Julianne Moore In Valentino – ‘What Maisie Knew’ New York Screening

Julianne Moore In Valentino - 'What Maisie Knew' New York Screening

Julianne Moore attended the ‘What Maisie Knew’ screening on Thursday evening, held at the Landmark Sunshine Cinema in New York City.

The actress blended into her surroundings wearing a black Valentino Pre-Fall 2013 dress.

Her black lace frock with a pleated skirt and lace hem was slightly modified from the look book version to provide more coverage on the bodice. While this was needed, it somewhat mummified the look, making Julianne appear older than she is.

Julianne’s favourite Tabitha Simmons Bailee lace-up sandals and a black satin clutch styled her look with a chic updo, and nude lip colour completing her look.

While this is pretty, I prefer Julianne when she’s being a bit more adventurous.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Lowndes In Zimmerman - 2013 BT Sport Industry Awards

Jessica Lowndes In Zimmerman – 2013 BT Sport Industry Awards

Alice Eve In Vivienne Westwood Red Label - 'Star Trek Into Darkness' After-Party

Alice Eve In Vivienne Westwood Red Label – ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ After-Party

8 Responses to Julianne Moore In Valentino – ‘What Maisie Knew’ New York Screening

1. Alicat May 4, 2013 at 02:40 #

The structure of the in filled bodice has spoilt the line of the dress and seems to thicken her waist. The waist band is not sitting on her waist and needs to be higher. The skirt is very pretty.

2. Christine May 4, 2013 at 03:17 #

This is so dull and mumsy.

3. Joy May 4, 2013 at 09:49 #

I strongly dislike this dress. I’m not sure exactly what it is, maybe it’s just not for Julianne. I don’t think this is her typical look. But this dress is horrible on every level. The lace bodice, shiny skirt, length, etc. is just not a good look on her.

4. Yeliz May 4, 2013 at 10:01 #

I love Julianne, but this look doesn’t work for me. I only like her makeup and shoes.

5. CreoleLady May 4, 2013 at 11:09 #

I LOVED the purple McQueen sans the leg shorteners she persists on wearing.Simple, clean lines, a fabric that skims the figure. Loved the flirtatious ruffle at the knee, gave the dress movement.

Here, all I see is harsh black, shiny cheap looking fabric and frumpy lace. Too much going on, none of it flattering. Also, her footwear is great but doesn’t look good on her. Enough with cutting off her legs at the ankles. She has beautiful shapely legs, why does she stumpify them?!

6. kane May 4, 2013 at 15:19 #

Ach, Julianne :( The filling of the bodice is unforgivable. To be fair though it was a pretty hard dress to pull off.

7. LeLaid May 4, 2013 at 22:24 #

This makes her look very wide, which she is not. I agree, I like it when she pushed the envelope. This is too bland for me.

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 6, 2013 at 05:24 #

I find this strangely childlike, in a morbid way with all that black. It’s unpleasant. Not working for Julianne. She looks better in sleek elegance.