course but underwhelming.

2. CreoleLady May 21, 2013 at 01:34 #

Zoe Saldana in Valentino just edges Zoe in Ungaro. I hate it when this happens because both looks are worthy.

The more I look at the Valentino the more I appreciate how exquisite that dress truly is. As someone mentioned in the original post, the aerial shot is breathtaking and that is not a word I use on the regular. Zoe Saldana brought her A game today. Honorable mention — Milla.

• the ogre May 21, 2013 at 08:16 #

+1!

You totally echoed my thoughts. I hate it when I have to choose between 2 amazing looks. But I finally voted for the Valentino because it’s just too exquisite a look. My second and third favourites r of course Zoe’s Ungaro look & Milla’s Chanel Couture look.

I’m just bored by Zhang Yuqi’s Cavalli gown. Liked her Monique Lhuillier one better. And I’m hugely disappointed by Marion Cotillard because I can’t get her Dior look last year out of my head & I expect much much more from her. I’m really very sad.

3. Marybeth May 21, 2013 at 02:36 #

It’s a toss up for me between Zhang Yuqi in Cavalli and Zoe Saldana in Ungaro, both of which I love head to toe.

It’s true that ZY’s look is nothing new but it is a perfect presentation of a classic silhouette. It’s Cannes, it’s a gown, it’s beautifully styled.

OTOH, I love Zoe’s Ungaro look. The more at look at it, the more I like the artistry of the design, the clever use of diagonals. And Zoe really sells it with her styling and presence.

So I think tonight I will pass up the gowns and I will vote for Zoe in Ungaro.

4. Teleholic May 21, 2013 at 02:51 #

You know, “I was expecting more” seems to fit my feeling about the whole of Cannes this year. I mean there were some stunning gowns and I love Zoe here, but last year’s had gowns I still think about to this day, and I can’t say the same about anything this year, except maybe Nieves’ and Nicole Kidman.

I can’t believe it, but Cannes is underwhelming me.

Maybe this is just post-Diane syndrome.

• Lashae May 21, 2013 at 07:51 #

mte. Most of the dresses I’ve seen at Cannes are so ‘meh’ and underwhelming this year.

• noo May 21, 2013 at 08:18 #

I miss Diane too and it’s affecting my overall appreciation of cannes! she was my best dressed in cannes for the past 2 years :(

i tried to keep an open mind about the red carpet but there are only 3 dresses that i found cannes-worthy. sonam, nieves and nicole….

5. april May 21, 2013 at 03:08 #

Hmm….I wonder why Sammi Cheng’s long sleeve greyish pink dress she wore for “Blind Detective” is not in. The presentation gives a breeze of freshness over the -what is expected- She dressed the dress so well and gives another definition on what is feminine.

6. TL May 21, 2013 at 03:16 #

Even though the styles are getting better everyday, we still expect more. I want to see something big, someone who can “WOW” us. Where’s Diane when we need her so bad?

Zoe Saldana in Emanuel Ungaro is my favorite today. She looks confident and stylish, love the orange pump.

7. Teleholic May 21, 2013 at 04:14 #

FC I know you’re dead tired and have to pay to use photos so I definitely not asking you to dedicate a post or anything like that but OMG Selita Ebanks: canary yellow, long train, hair up, red lippie. I’m in heaven:

Just in case you missed it, hope it brightens your day.

Thanks for the coverage FC, you rock!

• Catherine Kallon May 21, 2013 at 10:32 #

I didn’t miss it. I didn’t want to feature it.

• Ellie May 22, 2013 at 04:16 #

Kind of a snappy response to a comment with good intentions, Catherine. I don’t think she (or he) wanted anything but for you to see it.

• Catherine Kallon May 22, 2013 at 10:41 #

How is it snappy? It was factual. Like any publication the editor has the final say on who or what gets published.

I was live blogging at the time, so it was a quick response.

• Ellie May 22, 2013 at 16:33 #

I’m sorry, sometimes tone gets lost in writing.

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:19 #

Wow, I actually like all the looks. To be sure, I love some of them–
    1. Zoe in Valentino
    2. Aishwarya
    3. Milla
    4. Zhang Ziyi
    I like
    5. Zhang Yuqi
    6. Zoe (Ungaro)
    7. Marion.

9. michaboa May 21, 2013 at 05:10 #

Zoe in Ungaro. Thus far, Cannes has been underwhelming. Where is Diane Kruger???!!!!

10. Angie May 21, 2013 at 08:21 #

1. Zhang Yuqi
    2. Aishwaria Rai
    3. Zoe Saldana in Valentino

11. Yeliz May 21, 2013 at 09:02 #

Zhang Yuqi in Roberto Cavalli.
    I’m so disappointed by Zoe and Marion’s premiere looks.

12. irina May 21, 2013 at 12:58 #

so bored with Cannes this year….

13. Nerita May 22, 2013 at 11:37 #

1.Aishwariya Rae

14. Nerita May 22, 2013 at 11:39 #

Aishwariya isvery well dressed and looks stunning