Rita Ora In Roksanda Ilincic – British Designers’ Collective

Rita Ora In Roksanda Ilincic - British Designers' Collective

Rita Ora shockingly took her look from loud and daring to positively demure when she hosted the ‘Future Vintage’ launch for the annual British Designers’ Collective boutique at Bicester Village in England yesterday.

The British songstress covered up in a structured, fire-engine-red Roksanda Ilincic Pre-Fall 2012 ‘Izumi’ dress with contrasting navy-blue cuffs that reminded me of wrist ‘peplums.’

However, the sophisticated silhouette was slightly compromised by her styling.

The playful, white-and-yellow Nicholas Kirkwood sandals seemed out of place, while a big, bold pair of canary-yellow gemstone earrings almost commanded more attention than the dress.

Rita thankfully wasn’t wearing a wig, but her root-showing strands that were teased into a mussed-up semi-pompadour didn’t exactly match the polish of the dress.

You may remember that Princess Beatrice and Marisa Tomei trotted out the ivory and blue version of this design within days of each other last summer.

Judging by who has worn it, the dress obviously has wide-ranging appeal.

WORDDR790008JNY_1_large

You can buy Rita’s Roksanda Ilincic dress in a jade-and-navy which is on sale from Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ashley Madekwe In Topshop - BAFTA Los Angeles and Sir Philip Green Celebrate The British New Wave at Topshop

Ashley Madekwe In Topshop – BAFTA Los Angeles and Sir Philip Green Celebrate The British New Wave at Topshop

Hannah Simone In Tory Burch - Screening And Q&A For Fox's 'New Girl'

Hannah Simone In Tory Burch – Screening And Q&A For Fox’s ‘New Girl’

16 Responses to Rita Ora In Roksanda Ilincic – British Designers’ Collective

1. Moxie May 3, 2013 at 15:07 #

The shoes do not work at all.

2. Alina May 3, 2013 at 15:22 #

Awful hair.

3. Yeliz May 3, 2013 at 15:27 #

Not liking her styling. Princess Beatrice wore this dress best.

• Christine May 3, 2013 at 15:29 #

4. dee May 3, 2013 at 15:35 #

Not crazy about this dress. I like her shoes.

5. FedUp May 3, 2013 at 15:40 #

Hi, I’m a bit sick of this to be honest. Rita Ora is just the latest pop star that a team of stylists and the corporate fashion world are using as a mannequin. She has no style and I find it ridiculous that she is everywhere! She more often than not looks a mess, as she does in this look. But more offensive is that clearly she does not pick her clothes. You cannot pay me to believe she had ANYTHING to do with this look. So sick of people with no PERSONAL style who don’t even look good in the clothes being picked for them getting such constant coverage. Eurgh! fed up! The fashion industry is so soulless. Everyone is wearing the same damn ugly played out dresses and the bloggers feverishly cover it writing long paragraphs as if anyone cares.

fashion is so stale today!

• julyol1972 May 4, 2013 at 04:13 #

I totally agree with most of what you’ve said. It does feel as if there is wide admiration for the constant stream of “pretty, boring” dresses on the same thin, perfect Hollywood-esque mannequins. Say what you will about the personal style of folks like Rihanna and to a lesser extent nowadays, Lady Gaga, but at least you can never predict what they going to wear because they have their own style, and it is peppered throughout whatever they wear.

Rita on the other had seems like a blank canvas that has many artists contributing, but at the end of the day, the painting is forgettable because it has no focus and no soul. She has never impressed me outside her most recent magazine shoot when someone else dressed her.

Sorry for the rant!!!

6. Noemi May 3, 2013 at 16:23 #

The dress fits her bad, but I like the shoes. The hairstyle makes her look older.

7. Sophie May 3, 2013 at 17:07 #

oh wow she looks like Hillary Clinton… I only like the shoes here.

8. Anj May 3, 2013 at 17:38 #

Oy vey.

• adrian May 3, 2013 at 19:33 #

She is working every nerve I have. I think i am going to have to stop commenting on or even looking at posts about her.

• NovuyoM May 7, 2013 at 09:48 #

I second you. It’s always a better outcome when you express yourself on things you like.
        i’ll just add that she has total 80s politician hair.

9. TeaAtTwo May 3, 2013 at 18:03 #

I like the shoes and dress- it’s the awful 80′s hair, harsh makeup and the incongruous earrings that are problematic to me.

10. Nat39 May 3, 2013 at 19:23 #

Her styling is bad (shoes, hairstyle, earrings..all wrong), and overall it looks like she is trying to be someone else in this conservative sophisticated dress.

11. Alicat May 3, 2013 at 23:07 #

This is a beautifully cut dress, and I love it in the green. Rita Ora has killed it with her awful styling, and I will say it – lack of taste. She has no sense of style. She plays dress ups with all the beautiful clothes she has access to, and then destroys them. If I were a designer and I had the power, I wouldn’t let her near my creations.

12. EmmaWoodhouse May 5, 2013 at 14:12 #

I like the green version. I do not like Rita’s version, and she destroys it with her styling, per usual.