Zoe Saldana In Rodarte – ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ LA Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Rodarte - 'Star Trek Into Darkness' LA Premiere

Before Zoe Saldana hits Cannes Film Festival on Monday to promote her next project ‘Blood Ties’ with Marion Cotillard, she hit the red carpet at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on Tuesday evening for the ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ LA premiere.

Giving us our second look at the Rodarte Fall 2013 collection in so many days, the actress was the picture of perfection, wearing a nude silk embroidered dress.

Instead of styling the look with the barbed-wire accessories we saw on Chloe Sevigny yesterday, Zoe added pearl-accented Aurelie Bidermann jewels.

Along with her red lippie, a further pop of colour came via her orange-and-gold Oscar Tiye heels.

An effortless updo and a Rodarte white-and-gold knit cardigan, which we see her wearing in some pictures, completed her BDOTW-worthy look.

Surely it’s not that cold in LA. She won’t be needing a cardigan when she hits Cannes next week.

Kate Beckinsale In Alberta Ferretti - 'Star Trek Into Darkness' LA Premiere

Kate Beckinsale In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ LA Premiere

Audrey Tautou In RED Valentino - Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Audrey Tautou In RED Valentino – Cannes Film Festival Photocall

44 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Rodarte – ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ LA Premiere

1. Erika May 15, 2013 at 11:04 #

Rodarte is a difficult brand to wear. And no wonder! This looks like a slip that my granny or great granny would wear.

• Christine May 15, 2013 at 14:28 #

Sadly, I am not liking this.

• Francois Bresmal May 17, 2013 at 21:27 #

Yes it’s a difficult brand to wear + I absolutely HATED this collection but I love how Zoe pulls off this look with great aplomb!

2. Yeliz May 15, 2013 at 11:05 #

I really don’t like the sheer part of this dress. It would’ve looked better if the dress would’ve been wholly lined. I love her flawless styling but I’m not wowed by the overall look.

3. Rashmi May 15, 2013 at 11:13 #

I like the way she carries the dress effortlessly and elegantly. However, I dislike the dress in the first place. The sheer part looks bad along with the uneven hem.

4. noo May 15, 2013 at 11:18 #

i don’t like one thing about this look :S

• Lashae May 15, 2013 at 11:22 #

+1. This look is so unfortunate from head to toe.

• DSI May 15, 2013 at 11:25 #

+1 looks like a sexy night dress. She comes off as sheer tacky! Perfection? BDOTW? really? far far far away from it imo.

• Charlotte May 15, 2013 at 11:38 #

I agree ! This dress is awful and I don’t have a word to describe the cardigan. A real miss for Zoe.

5. Jing Xiang May 15, 2013 at 11:18 #

This nude sheer ruffled tiered creation by Rodarte may look blah on the runway, but it transformed into oomph on Zoe Saldana!!! Love how Zoe styled her hair into a retro side bun and jazzes up her sheer stunner with a bold red lip and to-die-for two-tone Oscar Tiye heels!! She looks uber sheer-mazing and nothing short of drama!! Fabulous and stunning as always for our sexy Latina fashionista!! Long live Zoe Saldana!! Can’t wait for her Cannes promo!!!

6. Mick May 15, 2013 at 11:21 #

Sorry but no. She def has the poise to carry difficult looks, but this dress is just too ugly, in both shape and color. I used to love Rodarte, but the latest collections have been a miss.

7. Martin May 15, 2013 at 11:24 #

Zoe is so much better than this. Rodarte’s Fall 2013 collection was one of the poorest of the season for me, and this dress shows exactly why: it’s flat, limp, dull, unflattering and looks shoddily-made. Chloe Sevigny looked equally as bad in a piece from the same collection the other day. The sooner we all move on to next season, the better.

8. jo May 15, 2013 at 11:27 #

I don’t like this dress and even though Zoe look great in anything she can do better.

9. TL May 15, 2013 at 11:39 #

Ugly dress, and the color is awful….

10. Alicat May 15, 2013 at 11:54 #

The tiered, asymmetrical “frilly bits” make the dress look cheap and poorly made. The sheer panel looks random. It also is in an unflattering colour. Ms Saldana’ styling is infinitely better than on the runway, but it is still an unfortunate choice. All said, her hair and makeup look good.

• Martin May 15, 2013 at 12:11 #

Totally agree with all your points, especially on the cheap-looking factor. And the ironic thing is that the gown will retail for over US$5000. Scary.

• dee May 15, 2013 at 13:44 #

I agree.

11. Elaine May 15, 2013 at 11:57 #

Agree that Zoe is SO much better than this. Do not rate this at all, from the sheerness (exposing belly-button!!) to the asymmetrical ruffle hem, to the colour.

I can’t say I like a thing about this look

12. Joy May 15, 2013 at 12:36 #

Yeah, this is a NO for me. I’ll give the dress, cardigan & shoes credit for each pieces delicateness. That is were my praise stops. The dress’ hem is horrible. That is my least favorite part. The sheerness is pretty in theory but looks trashy in reality. Seeing her navel through what is supposed to be an elegant gown is just ridiculous. The shoes are really unflattering and look like the suede strap is so soft, I don’t even know how she can walk. Zoe is a beautiful women and would look good in a paper bag, which might be better then this get up.

13. zara May 15, 2013 at 12:37 #

you are always so biased towards her! def not a BDOTW look!

• Lauren May 15, 2013 at 13:02 #

No respect for the author…I hate comments like this.

Say you dislike the dress then move on….what has biased got to do with it?

Can’t a person simply be in the minority and actually like this look?

14. Evil Britta May 15, 2013 at 12:43 #

Worst she’s ever looked. Unlined, the dress has a floaty quality, but with the the lining on the skirt it makes the sheer belly look cheap. Like a handmade prom dress for someone who wanted something “hippie”.

15. TeaAtTwo May 15, 2013 at 13:29 #

Not even Zoe’s good styling and poise can make me like this dress.

• CreoleLady May 15, 2013 at 23:10 #

I’m sad to say I agree. Props to Saldana’s styling but nothing can save this dress. Not too impressed with Rodarte theses days.

16. Molly May 15, 2013 at 14:08 #

Agree with most of the comments, and I’m really not sold on the shoes – but wow, that cuff is beautiful and so complementary to the dress.

17. kane May 15, 2013 at 14:14 #

Zoe can wow, stun and amaze me even though I wouldn’t count her among my fashion crushs, but this is a clear no, no, NO!

• kane May 15, 2013 at 14:17 #

…even more so as I now realise that the lower part isn’t as sheer as the upper part… I mean, I get why but that undermines the idea behind the dress (not sure if I’m phrasing this well).

18. Nat May 15, 2013 at 14:19 #

I think we tend to give Zoe free passes ‘coz she usually looks perfect and she can sell (almost) every look, but this dress is just ugly.
    She makes the best out of it, but still…definitely not a BDOTW-nominee.
    She’s better than this dress.

19. Pedro May 15, 2013 at 15:05 #

I hate everything about this look!

REALLY ugly… that’s sad

20. dressaddict May 15, 2013 at 15:05 #

I can’t believe they still make a dress like this. It’s incredible tacky and outdated, WDOTW imo.

• AG May 15, 2013 at 15:36 #

Tacky and outdated were the first words that came to my mind too!

21. Raquel May 15, 2013 at 15:07 #

Not her best look, but that Rodarte collection is a real pain.

Maybe it was cold inside the theater and she needed the cardigan.

22. Moxie May 15, 2013 at 15:11 #

Not her best look, but she is trying to make it work. But the sheer panel and ruffles look cheap and even the divine Zoe Saldana can’t save this look.

23. Prudence May 15, 2013 at 15:20 #

……WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU PEOPLE??? This is an unbelievable look. Like one of you mentioned, Rodarte is incredibly hard to pull off but she just did! That dress with her skin tone is gorgeous and I am not getting one bit of granny slip at all..THIS IS FASHION! Zoe just keeps going up in my fashion books with these unique ( non strapless mermaid dress) looks!

24. Camille May 15, 2013 at 15:36 #

Not a lot of fans for this dress, but I’m going to buck the trend and say the dress is fine it is her styling that is off. The dress has a soft ethereal boho kind of vibe and yet she pairs it with red and I think it brings the whole look down. The hard modern edge of the bold red lip, the trendy colorblock shoe is the wrong juxtaposition for this dress. Instead of being a cool funky contrast the red styling choices are jarring and just cheapen the look of the dress. I think the flaw is mainly in the color of the dress, not a good choice for Zoe’s skintone, too muddy and blah and that’s probably why they thought a bit of intense color would brighten the look and make it work for her. Instead it is just all wrong, wrong color dress, wrong accesories and too bold a lip for this look.

25. justme May 15, 2013 at 16:14 #

This is my least favourite look of Zoe from this promo tour. Her styling is amazing (love those sandals) but I just don’t like the dress.

26. Eirwen May 15, 2013 at 17:24 #

Maybe she got envious of Diane Kruger yesterday and decided to prove she also has a belly button?

Horrid dress, very wrong styling, I hate this.

27. Marina May 15, 2013 at 17:43 #

I quite agree with the rest of the comments, I really don’t like the dress but I like the shoes and the pop of color.
    It’s my least favorite dress from this promo tour.

And given the weather we’re having in France right now, she definitely needs a cardigan.
    And an umbrella…

28. Carol May 15, 2013 at 17:44 #

Sorry, but for me this is only ugly dress!!! (what is happening with Rodarte btw???)
    it looks tacky and I think Zoe is trying too hard lately

29. Maria Luiza Maia May 15, 2013 at 17:51 #

Well, I think she looks terrible. There’s nothing that I like about this look. It looks very very trashy. Terrible. Just terrible.

30. Xiomalys Crespo May 15, 2013 at 18:25 #

This is hideous. Not even her flawless styling could make it work.

31. Miguel May 16, 2013 at 00:24 #

Sadly I don’t like this look. I do like however the shoes and the make-up. but that dress doesn’t belong to a premiere, maybe for a party. And this look is not perfection and I think i’bd be very disapointed if I see tihs look on the BDOTW poll this week.

32. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 02:37 #

WHAT is this? It’s a horrendous look!!! She’s like an aging belly dancer…I mean, come on! Tacky, dated, and unflattering.

33. Taylor May 16, 2013 at 06:45 #

She owns the look and the colour is gorgeous on her.