07.05.13

Lena Dunham In Erdem – 2013 Met Gala

lenadunham

‘Girls’ star Lena Dunham attended the 2013 Met Gala in New York City with designer Erdem Moralioglu by her side.

For the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s fashion party of the year, she covered up in a custom Erdem gown that was flattering but verging on more forgettable territory—especially on the radically themed red carpet of this year’s event.

With the high bib neckline and the frills, what immediately came to mind was ‘prairie-girl-punk.’

On this occasion, Lena’s tattoos work quite well with the rebel theme, while a smokey eye and nude lippie, along with a slicked-back bob finished the look.

She’s sometimes been a red-carpet enigma, puzzling us with her sartorial statements. How do you think she fares at the Met?

Credit: Getty

Julianne Moore In Balenciaga - 2013 Met Gala

Julianne Moore In Balenciaga – 2013 Met Gala

Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace - 2013 Met Gala

Elizabeth Banks In Atelier Versace – 2013 Met Gala

26 Responses to Lena Dunham In Erdem – 2013 Met Gala

1. Natalie May 7, 2013 at 06:18 #

terrible. Erdem should have been paired up with someone else. looks like a kid playing dress up.

2. lu May 7, 2013 at 06:20 #

i dont know why is she even there! what a waste

• Christine May 7, 2013 at 06:56 #

I am wondering the same.

• J (DressMe4Less) May 7, 2013 at 12:33 #

Agree. I don’t get why she’d go to a fashion event.

3. Dirk May 7, 2013 at 06:20 #

Face: gorgeous
    posture: terrible
    dress: passable

This is sort of an improvement.

• Charlotte May 7, 2013 at 08:29 #

I agree.
      Her make up and her hair are very great here.

4. Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 06:22 #

Well, at least it’s not as bad as I expected it to be. Still a bit unflattering and I continue disliking her tattoos, but better than most of her looks. I agree with Natalie though, Erdem should’ve been paired up with someone else.

5. effieee May 7, 2013 at 06:22 #

This gown gave me Valentino vibes. And quite flattering on Lena.
    Nice, but ultimately forgettable, look.

6. Rashmi May 7, 2013 at 06:23 #

Umm..her dressing sense is so confusing! She gives punk when not needed..and here it’s so boring! She looks uncomfortable too..

7. jas May 7, 2013 at 06:24 #

this is pretty good for lena. best I’ve seen her look for a while

• admmgz May 8, 2013 at 18:35 #

8. noo May 7, 2013 at 08:28 #

I finally like a look from her! I don’t care that this is a peasant look for a punk ball, she looks very presentable and that’s all i care for at this point :D

9. Scarlett May 7, 2013 at 09:08 #

I’m just never going to ‘get’ whatever it is people see in her. This is awful, not as bad as Kristen Stewart, but still awful, the idea of her with Erdem was a bad one from the beginning, it was never going to work. And her posture is awful, what is it with people who can’t stand up straight!?

10. Valeria May 7, 2013 at 09:25 #

She has a beautiful face!!! Although her posture is killing everything, and dress is just passable. She seems to have a lot of personality (I have never seen Girls and doubt I will after I saw her ‘Tiny furniture’), but it poorly matches her fashion choices

11. Jess2 May 7, 2013 at 10:28 #

Love her hair and makeup and the dress is one of her better choices. Lena, you are beautiful and talented, please please please stand up straight!

12. Alicat May 7, 2013 at 10:39 #

This is certainly not as bad as some of her recent choices. It flatters her figure more, but needs lifting with some event appropriate accessories. That said, even losing the slouch would help. Those tattoos do her no favours either.

13. Lee Ann May 7, 2013 at 12:22 #

not as bad as I thought it would be but still horrific

14. dee May 7, 2013 at 14:02 #

This dress is forgettable.

15. Suz May 7, 2013 at 15:05 #

I think as whole, this “punk” themed gala was a pretty big mess, with most celebrities looking far more goth/Bride of Frankenstein than anything else, but I do have to admit that I think this is the best that Lena Dunham has looked in a while.

16. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2013 at 15:20 #

Well, it’s an improvement. The style of the dress is flattering on her. However, her posture is terrible, the hair and makeup are just Ok and the dress isn’t very memorable.

17. Moxie May 7, 2013 at 15:22 #

Worst dressed of the night for me. Nothing good about this look. And the fact that this is the best she’s looked in ages is just sad.

18. Chloe May 7, 2013 at 16:12 #

She looks great! Better than ever

19. glenn May 7, 2013 at 16:48 #

Need to lose weight and stand up straight

20. ok May 7, 2013 at 17:03 #

I don’t know why this woman can’t find a dress that is flattering, especially with all her money! The yoke of the dress is too tight, as are the arm holes…which isn’t doing anything good for her arms.

It’d definitely not her worst look, but she needs to stop squeezing herself into dresses that aren’t right for her body, and make sure dresses are fitted properly and/or made for a figure that isn’t a stick.

Lena Dunham is not fat, but she also isn’t a Karolina Kurkova- thin, lanky, model-type that designers make dresses for. At some point, a person realizes what styles and brands look flattering on them, and what kinds don’t. The worst thing is, if you have money, you can hire a STYLIST who can tell you this, if you yourself don’t have a clue.

On a plus side, her hair and makeup look nice.

21. sammy May 7, 2013 at 22:01 #