16.05.13

Freida Pinto's 'The Great Gatsby' Cannes Film Festival Premeire Gucci Gown Sketch

Last night Gucci dressed Freida Pinto for the premiere of The Great Gatsby on the opening night of the 66th Annual Cannes International Film Festival.

Here is an exclusive sketch showcasing Freida one of a king Gucci coral silk chiffon halter gown with fully embellished belt.

The India actress is set to work with Gucci once again because on June 1, Freida will be among the presenters at ‘The Sound of Change Live,’ a global concert event taking place at London’s Twickenham Stadium which will be broadcast around the world.

The concert event, headlined by Beyonce Knowles, will be presented by CHIME FOR CHANGE, the recently launched global campaign founded by Gucci, which serves to raise funds and awareness for girls’ and women’s empowerment.

Go to ChimeForChange.org for more details on the concert event.

Credit: Courtesy of Gucci

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Emma Watson In Christopher Kane - 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Emma Watson In Christopher Kane – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

9 Responses to Freida Pinto’s ‘The Great Gatsby’ Cannes Film Festival Premeire Gucci Gown Sketch

1. Teleholic May 16, 2013 at 10:17 #

I try not to be a negative nancy and only post critical comments, but…

I really like Freida, and I usually like her choices, but a lot of the time the fit around the bodice area of her dresses kind of gives her an ill-fitted shape.

I don’t know if the waistline is too high or if maybe she’d look different with support, but it always just throws me a little whenever she wears gowns and dresses.

Do you see this too or is it just me?

P.S. Thank you for your coverage of Cannes, I get goosebumps this time of year with anticipation.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 15:47 #

I didn’t notice it with this look, but I have definitely seen that be an issue in the past.

2. Yeliz May 16, 2013 at 10:27 #

She looked pretty, but this isn’t a shilouette which we didn’t saw before IMO.

3. CreoleLady May 16, 2013 at 12:28 #

The more I learn about this dress and see it on Pinto, the more I love it. I’ve a weakness for chiffon beautifully done, as it is here. That color! I don’t see any fit issues from this vantage point, love from top to toe. Thank you for featuring this sketch.

4. Paul May 16, 2013 at 12:32 #

Mmm…it looks like this was a sketch for salma…i lean..look..it s salma…and ended at an option for freida. Recycling . That s very organic style

5. Aestra May 16, 2013 at 13:07 #

Somehow the gown looks much more glamorous in the sketch. I felt cloth around her neck is a bit too think and setting awkwardly.

6. dee May 16, 2013 at 13:46 #

Should have worn her hair down like in the sketch. That hairstyle she had was not working for me.

7. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 15:48 #

Wish she’d worn her hair differently but other than that I love this look! The sketch is so pretty too.

8. Nat39 May 16, 2013 at 18:17 #

What a difference when those shoes aren’t showing, they were bringing the look down big time.