January Jones In Chanel – 2013 Met Gala

januaryjones

January Jones completely threw me for a loop, as she took to the 2013 Met Gala red carpet on Monday in New York City.

The ‘Mad Men’ actress was worlds away from her classic Betty Draper character (and from her sublime Met moment last year). But she did put on quite the show with this punk-star alter-ego.

She chopped off the longer knee-length of this Chanel Spring 2009 Couture square-shoulder dress, encrusted with shiny paillettes, which lent an edgier appeal.

The frock paired with metallic shoes was fine, daresay forgettable, but what was more intriguing was January’s hair and makeup.

Talk about a makeover. She outlined her eyes in a heavy, geometric application of liner and covered up her brows. It all made for quite the sci-fi effect—call it alien punk.

A mini-bouffant and braided-back locks topped off the look.

Credit: Style.com and Getty

33 thoughts on “January Jones In Chanel – 2013 Met Gala

1. Yeliz

She looked SO much better last year. I knew not to except much, when I read that she’s wearing Chanel. This is a boring look.

1. Dhppy

Exactly!!! I thought she had the makeup, and shoes of the night! (She shared best hair with Emmy Rossum).

2. Lyo

FUGLY make-up. Just bring the soap and water…
    The dress is pretty, but the look just fall flat… don’t work at all, it’s much better on the runaway.

1. Niki

Terrifying. My initial reaction was ‘Yikes!’. I do like the shoes, but I can’t get past the make-up.

3. Poppy

I would definitely call this alien-punk too! Despite the interesting make-up, the dress is very nice

1. noo

I agree with you! I love that somebody took this all the way. I love that somebody went with a more editorial look and did something over the top.

4. Brazilian fan

she rocked for me,she take the spirit of the event and was great,she’s beautiful …

5. Aline

She’s totally channeling her inner David Bowie with her makeup and hair. And I commend her for that. Too bad though that she chose a dress we’ve seen variations of a thousand times before.

6. Gabby M

I want to like this so bad, but then its like to like it i have to pull the page down so i dont see her face. its the eye makeup… yea yea we get it, you wanna be punk, but its just a plain bad.

7. Charlotte

I love it !
    The shoes are amazing and I love this “simple” dress with this hair and make up, this is punk and glam !

8. Jai

It fits the vibe. I kind of love it. She really can go either pretty or edgy – a bit of a style chameleon.

9. Fiona

I can’t believe I’m saying this as I normally don’t warm to January Jones at all, but I love that she took a risk with this look – A+. She reminds me of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with that makeup, definitely a good reference point for punk/goth glamour.

10. Jess2

Very interesting! It’s good to see some people really kick it up a notch. It certainly doesn’t beat last year though, the Versace was one of my fav looks from her.

11. Amy

Her dress is nothing new but the whole thing works. That’s dedication, she works the theme till the end. I like it. She looks relaxed and edgy

12. fromchi-town

Wow – My jaw dropped open when I saw this… this is how you get into the spirit of the theme. Totally sold!!

13. EmmaWoodhouse

I wish she’d kept the length, but other than that this is really cool! The styling MAKES the look–that makeup is insane, the shoes are awesome–punk done right, I think.