Carey Mulligan In Lanvin – Bowery Hotel

Carey Mulligan In Lanvin - Bowery Hotel

After debuting the ‘The Great Gatsby’ on Wednesday night, the film’s ‘it’ girl Carey Mulligan was spotted exiting The Bowery Hotel in New York City the following day.

The actress once again showed off her slimline figure in a minimalistic Lanvin design. But she swapped her hot-red moment seen at the movie premiere, for this more casual, sleeveless sheath dress in navy-blue cotton toile from the Resort 2013 collection.

She cinched in the structured dress with a wide black leather belt, complemented by a pair of black Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps.

A pair of retro shades and blowdry-and-go waves completed this effortless, street-style look.

You can buy Carey’s Lanvin dress from Nordstrom.

Credit: FameFlynet

23 thoughts on “Carey Mulligan In Lanvin – Bowery Hotel

1. Alicat

She really does suit this style of dress, and the belt elevates the look even further. I had no idea she had hair this length. It looks very over processed.

2. Yeliz

I really like this look. More polished hair would’ve worked better with this dress, but I think her blowdry-and-go waves give this chic look also a relaxed vibe.

3. Kellie

I actually really dislike this. It’s not the clothes and it’s not the hair. I love Carey Mulligan and this look just seems like SO NOT HER. Since when did she start wearing sky-high Louboutins?! I much preferred her when she wasn’t so ‘Hollywood’ and was wearing much more quirky and playful stuff. Bring back the old Carey please!

4. Emmeline

The dress is chic, but I’m not crazy about her hair. I really wish she’d go back to a darker color with it.

1. Mick

I was thinking the same about the hair. I love her minimal chich approach to fashion, but the hair color has not been the most flattering lately. I have rewatched An Education recently, and the hair was much better in a darker hue

5. DP

Is that Korres Lip Butter in Quince I spy in her hand? Yum!

I really love the tailoring of this dress, but girl, go for some colour. The shoes are such a conservative choice as well- I think I just expect something more avant garde from Carey.

1. DP

Aha! I hadn’t heard that but that makes sense. Not sure I like it so far but let’s see :)

6. Neli

Not Prada or Miu Miu?? She looks too thin but i like this dress and its look much better than the red one.

7. justme

Her off-duty style is better than her red carpet’s imo. I even like the hair here lol.

8. Anj

This woman NEVER excites me. She always looks frumpy and seemingly without an ounce of confidence. She should also stop dying her hair.

9. TeaAtTwo

A chic dress, the shoes could be more better and the hair should be brushed. Probably wavy due to her up do from the night before.

10. Kate

It’s not exciting, but goodness, it’s just a commuting outfit. It’s chic enough to get the job done. It’s not like she’s going to a photo call.

I’m also fairly certain I see a tiny tub of Korres lip butter in her hand…good choice :)

11. Carla

It must be that during the press junket for a film, actresses are required to dress a certain way for their “off time” even though they’re essentially on. She never dresses like this–not even remotely–when she has nothing to promote. Rather like Kristin Stewart–I would really love to just see them dress themselves. Not everyone is suited to high fashion, and that’s fine.

12. EmmaWoodhouse

This dress is very chic on her, but her hair needed some work (I didn’t know it was that long!)