Naomie Harris In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Met Gala

Naomie Harris In Donna Karan Atelier - 2013 Met Gala
Bond girl Naomie Harris was an ultra-violet vision at the 2013 Met Gala at New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Forget ’50 Shades of Grey,’ the ‘Skyfall’ actress explored the many sides of purple with this brilliantly colour-saturated Donna Karan Atelier gown with an Edie Parker clutch.

The top half of the dress was standard glamour with its draped lines. But the rows and rows of feathered frou that floated down from the waist to the long train added a slightly less conventional flair.

Still, with Naomie’s radiant but safe hair and makeup, it was one of the less punk-like moments on the red carpet.

Not that I’m complaining.

Credit: Getty

23 thoughts on “Naomie Harris In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Met Gala

1. Yeliz

I feel like we saw similar feathered gowns before. I love the colour against her skin tone though.

2. Kate

WOW. Beautiful woman, beautiful gown.
    Honestly the color may not be classic punk but it’s the unexpected element the look needs to make her seem right at home in this event.

3. Jon

No denying she looks great but it reminds me a lot of Zoe Saldana’s 2010 Givenchy Oscars dress, all the purple and ombre…

4. Aline

AMAZING! When I first saw pictures of her a “WOW” left my lips.
    It may not be punk, but it sure is sensational. One of my favs for sure.

5. Gabby M

I am not a fan of this loud purple, its like burn your eyes out purple, but I enjoy the attempt, so this is a pass

6. the ogre

stick to the theme in a theme party they say. so where is all the punk? she could have really rocked a punk look to perfection with her calibre…sigh! apart from that, she does look gorgeous.

7. noo

I think for the most part Donna Karan didn’t get the punk memo! It’s her girls who look least on-theme at the event, and they had to rely on hair and makeup to compensate for that. so they just end up looking confused!

8. Jess2

This reminds me of Beyonce’s gown from last year’s Met Gala, though I do prefer this gown. Not very on theme though, feels a little out of place for this years gala, much the same as Katie Holmes.

9. EmmaWoodhouse

This is one of my very best dressed of the night! It is BDOTY worthy imo–I love the purple and the moody feathered train–I think it has a bit of a punk-at-the-Oscars edge to it, myself. Top five look along with Hailee, Bee, and Ginnifer (as of right now)

10. Moxie

Love the color on her. She looks fantastic. But, this looks too much like other dresses we’ve seen… especial Zoe Saldana’s Oscar gown a couple of years ago.

11. Angela

I don’t care about being on theme at this point, I absolutely love this look. The in-yer-face color is dramatic and vibrant and it grabs your attention without trying too hard. I do appreciate her cat eyes, but she’s done punk before so I’m slightly confused as to why she toned it down here.

12. TeaAtTwo

I much prefer this ruffled skirt dress over Blake’s outfit and the colour is divine.