Diane Kruger In Prabal Gurung – Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Diane Kruger In Prabal Gurung - Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Diane Kruger attended the Vogue and MAC Cosmetics dinner party hosted by Lisa Love and John Demsey in honour of Prabal Gurung at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, California on Monday evening.

The German actress wore a black crop top with a pair of bright-pink-and-turquoise painterly lily-printed tuxedo pants from Prabal Gurung’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection.

When it comes to the rules of fashion, Diane makes up her own.

This is why she’s opted to bare her belly button with this look when one of the major rules when wearing a crop top is to cover one’s belly button.

Is this a deal breaker for you?

Black peep-toes, a black-and-white checked clutch and a gold JeweMint ‘Dagger’ pendant necklace styled her look, with naturally wavy golden locks and a pink lip colour completing her relaxed dinner party look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Herve Leger Better...Michelle Williams or Michelle Rodriguez?

Who Wore Herve Leger Better…Michelle Williams or Michelle Rodriguez?

Lucy Liu In Vivienne Westwood & J. Mendel - American Ballet Theatre's Opening Night Spring Gala

Lucy Liu In Vivienne Westwood & J. Mendel – American Ballet Theatre’s Opening Night Spring Gala

35 Responses to Diane Kruger In Prabal Gurung – Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

1. The Very Simon G May 14, 2013 at 09:44 #

I WISH she would have worn the lookbook look… so much better than the crop top!

2. Alicat May 14, 2013 at 09:53 #

An exposed belly button should only ever be considered yet worn by teenage girls, and only then on very hot days within cooee of a beach. Look at me and disappointing. She does not need to do this.

3. TL May 14, 2013 at 09:56 #

Usually I hate crop tops, but this look actually works on her, it doesn’t look as awful as I thought. But still wish she had worn the whole lookbook look.

4. Charlotte May 14, 2013 at 09:58 #

It looks like she’s coming from her yoga class and forget to change her top !

• Jai May 14, 2013 at 12:25 #

• Christine May 14, 2013 at 14:19 #

LOL.

5. Yeliz May 14, 2013 at 10:03 #

Somehow this works for me. Usually, I hate to see belly buttons on the red carpet, but Diane pulls this off without looking awful. I love the print of the pants.

• Alina May 14, 2013 at 10:19 #

• the ogre May 14, 2013 at 10:23 #

she’s looks polished and sophisticated even with the belly button showing.

• Noemi May 14, 2013 at 11:17 #

My thought, exactly.

• DSI May 14, 2013 at 19:40 #

+1 she works it so well

6. Cass May 14, 2013 at 11:16 #

Love the look! She makes me want to wear something like that too.

7. Denise May 14, 2013 at 11:30 #

I like this look, too. Much better than Zoe’s. This is colourful, fresh and fun.

8. Iris May 14, 2013 at 11:49 #

one of her very rare mis-steps.

9. Samuel May 14, 2013 at 12:41 #

The crop top takes this look into teenager territory which I think could have passed if she hadn’t chosen the bright lip colour to top it off. The combination of the two feels far to young for the usually chic and sophisticated Diane!

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 14, 2013 at 12:52 #

I like the print on the pants, but that’s it. I don’t like the silhouette, and I definitely don’t like that tacky, dated crop top.

• dee May 14, 2013 at 13:37 #

11. gabis May 14, 2013 at 12:54 #

I really find this a terrible look. Top, pants, shoes, clutch…nothing looks good and nothing works. Even her hair and makeup are bad.

12. CreoleLady May 14, 2013 at 12:58 #

No. She looks like she ran up from the beach, salty hair and all, and grabbed the first clutch (don’t like the gray) and shoes she saw. Agree with Simon G, the lookbook version would have been so much better.

13. Leo May 14, 2013 at 13:19 #

This is first, Diane Kruger looking terrible on the red carpet. Nobody’s perfect.

14. Joy May 14, 2013 at 13:36 #

Stop the press…Breaking news…Diane Kruger looks bad. This must be a first. She is human. The shoes with the pants, the tight cropped shirt and that makeup is all terrible. I am SURE she will do better next time, we all are counting on it.

15. Emily May 14, 2013 at 13:36 #

Definitely not her best look, considering she’s deemed Queen of the red carpets who can do no wrong…but then being Diane Kruger, she can basically wear the most hideous outfit and still manage not to get into the worst-dressed list.

16. Tracy L May 14, 2013 at 13:43 #

Was she an extra in ‘The Carrie Diaries?” We wore crap like this when we were teenagers in the 80’s. Should stay firmly in the 80’s. No one looks good in satin floral tapered pants. Although she has a great body, she should leave the belly-buttons to the teenagers.
    Thank you.

17. TeaAtTwo May 14, 2013 at 14:59 #

I’m usually a big fan of Diane’s style but her love of crop tops is where we depart. The pants are really nice and I love the pink lip.

18. Moxie May 14, 2013 at 15:08 #

She looks great, but this was not an appropriate outfit for a red carpet or dinner party. This would have been appropriate for a pool party, beach party or something far more casual.

19. Jeremy May 14, 2013 at 15:47 #

Well, I am clearly in the minority, but I actually LOVE this look. She looks HOT. It’s nice to see her in something with a bit of humour, not just trying to be a serious “fashion look”. I think she’s having fun here and showing off her rockin’ bod. I like it! Visions of Gwen Stefani c. 2000

• admmgz May 15, 2013 at 00:20 #

20. Parvati May 14, 2013 at 17:01 #

I’m not crazy about the crop top (I don’t hate it though), but I love the pants! I think this is a really good look.

21. magb May 14, 2013 at 17:46 #

I think that Diane can do no wrong. However, this is not her typically sophisticated kind of look. It comes across as cheap. With that being said, I don’t hate it.

22. malinda jane May 14, 2013 at 18:16 #

I just can’t handle it. I can’t imagine going to a dinner party and mingling while your entire stomach is exposed.
    It just seems tacky, which is something I never thought I’d ever say about Diane Kruger.

23. Markness May 14, 2013 at 18:33 #

I love this! It’s too late to make bad remarks now, it’s been done. She mingled and still looked hot and infairness, classy wearing a crop top with those chic pants. Go Diane! :)

24. Marybeth May 14, 2013 at 20:14 #

The cut of the pants is very unattractive, making even Diane Kruger look dumpy.
    I don’t understand the grey clutch at all.
    The crop top might work for Diane in the daytime with a sleek skirt but it doesn’t work here.
    Big thumbs down from me.

25. Ingrid May 14, 2013 at 20:39 #

Its one of the first times I haven’t LOVED a look of hers, but I don’t exactly HATE it, just no where near her normal perfection (but who can live up to perfection!?).

26. Rebecca Z May 14, 2013 at 21:02 #

Who knew there were rules for wearing crop tops? Somehow she manages to pull this off….not sure how. It probably isn’t appropriate, but who cares?

27. ADarlingOfIndustry May 14, 2013 at 21:08 #

“One of the major rules when wearing a crop top is to cover one’s belly button.” Really??!?! Where did you find said rule? I’ve NEVER heard that before!

It’s been CRAZY hot here in Cali the past few days…give her a break!