17.05.13

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab – Chopard Lunch

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab - Chopard Lunch

Fan Bingbing wore yet another Elie Saab dress to the Chopard Lunch during the 2013 Cannes Film Festival in France this afternoon.

Oh yes she did.

This time she selected a blush fully embellished long-sleeved knee-length dress, which she styled with Chopard jewels, taupe triple-stacked peep-toes and a white Bracher Emden clutch.

I was slightly baffled that she appears to be wearing a red bra with this look; however, her dress is backless so I’m guessing she has on one of the stick on bras.

A side-swept ponytail completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Cannes Trend Spotting: Beautiful Braided Updos

Cannes Trend Spotting: Beautiful Braided Updos

36 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab – Chopard Lunch

1. Christine May 17, 2013 at 14:21 #

Yawn. Not feeling this.

2. Lee Ann May 17, 2013 at 14:24 #

I think this is her version on minimalism. More worrisome is that she and Marion went to the same lunch-from looking at their respective outfits they look like they received 2 very different invites.

3. DSI May 17, 2013 at 14:25 #

What’s happening to Fan!

4. Eimear May 17, 2013 at 14:26 #

Glittery dress, Glittery dress,Glittery dress! NEXT!

5. kitty May 17, 2013 at 14:29 #

u should put the photo which she in Ulyana sergeenko dress in chopard party ,that is not so boring

6. fromchi-town May 17, 2013 at 14:29 #

Isn’t this look too much for a lunch? I think she has lost the mojo.

7. Charlotte May 17, 2013 at 14:30 #

The red “bra” is a fail !
    And I don’t like her styling, the shoes and the clutch.

• Beta May 17, 2013 at 14:37 #

+1 yes, who thought RED stickets under a blush dress was a good idea? :|

• Yeliz May 17, 2013 at 17:13 #

Agreed. As if there isn’t a nude coloured stick on bra available.. it was a very bad idea to wear it in red. Not liking her styling at all and this is too much for a lunch anyway.

8. Rashmi May 17, 2013 at 14:34 #

Is the stick on bra only in red color! She could have got a different one , it kills the look.
    The dress is beautifully beaded, but it is becoming so repetitive! Also, the styling is poor this time.

9. MatBer May 17, 2013 at 14:38 #

Sorry I cannot write anything, since I am busy yawning …

10. Meli May 17, 2013 at 14:42 #

I don’t like the shoes with that dress

11. Meli May 17, 2013 at 14:42 #

I don’t like the shoes with that dress

12. Pri May 17, 2013 at 14:47 #

FC, is Fan the new face of the brand now?

• Catherine Kallon May 17, 2013 at 17:55 #

she has been for a while

13. Moxie May 17, 2013 at 14:50 #

The red stick on bra ruins this whole look.

14. tom May 17, 2013 at 14:52 #

it’s enough with the elie saab…i feel like this collection has been over exposed…and i feel like i’ve seen her in ever dress from it…

15. Alina May 17, 2013 at 14:59 #

This isn’t good.

16. Mandy May 17, 2013 at 15:02 #

The Fan Bingbing/Elie Saab show has officially gone stale. There is nothing new or exciting here. Just plain predictable.

17. dee May 17, 2013 at 15:07 #

This is too dressy for a luncheon and the red stickies look bad under the dress. The dress itself is really nice.

• admmgz May 17, 2013 at 16:44 #

18. Noemi May 17, 2013 at 15:39 #

Not impressed. Beautiful dress but I don’t like the color of the shoes with it. With lunch you mean what we usually call dinner, or was it just a lunch at 1-2 p.m.? Because for a daily event the dress would be too much.

• Catherine Kallon May 17, 2013 at 17:54 #

Lunch around 1pm

19. mg May 17, 2013 at 15:41 #

she wore an amazing gown with deep v neck to Chopard event yesterday… much better than this!

20. EmmaWoodhouse May 17, 2013 at 15:54 #

I would like the dress more opaque, and in a different color. This washes her out a bit. Also, the red bra is SUCH a no. Her styling is nice, the shape of the shoes is really elegant (and I don’t usually like platforms). Because of the issues, I’m not a superfan of this look, but I am SO looking forward to more looks from Fan!

21. Kevinappears May 17, 2013 at 15:59 #

Well I have to speak for Fan cuz she actually tried things more than Elie Saab, maybe FC jumped over them or hasn’t put them all up yet. She wore Givenchy for interviews, Chris Bu for her new movie photocall and another silver Ulyana Sergeenko for Chopard party!(though pretty much like the one Zhang Yuqi has worn)

22. Rebecca Z May 17, 2013 at 16:19 #

This is a beautiful dress and it looks lovely on her, but I am bored now. Too much of the same same thing.

23. Rory May 17, 2013 at 16:42 #

I am physically sick from seeing this woman in this same damn dress. She’s been wearing them in different colours and styles for the last 3 years. It was WOW….in 2010. Please. I beg you.

TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

24. whistle May 17, 2013 at 16:42 #

she wore a silver deep V gown (ulyanasergeenko HC? maybe),
    FC could have a look.

• Catherine Kallon May 17, 2013 at 16:43 #

I am using pictures from Getty…I will check Sina now

25. julyol1972 May 17, 2013 at 16:43 #

I may be in the minority here but I don’t get the love for her – she bores me. I feel like she’s always popping up at these premieres and such to take focus away from the ones it should be centered on. She sometimes tries way too hard. I get that she is beautiful, etc. but for me she brings nothing to the table except that. I’ll never forget when she had three dress changes in one day during Oscar season but wasn’t there to present or accept an award. I think that was when I officially got off the FBB train.

26. sam May 17, 2013 at 16:44 #

I love Elie saab so much that hes my ultimate favorite, and there is no doubt that Fan Bing Bing is one of those lucky ladies than can pull off anything (like Diane Kruger).
    My problem with Fan BingBing is that she always chooses the pale colors from Elie Saab’s collections when he has a lot of other beautiful tones to choose from. He had several plum shades and beautiful teal shades from his latest collections that would look amazing on her skin tone. Also, he does modify his designs for his favorite celebs. I don’t think she looks one-note, but maybe people think she does because she’s always on one color scheme.

The dress is beautiful, but perhaps Fan needs to wear different colors

27. Chiliam May 17, 2013 at 17:17 #

The dress is boring but hair and make up is just flawless.

28. Dirk May 17, 2013 at 17:41 #

…..i guess because i’m a guy, but i’ve never heard of a stick-on bra. Huh.

and yes, this look is pretty boring.

29. Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 12:46 #

Ok so I may have to change my previous tune. Up to Fan’s previous Saab gown she has been flawless but this look is a bit different. Of course I love the detail on the dress, as always Elie does not disappoint but the colour is not right for Fan. The somewhat visible bra is really disappointing and the styling isn’t great. I think she needs to take a moment and regroup, then she will be better than ever.

30. Sherrie Golden May 18, 2013 at 13:39 #