20.05.13

Celine Dion In Atelier Versace & Madonna - 2013 Billboard Awards

Neither Celine Dion nor Madonna took to the red carpet for the 2013 Billboard Awards; however, both were spotted in the press room following their presenting duties.

Celine Dion: The 45-year-old legendary singer surprised me by wearing a knee-length Atelier Versace Spring 2013 dress. Usually she either wears mini dresses or gowns. It’s rare to see her wearing something in between. Her gold lamé fitted dress with gold metallic inserts was styled with metallic-gold pumps and a gold necklace. I am not a fan of the colour or this length on Celine.

Madonna: While we should be surprised to see a 54-year-old woman wearing a fishnet dress over stockings and suspenders, this is Madonna and the ability for her to shock us ended a long time ago. The rest of her Givenchy custom-made Couture look consisted of a texturized, cropped, and fur-collared bomber jacket and a grommet-embellished wide belt. The most I can say about this get up is: at least she has the figure to wear it.

Credit: Getty

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

‘The Cannes Diaries’ with shoescribe.com

19 Responses to Celine Dion In Atelier Versace & Madonna In Givenchy Couture – 2013 Billboard Awards

1. Beta May 20, 2013 at 10:32 #

Wow! the comparisons are painful. On one hand there’s superclassy Celine Dion wearing an edgy cool but appropiate look, and on the other hand there’s Madonna wearing *that* :|
    I can’t. Im a Madonna fan, or used to be, and it’s painful to see her trying to get attention so desperately

2. Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 10:55 #

Celine Dion looks nice, but Madonna looks just tacky.

• Christine May 20, 2013 at 14:17 #

• Moxie May 20, 2013 at 16:21 #

3. Alicat May 20, 2013 at 11:01 #

Celine Dion looks elegant and classy even though I am not a fan of the dress. It is a bit naughty (!) of FC to put their photos next to each other, but fun all the same. At the Met Ball I thought Madonna looked great as it was a themed ball, but this look seems to be developing into a habit, and here it looks sad. In the 80s I loved the the edgy way she dressed, but we all have to move on. She has a great figure and should certainly dress to show it, but in a tasteful rather then trashy way. it all shouts of a last desperate attempt to cling to youth.

4. Zissou May 20, 2013 at 11:18 #

Honestly, my biggest issue with both looks is that I am bored by them: in the case of Madonna,I guess it’s supposed to shock or provoke, but looking at it I just found myself wishing she did something different with her hair, whereas with Celine, there’s nothing that pops.
    It’s all so easily forgettable.

5. Ariel May 20, 2013 at 11:38 #

I don’t like either of them! Lack of class and taste, and in Madonna’s case: of dignity, too.

6. Denise May 20, 2013 at 11:45 #

Celine’s outfit ages her and Madonna’s is NOT an outfit. She must be going through a severe crisis lately (see also Met Gala disaster)…

7. nice May 20, 2013 at 12:08 #

Madonna (still) very relevant for many reasons if you ask me. reactions (or the lack of them) towards her actions, non-actions and being also proof it. necessary person! sometimes she uses ego to make different truths visible.

8. Stephanie May 20, 2013 at 13:52 #

Madonna reminds me of one of my relatives who is desperately trying to prove she has not aged.

9. Kaylie May 20, 2013 at 13:57 #

I’m not familiar with what Celine usually wears, but I think she looks pretty great here!

No comment on Madonna…

10. Betty Brandenburg May 20, 2013 at 14:20 #

Re Madonna: these words come to mind: mutton, dressed as …or hang on – since that look is so passe, should it be mutton dressed as mutton?

11. Lisa May 20, 2013 at 14:25 #

I love both Celine and Madonna! Two women who are staying true to their individual personalities! Your fashion sense should represent your personality and no one else’s! Celine looks elegant and cool and Madonna is working those legs she earned in the gym and I think is simply having a little fun! I think they both look beautiful!

12. EmmaWoodhouse May 20, 2013 at 17:55 #

Celine’s look would be great with a higher neckline. Madonna’s look is utter trash.

13. robbie May 20, 2013 at 18:52 #

even though she looks like a hooker i have to admit madonna does look pretty good.

14. Magdalena. May 20, 2013 at 19:19 #

I don’t see the ‘couture’ in Madonna’s look.

15. dee May 20, 2013 at 19:50 #

Awful!

16. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 23:40 #

Did no one tell Madonna, the punk Met gala thing is over?

17. adrian May 21, 2013 at 02:24 #

Celine: looks great.

Was someone else pictured? I can’t. I won’t!