Nicole Kidman In Alexander McQueen – Cannes Film Festival Jury Photocall

Nicole Kidman In Alexander McQueen - Cannes Film Festival Jury Photocall

Nicole Kidman attended the Jury Photocall for the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival this afternoon in France.

Having been announced as the face (or should that be feet) of Jimmy Choo’s Fall 2013 ad campaign, I wasn’t surprised that her Choos were the stars of this look.

The Australian actress wore a black Alexander McQueen Fall 2013 dress with a sculpted neckline and box-pleated sleeves paired with Jimmy Choo ‘Award’ grape-coloured suede pumps with a croc toe-cap.

Opting for a gold Omega timepiece, Nicole’s uber-chic look was completed with a side-swept ponytail tied with a black ribbon.

I have never been a fan of side ponytails on grown women, but the dress and shoes more than compensate.

Credit: Alexander McQueen & Getty

37 thoughts on “Nicole Kidman In Alexander McQueen – Cannes Film Festival Jury Photocall

1. Yeliz

She looks very lovely and ladylike from head-to-toe. I think her hairstyle goes well with this look.

The neckline of the dress kinda reminds me of Balenciaga SS13.

2. Rashmi

Its better than the dinner, but still its a bit on a boring side :(
    Nevertheless she looks great!

3. Lee Ann

I love the dress but don’t think the shoes are right-they are far too Lady like Day wear-the colour also is wrong.
    She looks great-whatever work she had done it is the best she has looked in years. No slug lips for once.

4. dee

I wish would have chosen the white version of the dress so we could see the lovely design on the fabric. I wish she wore sandals instead of pumps because the pumps look too fall-like. The hairstyle is OK. Still looking forward to what she wears for the rest of the festival.

5. fromchi-town

I would have liked it so much if she wore the white version, but she still looks very elegant. I love her hair and make up, it makes the look very fresh.

6. Lilly

I think she looks amazing, from head to toes. This is the best she has looked in years, very fress and chic. Hope she amazes us this night with the Opening Gala.

7. Rebecca Z

Like Yeliz, ladylike is the word that came to mind when I saw this dress and the black sequined one from the night before–in a good way. She is elegant and sophisticated and has been on a good fashion run lately. Hope she keeps it up.

8. Paulo

Gorgeous!!! Nicole always looks regal on anything she wears and this is no exception. I’m clutching my pearls eagerly awaiting to see what she wears tonight!

9. Dirk

I’ve got to give her credit. The dress is serviceable but she’s making both of her endorsements (Omega and Jimmy Choo) the star. Get that money, Nicole.

Plus, in the jury photos, she’s towering over every one of them. Three cheers for not going with kitten heels!

I wish her hair were a deeper red though.

1. Tiger Nueng

I agree with you about deeper red in the picture look like she is back to blonde? I always love her red hair.

1. Dirk

When she’s not in the deep red or regular blonde, she ends up with this nebulous color in between. I guess a deep red would be a pain to maintain but it really suits her.

10. robbie

perfect. dare i say it is nice to see nicole in actual high heels and not silly little kitten heels.

11. Moxie

Chic and elegant, but nothing memorable. A little too dark for Cannes in May. The white version would have been perfection.

12. Melrose

booooooo. not diggin’ the black at all.

i wish she had worn the white lookbook outfit from head to toe.

13. Bella

Another good look from Nicole. Change of stylist perhaps?! Love the puffed sleeves and neckline. Random thought: If I had to guess, I’d have said it was a L’Wren Scott design..but it’s a McQueen!

14. AG

I know a lot of people give her a hard time for having “messed with her face” but I think her face is looking so lovely and natural lately. She is stunning.

15. EmmaWoodhouse

She looks so statuesque!! The neckline is too low for my taste, but I love the sleeves and the sculpted silhouette. The shoes are great too, and I would have loved a narrow belt in the same color(s). Her hair actually works for me, I like the style. However, I wish it was a richer red, as some others are mentioning.
    Nicole’s off to a good start.

16. the ogre

wow just wow! i have always been an ardent fan of her bcoz of the supreme elegance she exudes with every step. this look is perfect in my opinion. it’s her style and she endorses both her brands really well! go nicole!

17. Fashion Guru

She is treading some serious Cate Blanchett waters here. It’s the hair that gives it a whimsical touch — the Nicole touch. LOVE THIS.