BDOTW 13 May

Nina Dobrev’s Monique Lhuillier Met Gala look was your best dressed this week.

Even though you guys didn’t rate her, Amber Heard in Emilio Pucci was my best dressed this week by a very long mile.

Between the colour, the embellishments, impeccable styling and that sexy open back, I was hooked.

When it came to the guys, it was a two-horse race between Eddie Redmayne and Chris Pine. Eventually, Chris won for his very dapper Ralph Lauren pinstripe three-piece suit.

Credit: Getty

Rachel Bilson's M Missoni Triangle Bikini

Rachel Bilson’s M Missoni Triangle Bikini

Sienna Miller In Matthew Williamson - British Academy Television Awards 2013

Sienna Miller In Matthew Williamson – British Academy Television Awards 2013

8 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Nina Dobrev In Monique Lhuillier, Chris Pine In Ralph Lauren & Amber Heard In Emilio Pucci

1. Sarah C May 13, 2013 at 10:57 #

Either Amber wasn’t an option in the voting or I didn’t look properly…

• Catherine Kallon May 13, 2013 at 15:51 #

She wasn’t an option in the readers poll because she didn’t rank highly in the Met Gala readers poll.

However, as the editor, I am free to select my favourite.

2. EmmaWoodhouse May 13, 2013 at 16:26 #

Did not like Nina’s look, whereas Amber’s look would have worked for me sans front sheer insert. Eddie was my Best Dressed man but Chris looks dapper.

3. Amy May 13, 2013 at 18:08 #

I didn’t realize people liked Nina’s outfit that much.

4. TeaAtTwo May 13, 2013 at 19:22 #

Unrelated note – Catherine, I love your Jean-michel Cazabat pumps you posted on instagram.

5. Stephanie May 13, 2013 at 19:26 #

I thought Amber was the best woman of the Met Gala too! And Chris Pine has had one heck of a promo tour for Star Trek!!

6. tom May 13, 2013 at 20:34 #

don’t agree with either… demi moore designed a dress like nina’s on the 80’s to wear to the oscars ( shorts under skirt rather than long pant) and was ridiculed for it…and amber dress should be worn by a woman twice her age.

7. Nat39 May 13, 2013 at 20:43 #

Nina’s look worked perfectly in the context of the event, she was easily one of the best dressed at the MET gala for me, but outside that it didn’t cut it for me. Amber is the other way around – stunning look, loved it, but didn’t think she deserved to be recognized (showing up looking all gorgeous without a slightest effort to be on a theme, lame) but out of the context of the event and on a BDOTW scale, it is certainly a stunning worthy look.
    Chris is striking, my favourite look from him so far.