Jessica Biel In Marchesa – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Biel In Marchesa - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Following a short trip to Monaco for the Dior Cruise 2014 presentation yesterday evening, Jessica Biel took to the red carpet during the Cannes Film Festival this evening to support her husband Justin Timberlake who stars in the movie, ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’.

Opting not to wear a gown, the actress wore a feather-and-embroidered confection from Marchesa’s Fall 2012 collection.

I’m not sure I love the dress, however, I’m thankful that she took a risk — but I know I don’t like the styling.

The heavily embellished Marchesa clutch and serpent necklace detract a lot of attention away from the dress. The necklace feels like the biggest offender here.

I’m sure there will be many Bjork comparisons, so what do you think about this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicole Kidman In L'Wren Scott - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

44 Responses to Jessica Biel In Marchesa – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 19, 2013 at 18:30 #

I actually really like this – necklace included.

• DSI May 19, 2013 at 18:32 #

+1 The surreal tone of the dress is off-set beautifully by the serpent necklace. Perfect hair and make-up too.

• Mol May 19, 2013 at 19:05 #

Somehow my earlier comment didn’t go through, but I agree with you – my favorite shot is the closeup of her from the bustline up – it seems as if the serpent is going to crawl down into the ghostly white organic flowers/grass like shapes of the embroidery, very cool. I see this as a winning appearance.

• adrian May 21, 2013 at 02:29 #

+3 – and that’s huge for me because I don’t like Marchesa OR J. Biel.

2. Christine May 19, 2013 at 18:31 #

She is trying a bit too hard here. Especially with that necklace. The dress and the up close detailing is beautiful though.. I can’t with those shoes.

3. Liz May 19, 2013 at 18:32 #

Surprisingly, since I’m not a big Jessica Biel fan, I actually love this look. Maybe on another red carpet the necklace would have been overkill but as this is Cannes, I’m happy that she went a tad over the top, especially as her dress wasn’t a floor-length gown. She still manages to look delicate, beautiful and unique.

• Denise May 20, 2013 at 07:50 #

+1! She looks breathtaking ! Love this dress and the necklace !

• Jess2 May 21, 2013 at 05:48 #

I agree 100%

4. Nat39 May 19, 2013 at 18:33 #

I clearly dislike the gown, the feathers, the embroidery, and that necklace is a major eyesore, and she looks so one-note pale and washed-out.

• Rashmi May 19, 2013 at 18:36 #

+1 for the feathers and the necklace! She can do much better than this

5. Yeliz May 19, 2013 at 18:33 #

I do love the dress on her and the simple pumps, but the necklace and the clutch are too much (even though this is Cannes) and the hairstyle is kinda aging her.

6. Emmeline May 19, 2013 at 18:34 #

I like the dress, hair and makeup, but I definitely would have ditched the pumps for sandals. I’m still undecided about the necklace.

7. Olivia May 19, 2013 at 18:35 #

I’m not a Marchesa fan but I really like this and if you’re ever going to go a bit further then Cannes is the place to do it. And whatever else you think, there’s no denying the detail and work in that dress.

• admmgz May 20, 2013 at 04:00 #

8. Juju May 19, 2013 at 18:35 #

While she looks pretty, although the necklace was a bit much, I feel underwhelmed. That gorgeous face and beautiful hair combo deserved more for Cannes.

9. Paulyne May 19, 2013 at 18:39 #

I actually like it ! I’m not so sure about the necklace but i’m thankfull she took a risk and her styling (apart from the necklace) is appropriate for Cannes !

10. Lily May 19, 2013 at 18:40 #

Im surprised but I actually like this combo, she looks beautiful. Her face looks very youthful, fresh and pretty and the necklace, although slightly out of place, sort of works. I think its a hit

11. Pablo May 19, 2013 at 18:40 #

Ew. Not liking anything here (maybe her hair and make-up).
    Big NO from me.

12. ash May 19, 2013 at 18:44 #

I actually love this on her.. I usually hate anything Jessica wears because she either looks so blah or she’s trying so hard to be a fashion girl, but this one is just perfect on her. And thank God, she wiped her heavy bangs off her face.

13. Kathy May 19, 2013 at 18:49 #

I don’t hate it, but the dress looks so freaking HEAVY. It’s a miracle Jessica can even walk around…it’s so weighed down and bottom-heavy with feathers and embroidery.

14. Marybeth May 19, 2013 at 18:57 #

I don’t think it’s a disaster but it’s definitely overkill.
    I actually like the necklace. I wish she had worn it with a very simple, floor-length gown.

15. kane May 19, 2013 at 19:02 #

Not liking the dress too much–it’s to swan-y for me to really appreciate. The accessories are a definite no for me.

16. justme May 19, 2013 at 19:31 #

No offense to Jessica but she wishes she could be half as interesting as Björk lol.

I don’t hate this, it’s just that the different pieces don’t go together.

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2013 at 19:52 #

I have never been a fan of strapless necklaces, as they are usually sitting too low (this one is a the perfect height, though) and they always look so unfinished. Therefore, I actually really like the choice of the necklace as it fills the “blank” space. Also, the gown is unusual, and so is the necklace–I think they go well together. The whole look is styled really well and it might be my favorite look from Jessica EVER. I can’t remember ever liking something of hers so much before. This is fab! BDOTD-worthy!

18. Noemi May 19, 2013 at 20:37 #

When I see feathers I only think at some dead birds, so I’m not crazy about this dress. Also, the necklace is too much and I don’t even like the shoes. But she always looks radiant. She and Justin are a gorgeous couple, they can compete with Joshua and Diane.

19. KC May 19, 2013 at 20:59 #

Sorry, but she looks like a tampon.

20. gidget bananas May 19, 2013 at 21:09 #

I like the dress and I like the necklace but NOT together. I don’t like her shoes, either. That dress needs something more substantial, like in the runway look.

21. Rebecca Z May 19, 2013 at 21:12 #

I love the dress. I would prefer it without the necklace, but I like everything else. Her hair and makeup are perfection.

22. Rachel May 19, 2013 at 21:12 #

NO BANGS! that’s all I care about.

• Fiona May 20, 2013 at 00:34 #

Agree! Thank goodness she has grown them out, she looks so beautiful here. I love this dress on her, but the shoes are too ladylike for such a quirky dress and the necklace is stunning but does not belong with this dress.

23. Prudence May 19, 2013 at 21:24 #

ahaha yes!! Overkill for sure. There was no need for that necklace and those shoes…I cant even got there. the styling here is too awful.

24. Chloe May 19, 2013 at 21:50 #

I like it, maybe a little less feathers, but other than that, she looks gorgeous

25. LEI May 19, 2013 at 21:52 #

Too matchy-matchy again.Less is more.

26. Nat May 20, 2013 at 00:38 #

This is actually the first red carpet look of hers that I ever liked it. It looks amazing on her body and I loved the necklace.

27. Alicat May 20, 2013 at 01:07 #

I love this. She has certainly moved out of her comfort zone. It is different and fits and flatters perfectly.

28. Jess May 20, 2013 at 09:22 #

I love the combination of quirky dress and surreal necklace, it is Cannes after all. Nothing boring about this look. The shoes are the only thing bothering me, I would have liked a sandal. Hair and make-up perfection, she looks beautiful and radiant

29. Ariel May 20, 2013 at 09:35 #

Sandals, earrings instead of the necklace, and some more original up-do would make it perfection for me. The rouge on her face is a bit too much. I also like much more the color of the dress on the model!

30. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 15:55 #

Not a fan.

31. Ashley May 20, 2013 at 17:34 #

I adore the dress and covet the necklace! But the shoes…too bland. And the clutch is a bit superfluous.

32. Kateryna May 20, 2013 at 19:33 #

It looks like she like feathers. This is the second time i see her wearing feathers.

33. dee May 20, 2013 at 19:48 #

Just wish she wore sandals.

34. goldfish May 20, 2013 at 19:59 #

her body is perfection! she really needs to show it off more- her sexy sultry side!

35. Dhppy May 20, 2013 at 23:23 #

I wish she had stuck to the runway shoes, this gown calls for flourish. I agree that the necklace is stealing far too much thunder from the gown, though. Perhaps a pop of color would have been nice.

36. dreamz May 22, 2013 at 07:42 #