Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Nicole Richie In Balmain – Balmain LA Dinner Party

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Nicole Richie In Balmain - Balmain LA Dinner Party

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Nicole Richie attended a dinner party hosted by Balmain which was held at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, California on Thursday evening.
They were all, of course, wearing Balmain.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I kind of feel sorry for Rosie here as the Balmain Spring 2013 collection is not an easy one to pull off – even Zoe Saldana couldn’t get you to love it. The collection was an eyesore: a cropped padded-shouldered leather top with front-pocket detailing and an overworked multi-print flared mini skirt… I mean, really Olivier? This wouldn’t look great on anyone. I only like her fresh face and Balmain open-toe booties here.

Nicole Richie: The designer and ‘Fashion Star’ judge is my favourite here. Her Spring 2013 summery-hued frock with embroidered details was her perfect choice. Actually, I’m surprised the look didn’t overwhelm her as there is a lot going on.

Who look do you prefer here?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham & Chloé - St Pancras Station

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham & Chloé – St Pancras Station

Katy Perry In Thom Browne - ‘Killer Queen’ Fragrance Launch

Katy Perry In Thom Browne – ‘Killer Queen’ Fragrance Launch

26 Responses to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Nicole Richie In Balmain – Balmain LA Dinner Party

1. Charlotte May 3, 2013 at 12:07 #

This look on Rosie is awful, especially the top. It seems like she has nos breast and huge shoulder !
    I don’t really the dress of Nicole but she’s OK. I wonder what happened to her face ? Something’s different.

2. Alicat May 3, 2013 at 12:12 #

If Rosie Huntington-Whitely can’t make the jacket and skirt look good, no one can. Those boots make even her long, lithe legs look stumpy. I like Nicole Richie’s look. The grey pumps are a good choice with such a busy dress. I am also liking her hairstyle.

3. CreoleLady May 3, 2013 at 12:12 #

Actually, I could see someone like Rhianna pulling off that first look. Thus ends the myth that Rosie can pull off anything. I’m surprised that Nicole pulls off her look as well as she does. Still, agree with the overall assessment of this collection — overwrought.

4. Yeliz May 3, 2013 at 12:29 #

I feel sorry for Rosie too, she was one of the few who could make this collection work, but even she can’t do it here. I definitely prefer Nicole’s look. She doesn’t look overwhelmed, she looks gorgeous.

5. dee May 3, 2013 at 13:09 #

I don’t like either look.

• Alina May 3, 2013 at 15:21 #

• Christine May 3, 2013 at 15:37 #

• Ysatis May 3, 2013 at 16:08 #

6. B May 3, 2013 at 13:15 #

The workmanship in nicoles gown is just insane – it’s not just embroidered, the whole thing is woven like a cane chair seat. Incredible really.
    Rosie doesn’t look great, but I find myself wondering if the skirt could be acceptable if paired with a less horrible top..

7. Mick May 3, 2013 at 14:08 #

No to both looks. Rosie’s is kind of tacky, and as regards Nicole, I think that the dress does overwhelm her frame. She’s so tiny, I don’t know why she sticks to those big-shouldered dresses that do nothing for her figure. Also, I kind of hate her 80s anchorwoman hair.

• Leti May 3, 2013 at 16:02 #

Nicole’s hair bothers me less than it did in her last appearance–I may be getting used to it. However, I completely agree about the dress overwhelming her frame. If only it been sized down to suit her proportions. I do like the dress itself, though.

8. ErrorFlynn May 3, 2013 at 14:08 #

Nicole’s shoulders look huge in that thing.

9. kelly May 3, 2013 at 14:38 #

nicole’s helmet hair is not a good look, but i really like the colours of what she’s wearing.
    rosie’s hair and makeup looks great but i can’t get with the outfit

10. Moxie May 3, 2013 at 15:05 #

Rosie’s skirt and boots are fine, but no one can pull off that top. When will designers realize that women do not want pockets over their breasts? The pockets are not usable and they give the breasts a weird shape.

Nicole is wearing a macrame project gone awry.

11. katie May 3, 2013 at 15:34 #

Nicole by far, its a gorgeous dress. I think Rosie’s skirt is cute, but there is way too much going on otherwise

12. Anj May 3, 2013 at 17:48 #

At first, I was like holy cow, is that Anna Wintour? She looks great. But then I saw Nicole’s face. I don’t know what that says about her haircut but I do like her outfit a lot more than Rosie’s.

13. Nat39 May 3, 2013 at 19:20 #

Rosie looks tragic in this getup, I think Karolina would’ve made it look a bit more presentable with her fierceness. Nicole actually looks very much presentable, it works well enough.
    I did love Zoe’s look, she totally rocked her daring Balmain number and made it look very convincing.

14. TeaAtTwo May 3, 2013 at 19:30 #

Rosie is one of the few who could come close to working it but the ugly top that kills it because the bottom half could work. I like her fresh and purposely shaggy tresses. I don’t really care for Nicole’s dress it look more appealing on her than on the model.

15. Magdalena May 3, 2013 at 21:53 #

Nicole doesn’t do the dress justice. On the model looks bangin’ though

16. Oscar May 3, 2013 at 22:32 #

Are you guys crazy? ROSIE looks DIVINE. She looks like a freaking pop star!! Love it so much. Nicole looks like the dress is 8 sizes to big for her. I hate it on her and I hate the colors of her dress. And her Bob. Nicole looks like an Anna Wintour missing child. Not feeling that hair on her.

• effieee May 4, 2013 at 02:16 #

Agreed with your comments on Nicole. Her dress scream sexy, but her hair screams mumsy.

17. kane May 3, 2013 at 22:40 #

Hardly recognised Nicole. I find her dress ‘interesting’ in all the ambiguous connotations of the word and again think that the fit is off, prefer it on the model.

18. Derro May 4, 2013 at 02:42 #

I think Rosie looks amazing. I love the proportions of it and her fresh face. Plus the skirt is amazing.

19. Prudence May 4, 2013 at 18:35 #

Rosie is wearing SS13, Zoe was wearing Fall 2013 btw. I actually prefer Rosies look to Nicole. Nicole does look overwhelmed by the dress, its too long and her shoulders look massive in it.

20. Francois Bresmal May 4, 2013 at 23:07 #

Rosie’s look is edgy and modern, this collection was a perfect mix of Olivier’s unique approach of fashion and style and the breathtaking craftmanship, I CAN’T believe you don’t like it.