Nicole Kidman In L'Wren Scott - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Finally, she’s back.

I’m sure Diane Kruger had many more red carpet appearances under her belt this time last year, however, this is only Nicole Kidman’s second appearance during Cannes Film Festival.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before we saw the Australian actress donned her favourite designer – L’Wren Scott – but I didn’t for one second expect her to wear this blue, red and black leaf-print gown.

I absolutely love it. So did Keith Urban by the looks of things, as he couldn’t keep his hands off his lovely wife.

Nicole looked so very enchanting; the colours are beautifully unexpected, the streamline silhouette is so very flattering and I love the sultry bouffant.

This is what a true movie star looks like.

Statement cuffs on both wrists, which matched her earring and hair brooches completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Yuqi In Alexander McQueen - 'Soshite Chichi Ni Naru' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zhang Yuqi In Alexander McQueen – ‘Soshite Chichi Ni Naru’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Biel In Marchesa - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Biel In Marchesa – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

58 Responses to Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Erika May 19, 2013 at 17:55 #

She is so statuesque and poised. What a pro!

2. Noemi May 19, 2013 at 17:58 #

Stunning! The dress is beautiful, I love the colors of the print, fits her perfectly and the styling is impeccable. The diva Nicole Kidman is back!

3. Christine May 19, 2013 at 17:58 #

So good to see her back! I like this dress on her!

4. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2013 at 18:00 #

Nicole’s been pulling out of her style rut for a while now, but Cannes was obviously what she needed. She’s been fantastic so far! This look is stunning–interesting, fashion-forward, and unusual. I really like it. The cuffs on both wrists is not a favorite trend of mine (though I do like these cuffs) but I’ll overlook that minor issue in this case. Her hair looks good too. She’s doing really well!

5. Jeremy May 19, 2013 at 18:02 #

Really beautiful. You’re right, FC, this is what a genuine MOVIESTAR looks like.

Also – and this might sound absurd – but after going through the pics on Getty from this event, my favourite thing is that there are a couple of pics where she has her eyebrows raised and you can actually see movement in her forehead! Creases!! haha. So, apparently she’s stopped the botox. Which is, in itself, a tremendous improvement.

• eng-narak May 19, 2013 at 20:11 #

I’m a fan of her but I’m not sure that she stop a botox hahaha moreover she always stunning both inside and out!

6. Alina May 19, 2013 at 18:05 #

Gorgeous!

I say: Welcome back, stylish Nicole!

• Tiger Nueng May 19, 2013 at 20:31 #

for me,she already back! from Sag awards 2013 till now.

7. Lilly May 19, 2013 at 18:05 #

She looks amazing. This is what a real movie star looks like, she oozes glamour and at the same time it seems she’s not even trying.

• Tiger Nueng May 19, 2013 at 19:09 #

8. Nat39 May 19, 2013 at 18:06 #

Absolutely love it too!! This is the kind of silhouette she does best, it´s always breathtaking with her statuesque lean frame and natural poise, the unusual print is such a delight, and her presentation is once again impeccable, the bouffant and the cuffs really make the overall look come together.

9. Mol May 19, 2013 at 18:06 #

I was tentative about the comeback, but I can see now that she has settled into it and I am poised to become a believer……..I love this, within her stylistic wheelhouse but also, interesting and different, bravo Nicole!

10. Yeliz May 19, 2013 at 18:09 #

J’adooooooooooooore.

11. Rashmi May 19, 2013 at 18:11 #

Oh I love this! Nicole plz come everyday on the RC.. She is stunning, the dress is unpredictable and gorgeous!

12. Mina May 19, 2013 at 18:23 #

This is gorgeous. Nicole Kidman in Dior couture on opening night is still my favorite Canines 2013 look by far.

13. kane May 19, 2013 at 18:28 #

Spectacular! I might even like this a bit better than the Dior, although it’s a close call–she looks gorgeous!

14. Ramsay May 19, 2013 at 18:31 #

FC can’t we get another pic? This is bad angle photo (she looks wide in it) when in all the other pics she doesn’t
    It’s another coup for her
    Gorgeous

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2013 at 18:58 #

I have purchased this one…Sorry.

• Mena May 19, 2013 at 22:12 #

FC, is Ramsay’s comment a joke?

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2013 at 22:20 #

Sadly, no. It has become quite the norm.

What people don’t realise is when you are live blogging, you take one of the first photos which is streamed in live from the picture agency.

Once you have downloaded that image, you have paid for it. I am not one of those bloggers who steals images from Zimbio or JustJared.

There is no comebacks, no refunds. As an independent blogger, I don’t have the spending capabilities of JustJared who downloads many pictures per article.

• Kathy May 20, 2013 at 00:26 #

You do realize FC not only has to download the red carpet photo, she also has to piece it together with the runway picture and write the commentary, right? Not to mention repeat the process about 25 times a day. And I trust that we readers are keen enough to judge when someone looks bad simply because of the angle of the photo, and not just because of what he or she is wearing.

15. Milla B. May 19, 2013 at 18:41 #

She looks amazing. I loooove the print. Also the hair looks better today.

• dee May 20, 2013 at 19:48 #

I agree.

16. Tiger Nueng May 19, 2013 at 18:41 #

She look really really amazing,I love all whole look but sorry I can’t belive this is L’Wren Scott dress.

17. Pablo May 19, 2013 at 18:45 #

Wow. Burst of colour. Lovely.

She knows her neck and shoulder line are great, and goes for strapless to enhance it. Really statuesque.

Next time leave a cuff in the hotel room and you’ll get a perfect 10! :)

18. Quinn May 19, 2013 at 18:48 #

She just exudes elegance and confidence. Gorgeous!

19. Papiki May 19, 2013 at 18:59 #

Head-to-toe perfection!

20. ChannelChanel May 19, 2013 at 19:01 #

Ahhh, the hair! I wish she’d have her Cannes hair stylist for every red carpet appearance she’ll have in the future. She’s had some really interesting hairstyles in the last few days. And of course the dress is very season appropriate and very refreshing.

21. CreoleLady May 19, 2013 at 19:19 #

Yes, yes, YES! Color, drama, excitement. And did I say color? Part of me wishes she had thrown on that ruff, lol. No, did not expect this but I’m so glad to see it because I’ve had enough of black and white on the Cannes red carpet.

22. robbie May 19, 2013 at 19:24 #

she looks like absolute perfection.

23. Paulo May 19, 2013 at 19:51 #

Not only do I love the dresses she’s been wearing lately but also Nicole’s confidence has been undeniable. She’s really owning it! Gorgeous! And I love her hair.

• eng-narak May 19, 2013 at 20:09 #

This is not her night so I thinks simply and clean dress like this really perfect for her.

24. Jai May 19, 2013 at 20:03 #

I simply love this. It’s so unusual and classic at the same time. And the hair! Sometimes I feel Nicole struggles with her hair but in Cannes, brilliant. All up, she’s really brought it and I love she hasn’t overdone her appearances either.

• giogin May 19, 2013 at 20:23 #

25. eng-narak May 19, 2013 at 20:07 #

OMG! this is awesome!!!!! She take my breath away.

26. MaddyEliza May 19, 2013 at 21:04 #

I don’t like this. :/ I think it’s the pattern. It comes off as frumpy and ‘grandma’s wallpaper’-ish to me. I loved her floral Dior look the first night (with those bright pumps, oh my! :) ) but I haven’t really liked any of Nicole’s other looks. Not for Cannes, at least.
    I miss Diane Kruger. :(

27. Rebecca Z May 19, 2013 at 21:10 #

Totally gorgeous. Next I want her to wear the Roksanda Ilincic dress in your favorites.

• Tiger Nueng May 19, 2013 at 21:14 #

i agree with you,now she always change a variety of disigner and I hope she try some zuhair murad 2013 couture!

28. gidget bananas May 19, 2013 at 21:13 #

Nice! Nicole looks so good in bold colors, I wish she’d wear them more often. I also wish she lost the cuffs and wore a necklace — something simple — but that’s just a quibble.

29. Tiger Nueng May 19, 2013 at 21:16 #

Gold and White dress of zuhair murad 2013 couture must be perfect on her.

30. Paulo May 19, 2013 at 21:26 #

Also, it’s only a matter of time until she wears a Marchesa dress – considering the Harvey Weinstein connection. I can’t wait til that happens since when Marchesa first started out both Keren and Georgina said they hoped to see Nicole Kidman in one of their creations.

• Ethan May 20, 2013 at 03:53 #

Oh i dont really like the Marchesa dresses, I hope nicole can try a dress of Lavin ,gaultier, or even armani next time.

31. Prudence May 19, 2013 at 21:28 #

I love her hair and makeup, the dress is nothing spectacular at all. This woman can do far better than this.

32. LEI May 19, 2013 at 21:52 #

She looks good in here.Her skin is flawless.

33. Kat May 19, 2013 at 21:53 #

I don’t like the print but there’s no denying she pulls this off magnificently. And since everybody else played it safe she wins the day for me.

34. Kathy May 20, 2013 at 00:27 #

Can’t say I’m a fan of the color combination or print, but Nicole totally sells it nevertheless. She looks regal and just the right amount of youthful.

35. Fiona May 20, 2013 at 00:37 #

After a sea of black & white some colour! I love this on her, she always looks impeccable and most of all she looks happy which no stylist can give you!

36. Nat May 20, 2013 at 00:38 #

One word: PERFECTION.

37. Alicat May 20, 2013 at 01:14 #

I love everything but the busy print. She looks beautiful, but the print is overpowering and looks like a William Morris wallpaper.

38. Pedro May 20, 2013 at 03:32 #

Perfect!

Such a flawless Diva

39. Ethan May 20, 2013 at 03:47 #

Nicole looks amazing as usually! Love it!

40. Ariel May 20, 2013 at 09:45 #

Nicole is too classy for this plain dress. Boring model and awful pattern. She really tried to match it with the jewelry, but it failed.
    She and her husband are a great couple, though!

• Pene May 20, 2013 at 14:12 #

ITA

41. lin May 20, 2013 at 10:21 #

At first glance, the model looks like she has a rather large beard!

• Alicat May 20, 2013 at 10:44 #

Lol. So she does. I hadn’t noticed til you pointed it out. Now it’s all I can see!!

42. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 15:54 #

Not a fan of this. Too beachy feeling for Cannes, IMO.

43. Jess2 May 21, 2013 at 05:37 #

The picture of grace and elegence, even with a somewhat edgy look. Love her, she sure is a movie star worthy of the name! Amazing!

44. Fashion Guru May 28, 2013 at 03:29 #

This dress needed a much higher heel, which Nicole could not have worn because she was with Keith. A sleeker updo or simple bun with extra large African inspired earrings would have lifted this look. She looks nice, but should avoid L’wren Scott all together. Nicole is can do better than ‘nice.’ She’s Nicole effing Kidman for crying out loud.