Carey Mulligan In Lanvin – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Pre-Met Ball Special Screening

Carey Mulligan In Lanvin - 'The Great Gatsby' Pre-Met Ball Special Screening

Carey Mulligan took to the red carpet at The Museum of Modern Art in New York City on Sunday evening for the Pre-Met Ball screening of ‘The Great Gatsby’.

Her Lanvin Spring 2013 tuxedo consisted of tapered pants and a cropped tuxedo jacket with satin detailing, contrasting white lapels and puffed shoulders.

I love the modern twist within this classic look.

Carey styled her look with her favourite black satin Brian Atwood ‘Aida’ platform sandals – which she has worn three times in a row now – a simple updo and minimal makeup, which continues to be her red carpet M.O.

lan0212036gry_01_large

You can buy Carey’s Lanvin tuxedo jacket from LL-CC.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' New York Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Karolina Kurkova In Givenchy - Moda Operandi’s ‘A Midnight Supper’ Event

Karolina Kurkova In Givenchy – Moda Operandi’s ‘A Midnight Supper’ Event

18 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Lanvin – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Pre-Met Ball Special Screening

1. R May 6, 2013 at 13:31 #

I’m not sure I like this new style direction for her. It’s not that the looks are bad, it’s just that I preferred the slight whimsical nature of her looks before.

It’s still early days though. We’ll see.

• Alina May 6, 2013 at 15:21 #

2. Noemi May 6, 2013 at 13:32 #

I like the jacket, but the pants are unflattering. I’ve never been a fan of her style and the fact that she acted in such a glamorous movie doesn’t mean she improved it.

3. EmmaWoodhouse May 6, 2013 at 13:33 #

I don’t like the bold shoulder puffs, but other than the too-low neckline I think she is working this vibe well…I must say, though, I do miss her quirkiness.

4. Yeliz May 6, 2013 at 13:36 #

She makes this look work, I really like this on her, even though I’m tired of the same makeup.

5. Alicat May 6, 2013 at 13:52 #

She looks passable but the little girl lost pose and the bland makeup don’t compliment the edgy style. Maybe her new style direction is at odds with her personality. You need to be more then a clothes hanger to pull such a look off.

• Carolina May 6, 2013 at 18:48 #

I could not agree more. Take Swinton – she has a certain fierceness completely lacking here. The result is a sort of emptiness. Not a fan at all of this washed-out look which actually detracts from her attractiveness.

6. AnderBoBo May 6, 2013 at 13:52 #

I quite like this look, but totally irrespective of her. Carey never seems to breathe life into her looks, especially with this one. She’s just standing there as if she has on a ratty shirt and denim shorts as opposed to a $4000 designer jacket, sigh.

• Rashmi May 6, 2013 at 13:57 #

+1. She seems disconnected with the dresses she wears.
      Apart from that, the make up is getting boring too.

7. Jai May 6, 2013 at 14:31 #

This girl is tiny! I feel like I could pick her up and throw her like a baseball. As for the outfit, I think the structured shoulders look kind of ridiculous on her. She’s not really working it.

8. dee May 6, 2013 at 15:47 #

I only like her shoes the rest not so much.

9. Rebecca Z May 6, 2013 at 16:00 #

This looks is wearing her, not the other way around. The jacket looks much better open as worn on the model. She looks overwhelmed.

10. Christine May 6, 2013 at 16:23 #

She is boring me to no end. Her promo tour run is dull to say the least. I am not sure if I should be excited about seeing her at Cannes.

11. Fiona-Brasil May 6, 2013 at 17:14 #

Carey Mulligan is no Tilda Swinton.She should stop trying so hard the androgynous look because it doesn’t suit her.

12. dunzoo May 6, 2013 at 17:16 #

Nice outfit, but not for Carey, she doesn’t have the presence to pull it off (a la Tilda Swinton).

13. Nat39 May 6, 2013 at 17:36 #

It’s a cool strong modern look but Carey isn’t rocking it whatsoever, wrong choice for her.

14. Katrin May 6, 2013 at 19:13 #

I agree with everyone saying that this new “strong woman” direction Carey is taking is not workin for her. Maybe she feels fierce and strong inside and that is great, but she has such a lovely cutesey pinchable face that does not work with these clothes at all.

15. TeaAtTwo May 6, 2013 at 22:09 #

I much prefer this over her Gatsby world premiere look. She’s too boyish for that dress to wow but this really works on her.