06.05.13

A Weekend In Kylie Minogue’s Closet

A Weekend In Kylie Minogue's Closet

Kylie Minogue was in New York City this weekend attending several events which saw her wearing her favourite designers – Dolce & Gabbana and Moschino Cheap & Chic.

Dolce & Gabbana 5th Avenue Boutique Opening: On Saturday evening she joined Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana to celebrate the opening of the new Dolce & Gabbana boutique on 5th Avenue with a cocktail reception hosted by Giovanna Battaglia, where she enjoyed a night of traditional Italian hospitality and mingled around the space of the new store, which spans three floors. Wearing a green-and-white mini dress from the Spring 2013 collection, the Australian star styled her look with orange woven heels and statement earrings from the same Spring 2013 collection. I like all three elements, but I don’t think they complement each other well here.

NYC Hotel: The next morning Kylie left her hotel looking in great spirits, wearing a Moschino Cheap & Chic dress. Her fun pink scoop-neck dress featuring a winking eye and pink lips was styled with tri-strap peep-toes and superstar shades.

Pre-Met Ball ‘The Great Gatsby’ Screening: On Sunday evening it was Dolce & Gabbana once again; this time she donned a floral ensemble – a print we have seen in several guises on the red carpet which celebs can’t get enough of. The actress/singer, who is usually fond of mini dresses, surprised me by wearing pants on this occasion with a bell-sleeved top.

Of the three looks, I have to say her Moschino look is my favourite. I do really like the second Dolce look, but the Moschino is more suited to her style.

Credit: INFDaily & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Dolce & Gabbana's 5th Avenue Boutique Opening

Dolce & Gabbana’s 5th Avenue Boutique Opening

11 Responses to A Weekend In Kylie Minogue’s Closet

1. Yeliz May 6, 2013 at 13:23 #

The first look is actually my favourite. Somehow I really like it. The second look is nice, but the dress is too short IMO. And from the third look, I only like the pants.

2. EmmaWoodhouse May 6, 2013 at 13:29 #

The first look is like a lampshade, the second is too short and I’m torn over the face, and the third is very sofa-like.

3. Alicat May 6, 2013 at 13:45 #

She usually has great style, especially for street wear, but I don’t like any of these looks. The first is a mish mash and the dress looks like a bath towel she’s wrapped around herself. The second might be considered “fun”, but to me it is too young for her and way too short. The third look is like pyjamas or a leisure suit from the 70s, and ages her. She has a great figure and doesn’t have to resort to such baggy, coverall looks which accentuate how short she is. Hope she gets her style mojo back soon.

• Dean May 7, 2013 at 07:03 #

+1 ITA All bad looks!

4. Stewart May 6, 2013 at 14:09 #

My favourite is also the Moschino because its fun and cheeky. Kylie being so petite means clothes straight from the runway often swamp her if not cut just right.

Did you see the Carolina Hererra dress she wore at the EIF Women’s Cancer Research’s annual benefit a few days ago? It was a Greek Goddess look, which Kylie always seems to pull off perfectly.

5. Jai May 6, 2013 at 14:32 #

That first dress would not look good on anyone. Ugh.

6. Aline May 6, 2013 at 14:48 #

OMG LOVE that Moschino dress!

• Alina May 6, 2013 at 15:19 #

7. Christine May 6, 2013 at 16:26 #

Her second look is too cute.

8. robbie May 6, 2013 at 17:57 #

the first dolce & gabbana look is terrible. the dress is ugly, the earrings look like tacky christmas ornaments the shoes are the only saving grace. the other dolce & gabbana look is just bad.

the moschino cheap & chic however is adorable.

9. kane May 6, 2013 at 22:47 #

Love the Moschino look ankles-up. Maybe slightly softer shades, but they get a pass.