Tess Daley In Alberta Ferretti – British Academy Television Awards 2013

Tess Daley In Alberta Ferretti - British Academy Television Awards 2013

Tess Daley opted for quite a dramatic look on the red carpet for the British Academy Television Awards 2013 held at the Royal Festival Hall in London on Sunday.

So much so that I didn’t recognise the ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ host in her Alberta Ferretti Fall 2013 black gown, with art deco beading on a sheer bodice and a black sweeping skirt with chiffon layers.

I love the glam Hollywood styling; however, the lining brings down the look for me.

I’m not saying that the gown shouldn’t have been lined; I just wish it was closer to her skin colour so as not to provide such a stark contrast. As presented, Tess’s gown has lost most of the runway allure.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

11 thoughts on “Tess Daley In Alberta Ferretti – British Academy Television Awards 2013

1. Alicat

This is another beautiful gown. I like that she has chosen something unique. She looks lovely, but I do agree that the almost grey tone of the lining is distracting. It definitely needed to match her skin tone. Perhaps the black and white belt as worn on the runway would have given her waist more definition as well.

2. kane

I do agree about the lining, although I don’t find it as disappointing here as I have found it in other dresses.

3. Marybeth

I love the dress but agree 100% about the lining. I don’t like the way it divides the bodice into two color sections.
    It’s a shame because she her styling is very nice and she otherwise looks lovely.

1. Nat39

The lining is def. a let down but the gown itself isn’t working that well, a bit too fussy and overworked imo, she looks overwhelmed by all the detailing.

4. EmmaWoodhouse

For some reason the different color of the lining doesn’t bother me. It’s a very unusual look and I’m really enjoying it. Thumbs up from me.

5. Rebecca Z

I don’t actually like this dress–the top and bottom seem like a mis-match. I think she looks gorgeous from the waist up, but I don’t like the skirt.

6. Betelgeuze

I actually like the gown better that way. A true skintone would feel too nude-ish for my taste, plus it gives her a very nice silhouette.

7. the ogre

i dunno but she wears it well. the lining doesnt distract too much from the beauty of the gown. her styling is great for it. i generally have felt in the past that alberta ferretti creations r not done justice to quite often on the red carpet as they deserve but this look has been translated quite well from the runway. i’m going to remember this.