07.05.13

Blake Lively In Gucci Première – 2013 Met Gala

Blake Lively In Gucci Première -  2013 Met Gala

Blake Lively shunned punk for high glamour on Monday night for the 2013 Met Gala in New York City.

Taking to the red carpet solo, the actress and face of Gucci Première did the brand proud giving us our blonde bombshell moment.

While some of you will be disappointed that this gown wasn’t saved for Cannes perhaps, I’m glad that we have yet another diva moment…the first coming from Beyonce of course.

Her pale-green strapless Gucci confection featured a dramatic skirt with layers of black organza adorned with silver and matte black feather motif embroidered details. Blake styled the gown with her favourite jeweller Lorraine Schwartz, who supplied the opulent chain tassel champagne diamond earrings.

A bunched ponytail completed her look.

Any Blake Lively look is a marmite look, so do you love it or loathe it?

Credit: Getty

Emma Watson In Prabal Gurung - 2013 Met Gala

Emma Watson In Prabal Gurung – 2013 Met Gala

Katy Perry In Dolce & Gabbana - 2013 Met Gala

Katy Perry In Dolce & Gabbana – 2013 Met Gala

65 Comments

65 Responses to Blake Lively In Gucci Première – 2013 Met Gala

1. Derro May 7, 2013 at 07:40 #

Horrific. Dreadful. Literally the worst dressed of the evening.

• nokia May 7, 2013 at 08:03 #

i know people is entitle to their opinion, but this is kinda harsh for a dress this beautiful

• Derro May 7, 2013 at 09:27 #

I find nothing beautiful about this tacky mess. Like you said, I’m entitled to my opinion, so there’s need to call mine “harsh”.

• Rosanna May 7, 2013 at 08:16 #

Troll?

• Derro May 7, 2013 at 09:25 #

Um, no. Not a troll just because I find this dress to be dreadful. For what it’s worth I am not the only one, there are plenty of people on other sites who find this dress to be as hideous I do. But god forbid I express an opinion…

• Sammy C May 7, 2013 at 09:42 #

You go Derro! If thats your opinion thats great. Many times I find myself not getting at all what people think fashion and style wise and it seems like a crime to say you don’t agree.

I don’t find it as dreadful as you do, but it says nothing to me. Its a nice gown, but there are way better dressed people here and there would have been way better dressed people at Cannes too if she had worn it there. I like her hair. I dislike very much that she felt the need to wear chipped nail varnish to be punk. So many people in fancy dress here and so many people that didn’t dare go the fancy dress route and went for the pretty with ‘crazy’ hair and make up to be punk. I wish they wouldnt read so literally into the theme, specially when they’re not SJP and they will simply not pull it off. Punk is so much more.

• Derro May 7, 2013 at 10:05 #

Thanks Sammy! I often find myself disagreeing with the readers of this site too, which I don’t mind, variety is the spice of life… but to be accused of being a troll just because I hate this dress is not very cool, you know? I know for a fact that I’m not alone in my opinion, just go check out the forums at TFS, but even if I WAS alone in finding this look cheap & tacky, it’s still MY opinion that I’m allowed to have!

• Wizzer May 7, 2013 at 11:40 #

TFS? LOL Enough said.
              I used to go on that oh so high mineded site. Admin to ban Blake’s name been mentioned in their ‘Runor Has It’ forum in that blog because the bias/haterade against her was so strong.
              Interesting how with Kim K, Michelle Williams looks. A TFS’er is first here to describe Blake as the worst of the evening. So predictable LMAO

• Wizzer May 7, 2013 at 11:48 #

*high minded* *’Rumor Has It’*

• Derro May 7, 2013 at 12:58 #

What are you on about? I’m not even a member of TFS so I can’t be a “TFSer”, I just pointed out a FACT that I am not the only person who hated her dress, so for someone to accuse me of being a troll – as though my dislike was so unfathomable – was stupid. She is my worst-dressed. Deal with it.

Why are people here attacking me for having an opinion that’s not the same as theirs… I’m not asking you to change your opinion on the dress, I just gave my OWN opinion on it, so what gives you the right to be so dismissive and rude towards me? Get a grip. So ridiculous.

• Catherine Kallon May 7, 2013 at 15:19 #

Please can I ask that we allow all readers to express their opinions freely.

• Moxie May 7, 2013 at 15:08 #

For what it’s worth, I’m not a fan of this either. I really do not like this dress. But, I wouldn’t call it worst of the night, though, since several others wore the most boring gowns they could find. At least this brings some drama and is memorable.

• Private Designer May 29, 2013 at 16:14 #

Actually she is one of the most fashionable peopl of our age and the dress is new age chic so before you go criticizing it look at yourself. You’re dressed horrible. She is beautiful and amazingly fashion forward. Everybody who is saying that it is hideous doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Many fashion designers envy this dress. And if it was ugly do you think she wouldve bought it or even worn it if given to her to endorse the brand? No. The answer is no.

2. lucas May 7, 2013 at 07:53 #

amazing. love it

3. Christine May 7, 2013 at 07:55 #

She look beautiful but this is not the dress for this event.

4. Adralina May 7, 2013 at 07:55 #

Love it from h2t !!!

5. jas May 7, 2013 at 07:59 #

looks like the lower half of her dress is slowly eating her. maybe if the top half were in a different colour it would be less odd

• Moxie May 7, 2013 at 15:06 #

I had the same thought!

• towanda May 7, 2013 at 21:26 #

LOL

6. Gabby M May 7, 2013 at 08:11 #

This whole look is too immature for me

7. Charlotte May 7, 2013 at 08:21 #

I love it ! She’s beautiful.

8. M May 7, 2013 at 08:37 #

Shes rocking it to me… Love it! Dun relly care what others say, when it comes to fashion theres no right or wrong, its jus peoples perceptions.. Anyway she looks amazing…

9. Jess2 May 7, 2013 at 08:40 #

Adore! I think she really pulled it off! Love everything about this look!

10. mandy May 7, 2013 at 08:43 #

What’s there to hate? This is just so amazeballs !!!! I hate that i love you Blake !

11. L May 7, 2013 at 08:51 #

The gown is fine but maybe a little to bottom-heavy especially with the contrast of the dark feathers weighing down on the light sea-blueness of the bodice. But this high fashion thing has never really fit with the cool beach blonde all-American vibe she exudes. I think simpler is better with Blake. Oh and the hair is atrocious from the back, why?! Just why?! Also, the earrings look tacky.

12. Vida May 7, 2013 at 09:14 #

Something slightly obnoxious about her, the dress is gorgeous but should have been saved for a different event. It’s very safe for the Met, she could have gone all out.

13. Yeliz May 7, 2013 at 09:48 #

Amazing look, wrong event.

• Prudence May 7, 2013 at 17:53 #

exactly, save it for cannes.

14. the ogre May 7, 2013 at 09:51 #

i dont care about this look at all! first of all its not at all theme-y which for me is important! its the Met Gala for god’s sake! the dress might be considered great but i dont care and i expected more from her at least!

• Rashmi May 7, 2013 at 11:09 #

You said it!!!
      I just don’t care about the dress, even if its CANNES worthy, Becoz it just doesn’t belong to the theme!

• towanda May 7, 2013 at 14:06 #

15. Mandy May 7, 2013 at 10:48 #

Hmm im conflicted. I feel like i should be ‘wowed’ but im bored. The dress is okay, but im not really feeling the light blue bodice.

16. Joy May 7, 2013 at 11:19 #

It is the divas that make the Met Gala so fun. I hated Beyonce’s get up, but I’m loving Blake’s look. I’m not sure if it is my favorite of the night but it is exciting for sure.

17. Anya May 7, 2013 at 11:30 #

I think this is super elegant.. She brought something unique to the table and no hate for this one.. she looks great!

18. Wizzer May 7, 2013 at 11:37 #

It’s more goth than punk. Esp the bottom part.
    Blake’s also lost a lot of weight.
    But I think she looks GREAT.

19. Angie May 7, 2013 at 11:40 #

I don’t love it but I definitely DON’T like it either. The theme was punk!! This isn’t punk it’s just a dark color and diva looks like this one do NOT belong at a punk themed event be it the MET ball or any other event.

And Lorraine Schwartz need to take a crash course in how to make jewelry that actually looks good!

20. Amy May 7, 2013 at 11:45 #

not my favorite from Blake. On the other she’s glowing

• Mm May 7, 2013 at 12:25 #

Yes she is glowing

21. Jones19 May 7, 2013 at 12:53 #

Love the dress and Blake is working it.

22. Marko_M May 7, 2013 at 12:53 #

I think this is pretty damn stunning. WOW!!

• dee May 7, 2013 at 13:17 #

Me too. I love this look.

• Whoever May 7, 2013 at 16:17 #

23. Elise May 7, 2013 at 13:18 #

The gown is stunning. It’s not punk-theme related, but I prefer Blake’s outfit to any other failed attempts to follow the punk style seen last night

24. elle May 7, 2013 at 13:48 #

Her dress was overpowering, she lost in that dress.

25. Pedro May 7, 2013 at 14:03 #

Blake looks amazing!

26. fromchi-town May 7, 2013 at 14:05 #

I love it… I think she looks bangin’!!

27. Alina May 7, 2013 at 14:22 #

Surprisingly, I like it. I don’t love it, but I like it.

28. Jessica May 7, 2013 at 14:44 #

Love love love this!! I don’t understand how people can say she isn’t following the theme… Who says her dress isn’t punk? I would consider it a little punk! If the actual host doesn’t follow the theme why is it such a big deal if the attendees don’t go all out for the theme?

29. Bella May 7, 2013 at 15:09 #

Love Blake’s slightly gothic theme.. She pulls it off.

30. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2013 at 15:41 #

I like this look, but I wish she’d hiked up the bodice AND I wish there were some black feathers on the bodice as well. The skirt is really lovely. It’s a dramatic look, appropriate for the gala and punk enough for me!

31. Jokzan Cordova May 7, 2013 at 16:06 #

She was my favorite, my best dressed I really love the dress, it looks kind of super glamourous punk girl, super fan of this dress and super fan of her!

32. Chloe May 7, 2013 at 16:08 #

I dislike this very much, I expected more. Also, this reminds me of Cameron Diaz’s 2012 Oscar dress

33. Marybeth May 7, 2013 at 16:13 #

I don’t much like the dress — the transition between the light bodice and the black is very awkward. It probably wasn’t the best choice for this event anyway.

That being said, if she’s trying to bring a little diva drama, good for her! (Why not?) She’s working the dress and looks nice enough.

34. kathryn May 7, 2013 at 16:17 #

LOVE it!! I think she looks stunning one of my favorite of the night after SJP and Jennifer Lawrence.

35. Joan May 7, 2013 at 16:36 #

I love this a lot!!

36. Nat39 May 7, 2013 at 17:19 #

This is def. a miss, she won´t be on my best dressed list.

37. justme May 7, 2013 at 17:49 #

The fit is perfect but that dress is too ugly for Cannes.
    Not my fave look from Blake.

38. Slash May 7, 2013 at 19:13 #

I LOVE it! She’s the only one that made my chin hit the floor. The word “wow” literally came out of my mouth by itself the second I saw this post. Stunning! Best dressed by mile.

39. sara May 7, 2013 at 19:18 #

Although she wont be on my best dressed list, I still think she looks beautiful. She is a stunning woman with an amazing figure and this dress looks great on her.

40. cris May 7, 2013 at 19:42 #

not being nasty here, but her stardom seems to fade away pretty quickly recently, and this dress has done nothing to her, except exaggerate her “assets”, she really should consider pull those silicons out, they just don’t look that good on her..

41. sammy May 7, 2013 at 21:36 #

oh God no!! the bottom looks like a tumour and its so sad coz im so obsessed with Blake Lively

42. Parvati May 8, 2013 at 01:41 #

The dress is not bad, but she was off theme.

43. Angela May 8, 2013 at 04:20 #

I first saw this gown from the back and it really sparked my attention. I love the color scheme, her hair is beautiful, and the detailed skirt is exquisite. Perfection ispn my eyes, however se looks a bit mermaid-esque fir a punk theme but I’ll let it slide.

44. manja May 8, 2013 at 10:07 #

She looks great even if I do not like the dress that much,but it’s dramatic and memorable

45. TeaAtTwo May 8, 2013 at 15:31 #

The bodice should have been hiked up a bit but she looks quite nice but not really memorable. Disappointed but not surprised she was amongst those who wimped out of the theme.