Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture – 2013 Met Gala

Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture - 2013 Met Gala

Diane Kruger and her handsome man, Joshua Jackson, attended the 2013 Met Gala at New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art.

While he hit a prepster note, our fashion-girl found her inner punk-party gal with a Chanel Spring 2013 Couture dress.

The luxed-up, black lacy frock featured a sheer, gauzy overlay, which gave it a vampy vibe.

On Monday night, we also saw ‘Vogue’ editrix and gala co-chair Anna Wintour, along with Bella Heathcote, in looks from this Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2013 couture collection. But Diane’s exit was the most dark and gothic of the three.

She accessorized with Jacob & Co. chunky chain bangles and a clutch that was truly spiked and dangerous.

Her dip-dyed blonde strands sported a bubble-gum pink shade, which added some unorthodox—and fun—edge to her low, knotted-up ponytail.

All in all, the look was simultaneously glamorous and subversive… we should have expected as much from Diane.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

29 Comments
Isla Fisher's Lover Broderie Skating Dress

Isla Fisher’s Lover Broderie Skating Dress

Kim Kardashian Givenchy - 2013 Met Gala

Kim Kardashian Givenchy – 2013 Met Gala

29 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel Couture – 2013 Met Gala

1. DM May 7, 2013 at 15:19 #

I like the sheer skirt here, despite not being a fan of the trend. Diane does make it work with her styling too. I am not seeing the pink in the hair, but I agree it would give a fun element…overall, she pulls it off.

2. Christine May 7, 2013 at 15:27 #

Another let down.

3. Pedro May 7, 2013 at 15:28 #

I hate the overlay but she looks beautiful

4. Alina May 7, 2013 at 15:30 #

I love this!

5. jo May 7, 2013 at 15:31 #

It’s nice but in comparison to her last year look it’s disappointing.

• Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 16:33 #

Agreed.

6. Moxie May 7, 2013 at 15:32 #

More gothic than punk, but she does look lovely. A bit of a let down.

Her husband looks great. So happy to see he isn’t wearing sneakers for once. The trim really makes the suit stand out.

7. Ramsay May 7, 2013 at 15:38 #

I wanted this dress for Nicole Kidman at Cannes – though it’s been 6 or 7 years that she hasn’t worn Chanel –
    This is in line what you would expect from Kidman (ie no train)
    It’s also in line with Kruger’s strong relation with Chanel – she does get preferrential treatment – and over the last few years all the best Chanel looks on the red carpet have been worn by Diane – and it’s because she wears them well but also because she has access to the best pieces
    This dress is very chic, not really punk but quite lovely
    In my top 5 from last night

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2013 at 15:51 #

Oh. MY. GOSH! This is one of the winning looks of the night imo–she has ROCKED the punk theme in the way only she could!!! My top faves of the night are shaping up…they include this look, SJP, Hailee Steinfeld, Naomie Harris, Ginnifer Goodwin, Amanda Seyfried, Claire Danes, Sienna Miller, Bee Shaffer, Bella Heathcote, Jennifer Lawrence, and Cameron Diaz. I thought that it was a disappointing event, and I think it was in that so many chose not to follow the theme, but there were some really great looks!!!

9. kat May 7, 2013 at 15:55 #

Another beautiful look and thematic fail. A spiked clutch is just not enough.

• Prudence May 7, 2013 at 17:50 #

AMEN!!!!!! great look…just not on theme so I simply cannot love it.

10. Marybeth May 7, 2013 at 15:56 #

When you think of punk, Chanel is not exactly the first thing that pops in mind! Could anyone other than Diane Kruger pull it off?!?

She is the epitome of elegance here. Every punk reference, from the choker to the chain bracelets, from the pink hair tips to the fearsome clutch, is chosen with an eye toward complementing the artistry of the dress. Very well done!

Definitely one of my top 5 of the night.

• cascia May 7, 2013 at 16:20 #

+10

11. Joy May 7, 2013 at 16:00 #

Love this! She has such great style. She’s ALWAYS one of the best dressed. Absolutely stunning! One of my favorites for sure.

12. fromchi-town May 7, 2013 at 16:05 #

Wow… so elegant and regal, even with all the punk elements. Winning look!

13. dee May 7, 2013 at 16:22 #

Even though this isn’t punk. I like the dress and shoes. However, not a fan of the hair and makeup.

14. Ali Elgashi May 7, 2013 at 16:32 #

the best the best the best

15. Charlotte May 7, 2013 at 16:34 #

Definitely in my top 5 along with Kate bosworth, blake lively, hailed stein field and SJP! Lve thisZ,

16. Kate May 7, 2013 at 17:24 #

You could have all the other more ostentatious gowns walking around her and my eyes would still go straight to Diane. She is a stunning beauty and always exudes natural elegance.
    I really love this. And Josh looks phenomenal too!

17. RCLuvr May 7, 2013 at 17:57 #

Master class. I hate overlays but she is making it werk.

18. gabis May 7, 2013 at 18:14 #

She looks breathtaking. I’m totally in love with her look head-to-toe. My best dressed along with Anne Hathaway.

19. Noemi May 7, 2013 at 18:28 #

Perfection, she respected the theme and looked absolutely chic.

20. Pam May 7, 2013 at 18:53 #

Can you really be punk in Chanel? The closer you get to couture the further from punk you get. No wonder so many of the women resorted to bad eye makeup this year.

21. Liz May 7, 2013 at 19:02 #

I really like the pink hair and all the accessories. They were nice touches.

22. Angela May 8, 2013 at 04:06 #

I loved this look because the intricate lace and tullé looks gothic and mysterious while the bubblegum hair and spiked clutch adds color and edge to a look tht could’ve otherwise been slightly dul

23. the ogre May 8, 2013 at 08:37 #

Her look is like an ode to the theme. It’s very well executed and only she can do this. She outdoes herself at every step. She tops my list of 3 best dressed replacing Anne Hathaway and putting SJP in 3rd position. Great stuff from her! And i love Joshua Jackson here!

24. Jess2 May 8, 2013 at 13:39 #

I know this isn’t really punk but it is so divine!! Love this so much!

25. TeaAtTwo May 9, 2013 at 01:33 #

It’s got a subtle high fashion goth element incorporated to girl style and a lot more punk than Bella and Anna W though all three did look good if not getting into the spirit of the night.

26. SI May 10, 2013 at 18:09 #

forgot about her in my listng but yeah she def killed it