Jennifer Lawrence In Dior

Jennifer Lawrence joined a host of celebs this evening at the Grand Théâtre Lumière in France for the ‘Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy of a Plains Indian)’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

OK, so it wasn’t her night tonight, but in the land of ‘go big or go home’ I wish Jennifer had opted for another Christian Dior Fall 2013 look.

Don’t get me wrong, I actually love the look. It’s so clean and elegant, much like Emma Watson’s look earlier in the week, but I just wanted a wee bit more wow factor. Hopefully that will materialize for her own premiere.

A tousled center-parted do, Chopard jewels, Charlotte Olympia clutch and a fuchsia pink lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture - 'Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy Of A Plains Indian)' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Paz Vega In Stéphane Rolland Couture – ‘Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy Of A Plains Indian)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lea Seydoux In Louis Vuitton - 'Grand Central' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lea Seydoux In Louis Vuitton – ‘Grand Central’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

26 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy Of A Plains Indian)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Emmeline May 18, 2013 at 18:35 #

I think with the right styling this could have been a really nice look for her.

But her hair looks unkempt and the makeup to me looks clownish. Such a disappointment.

• noo May 18, 2013 at 18:52 #

i think styling is what makes or breaks dior looks nowadays, this is why i prefer marion cotillard to jennifer lawrence when it comes to wearing dior. for example, marion cotillard at the baftas wore a whacky dress with such polished styling that it made her look superb imo. but jennifer is going for something “youthful”, which makes her look really messy!

2. Pablo May 18, 2013 at 18:38 #

Chic and appropriate. I’m sure they’re saving something bigger for her premiere.

ps- is Nicole Kidman attending any premieres at all? ;)

3. Nat39 May 18, 2013 at 18:39 #

Boring, lackluster, disappointing. The gown is so plain and ordinary, her hair is dull, the makeup is too heavy. I’m very underwhelmed.

• Rashmi May 18, 2013 at 19:28 #

+1! The gown, the make up, the styling and the hair! All are disappointing

4. Jai May 18, 2013 at 18:39 #

What’s going on around her waist? I don’t get it. And why do they always have to put so much makeup on her? She young and naturally stunning. Highlight that, don’t cover it up with a trowel.

• Prudence May 18, 2013 at 18:53 #

thank you!!! She is always overly caked and I hate it she is like 22, it makes her look so old. Overall this dress is aweful, wtf is at her waist??? This poor girl needs to realize her and dior will always be a miss.

5. Nic76 May 18, 2013 at 18:44 #

She didn’t even try, did she? I understand it’s her first time there, but seriously. And if she was going for the minimalist approach, it’s too bad it comes on the heels of Emma’s Chanel, which worked with similar colors and silhouette. But she fared much, much better.

Maybe her other look tonight will fare better.

I do like her hair, though.

6. Noemi May 18, 2013 at 18:45 #

The original version is so much better… What a pity. I don’t like hair and make up, anyway.

7. Nic76 May 18, 2013 at 18:46 #

Also, Nicole Kidman showed everyone how Dior is worn earlier this week at the Opening Ceremony.

Jennifer should take notice. I think she’s only had one completely successful Dior look and that was at the Oscars. Otherwise it’s been dull as dishwater.

8. Anlabe May 18, 2013 at 18:47 #

I’ve never loved any of Jennifer’s Dior looks!! I am only able to tolerate them but never love them!

Dior needs someone that can produce showstopping dresses like Mr.Dior himself once did.

She’s an A-list actress, yet her style is so second-rate.

9. Yeliz May 18, 2013 at 18:51 #

I agree, this look is not enough for Cannes, but I love it nonetheless. I think it’s a simple but chic look.

• Marybeth May 18, 2013 at 19:28 #

10. Blush May 18, 2013 at 18:53 #

Weak execution. Skirt looks wrinkled and not tailored right. Emma Watson did the black/white gown in Chanel much better. I really hate Dior these days.

11. TIPTOP May 18, 2013 at 19:29 #

the model looks much much better

12. gabis May 18, 2013 at 20:02 #

Very sloopy look for such a glamorous festival. Hair and makeup are a disaster and the skirt has so many creases that it makes me wish she had stayed at her hotel.

13. Laura May 18, 2013 at 20:35 #

I was just looking through Getty images, and Rooney Mara was wearing the original version of this at a photocall today. Very interesting that that would happen.

14. Christine May 18, 2013 at 20:35 #

This is look is so snoozefest.

15. Kathy May 18, 2013 at 20:49 #

To me, Jennifer is one of those people who can carry a wide range of looks, from minimalist to glitzy, just because her personality is very effervescent and she has a devil-may-care attitude about the red carpet. I like this dress and her hair & makeup, but the skirt is a bit shapeless and sack-like. Such a shame, since the fabric and silhouette are so timeless.

16. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2013 at 21:48 #

Nicole Kidman in the runway look would have been fab for a photocall. however, this is just blah (and not very luxe looking) for a premiere. Jennifer CAN bring the wow factor, and I certainly hope she does that later on! The skirt on this, at a closer inspection, looks strangely twisted.

17. gidget bananas May 19, 2013 at 00:26 #

I much prefer the runway look. Jennifer’s version is just a white tube top and a draped black skirt; she hardly needs a designer and stylist to wind up with that. And a necklace would have helped, too.

18. Fiona May 19, 2013 at 00:30 #

As one of the faces of Dior I would have hoped they would have put her in a more memorable dress (especially as there have already been a few black & white Diors at Cannes). As has been mentioned, too much makeup and hair very lacklustre – there has been a disturbing trend of limp shoulder-length hair this week…

19. Sherrie Golden May 19, 2013 at 01:00 #

I think the only thing wrong with this picture is Jennifer Lawrence’s hair. She didn’t have time to go to the salon before the event.

20. 6Wing May 19, 2013 at 03:11 #

Her hair looks really bad. Her makeup makes her look older than she actually is, which is a shame, cause this girl is gorgeous

21. Jess2 May 19, 2013 at 04:55 #

She looks good, I like her hair and makeup. I’m hoping she brings it for her big premiere

22. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 16:07 #

Did Jennifer and Rooney wear different versions of the same dress on the same day? I prefer this version.