Ahna O'Reilly In Monique Lhuillier - 'As I Lay Dying' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Following the photocall earlier this afternoon, Ahna O’Reilly attended the Cannes Film Festival premiere for ‘As I Lay Dying’ at the Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

I was excited to see her wearing one of my favourite looks from the Monique Lhuillier Fall 2013 collection.

Her look consisted of red floral-embroidered high-low short sleeve gown with matching pants; however, the nude satin pumps and the tulle train blending into the red carpet nulled my initial enthusiasm for this look.

It had the potential to be an impactful BDOTD look, but it ended up falling just a little short.

A cute braided updo, which has been the go-to-‘do for this festival, and silver jewels completed her look.

Do you share my views?

Christina Hendricks In Jenny Packham - ‘God’s Pocket’ LA Premiere

Christina Hendricks In Jenny Packham – ‘God’s Pocket’ LA Premiere

Rosario Dawson In Elie Saab - 'As I Lay Dying' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Rosario Dawson In Elie Saab – ‘As I Lay Dying’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

22 Responses to Ahna O’Reilly In Monique Lhuillier – ‘As I Lay Dying’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 22:50 #

This needed entirely different styling, starting with shoes that make a statement.

2. shontay May 20, 2013 at 22:53 #

Love it on the runway, but it’s a little sad on her. It seems a bit loose, the effect is lost on the red carpet and the shoes are wrong. Shame.

• Yeliz May 20, 2013 at 23:20 #

Totally agree, I thought I’d be more excited the time I’d see this ensemble on the red carpet. Ahna sadly can’t really pull it off. It seems a bit loose on her, that’s right.

• dee May 21, 2013 at 15:07 #

I agree.

3. Marybeth May 20, 2013 at 23:11 #

The diminished effect against a red background is regrettable, although not unforgivable.
    The dull shoes, however, I can’t overlook. What a pity that she couldn’t punch this up with killer shoes!
    She does look nice but that dress deserves so much more!

• admmgz May 21, 2013 at 00:46 #

ITA

4. Rebecca Z May 20, 2013 at 23:12 #

I love the outfit. I can live with the shoes. I don’t like the braid, though I do like having her hair up.

5. gayle May 20, 2013 at 23:15 #

The shoes need to go but otherwise I think she looks beautiful

6. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 23:15 #

Gorgeous outfit, but the styling is a real letdown. The Heidi hair and boring nude shoes just aren’t working.

7. Sharon May 21, 2013 at 00:01 #

I am tired of lace and I wish the trend would stop now.

8. Alicat May 21, 2013 at 00:25 #

I like the concept but I am not sure she is selling it to full advantage. The colour is gorgeous regardless of melding with the carpet.

9. TeaAtTwo May 21, 2013 at 00:37 #

Shame about the shoes- nude satin pumps never work- because the outfit is amazing on the runway and I don’t normally like dress over pants.

10. Nat39 May 21, 2013 at 00:42 #

She def. failed to carry it off – the outfit is hanging off her, the shoes are a major let down and she lacks confident presence to rock it.

11. Fiona May 21, 2013 at 00:50 #

She is too short for this so the skirt is hanging too limp and long so the proportions are off, plus the red on the red carpet camouflages her too much. Hate the shoes and the hair is unoriginal and too girly for this look. Plus I agree with Sharon – please stop the lace!!

12. kane May 21, 2013 at 01:25 #

Ah shame, the shoes are probably the worst bit about this look. Too bad the red carpet is drowning this look completely. While I thought it actually worked great as a sea of blood from which Cheryl emerged in Stéphane Rolland last year, Ahna’s dress appears even more flat against this background. Even her smile can’t save this.

13. Christine May 21, 2013 at 02:57 #

Let down by the shoes.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 21, 2013 at 04:34 #

Dress over pants will NEVER be ok with me. Take away the leggings, change the pumps, and I like the look even though it does blend with the carpet.

15. Ariel May 21, 2013 at 05:36 #

Great dress on the wrong woman.

16. the ogre May 21, 2013 at 06:10 #

For me this is again a case of misinterpretation of the runway aesthetic but I get the fact that she was going for a softer look and it kinda works except for the fact that those shoes r a huge mistake. Otherwise her hair and make up is really quite pretty.

17. Joy May 21, 2013 at 06:59 #

I like it, I like it a lot. I think this look is hard to pull off, but for me she manages to carry off the runway look and look just as good. I love that it is different. But in a good way. I don’t even know who she is, but she is wearing some great outfits at Cannes. I’m definitely noticing!

I’m loving all these braids too!

18. Louise May 21, 2013 at 13:53 #

I really don’t understand why they go for chunky heels, it’s always those chunky heels that ruin an otherwise absolutely stunning look. What a constant shame.

19. Amy May 21, 2013 at 16:39 #

the pants are great,so is the top but not together. The shoes are just regrettable.