Audrey Tautou In Yiqing Yin – 2013 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Audrey Tautou In Yiqing Yin - 2013 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Audrey Tautou didn’t take to the red carpet for the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony last night, as she was holding court as the mistress of ceremonies at the Palais des Festivals in France.

The French actress used the occasion to showcase an up-and-coming young French designer of Chinese descent, Yiqing Yin, who spent 400 hours creating her unusual, yet brilliant frosted mint organza and silk chiffon gown with some micro pleating, a fitted bodice and a floaty sheer skirt with a side slit.

This piece really is a work of art. As always, I love her effortless styling.

Many of you disliked her photocall look, so I’m sure this amazing piece makes up for it.

Credit: Getty

24 thoughts on “Audrey Tautou In Yiqing Yin – 2013 Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. Pablo

Is she in competition for Best Dressed of Day 1? Cause she’s a real strong contender, I want to cast my vote properly ;) Oh Cannes is such fun :D

2. Alicat

This is fashion as art. Just stunning. 400 hours of beautiful, intricate work… The colour and feminine softness of the gown suit Ms Tautou to a tee. Her pixie hairstyle and makeup are perfect. I think we will be seeing a lot more of this young designer’s creations.

3. Charlotte

I love this dress ! I didn’t expect very much from Audrey Tautour, I, usually, don’t like her look but yesterday she was stunning. The dress is wonferdul, chic and not ordinary. Plus her simple styling was perfect.
    My best look of the evening.

4. Joy

WOW!!! This dress is amazing! It reminds me of an Iris opening. Love the color!! I love how Audrey’s wears such an intricate gown so effortless.

5. dee

I am sorry but I disagree on this gown. This looks a a disheveled mess. It looks like tissue paper crumbled up. Not liking this at all.

1. Ariel

I agree. From a distance she looks like wrapped in bandages. From closer the top looks better, but the whole impression is of something boring. Too bad, since Audrey is so beautiful!

6. Kat

The concept is fascinating and whilst the work hours that went into it execution are impressive, I’m not sold on the over-all effect. The ruffles just below the bodice are very distracting and pretty much ruin the gown for me.

7. Anne

Unpopular opinion: Close-up, the bodice is gorgeous, but I don’t think this is a particularly flattering dress in its entirety.

8. EmmaWoodhouse

The sheer slitted skirt is not to my taste, but the artistic bodice is beautiful. I like her hair and makeup here as well.