Karolina Kurkova In Carolina Herrera – 2013 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup

Karolina Kurkova In Carolina Herrera - 2013 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup

Model Karolina Kurkova turned out for a day of sport at the 2013 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup at the Greenwich Polo Club in Connecticut, hosted on Wednesday during HRH Prince Harry’s visit to the United States.

After a punkish spin at the Met Gala last week, the statuesque stunner referenced another style era, the ’40s, with this retro-chic moment; a bell-sleeve dress from Carolina Herrera’s Fall 2013 collection.

Covered up in abstract blue dahlia blooms, Karolina strutted out an entirely different vibe from her customary cool-girl edge in this prim and proper frock.

But she was no wallflower and can obviously keep pace with old Hollywood glamour, too.

In fact, I almost prefer her more simplistic styling of the look to that seen on the runway, as she turned the neckline into a keyhole and threw off the dark-navy belt in favour of letting the ruched corset waist stand on its own.

The matching sandals were also cast aside for a straightforward pair of white pumps, while she topped off the ensemble with a casual side-parted ponytail and a petal-pink lippie.

Perfect for polo, or too plain?

Freida Pinto's 'The Great Gatsby' Cannes Film Festival Premeire Gucci Gown Sketch

Freida Pinto’s ‘The Great Gatsby’ Cannes Film Festival Premeire Gucci Gown Sketch

JW Anderson for Versus by Versace Collection Launch Party

JW Anderson for Versus by Versace Collection Launch Party

10 Responses to Karolina Kurkova In Carolina Herrera – 2013 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup

1. Alina May 16, 2013 at 10:40 #

I just don’t feel like this look is her style.

2. Fashion Lover May 16, 2013 at 10:54 #

The runway styling gives the dress a romantic charm that’s very attractive. Karolina’s look almost verges on sporty, which is fine for the occasion but I agree with Alina, this doesn’t seem to be her style.

3. Fashion Lover May 16, 2013 at 10:55 #

The runway styling gives the dress a romantic charm. Karolina’s look almost verges on sporty, which is fine for the occasion but I agree with Alina, this doesn’t seem to be her style.

4. Yeliz May 16, 2013 at 11:35 #

She looks nice enough, but I don’t think that this is her style either.

5. Alicat May 16, 2013 at 12:02 #

Actually I don’t think she does do old Hollywood glamour very well. Back then, the ladies filled out their dresses with generous curves. Super model or not, Ms Kurkova does not suit the style of this dress. It is too straight up and down particularly from the hips thought to the waist.

6. Christine May 16, 2013 at 13:15 #

She looks good. I like this!

7. dee May 16, 2013 at 13:47 #

I wish she wore other shoes. Something to bring the dress to life like on the runway.

8. Moxie May 16, 2013 at 15:22 #

Very matronly.

9. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 15:47 #

I like the runway styling, and Karolina’s. It’s a pretty and unusual dress which I really enjoy!!!

10. Flavia Style Source May 24, 2013 at 21:52 #

Beautiful dress with the glamour scent of the 40′s.
    I like the white with floral vivid blue motifs on a silky fabric.

From the way Kurkova stands, you can guess is not her personal style there, is the stylist who dressed her. She is more sportive than sporty, if you get the difference.