02.05.13 Premiere

Anna Wintour In Chanel Couture – ‘The Great Gatsby’ World Premiere

Anna Wintour In Chanel Couture - ‘The Great Gatsby’ World Premiere

Anna Wintour and Andre Leon Talley, fashion version of ‘Little and Large’, took to the red carpet for ‘The Great Gatsby’ world premiere at Avery Fisher Hall at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City last night.

We should not be surprised to see Anna wearing Chanel Couture, her favourite Manolo Blahnik pumps and a beaded necklace. You can pretty much guess that those three factors will be in play when she hosts the Met Gala on Monday.

What is different here is the ‘AW’ clutch, or is it a cellphone holder? It’s hard to tell.

With regards to Andre Leon Talley – RTL Ugg boots? Really?!?! I can’t even comment on the ridiculousness of the rest of his look.

Credit: Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker In L’Agence - AOL 2013 Digital Content NewFront

Sarah Jessica Parker In L’Agence – AOL 2013 Digital Content NewFront

Coco Rocha In Sass & Bide - Out In New York City

Coco Rocha In Sass & Bide – Out In New York City

21 Responses to Anna Wintour In Chanel Couture – ‘The Great Gatsby’ World Premiere

1. Charlotte May 2, 2013 at 14:06 #

I can’t believe she wore this shoes ! It’s such a shame.
    That said, this dress is pretty great on her.

2. Alina May 2, 2013 at 14:10 #

She looks great.

3. Alicat May 2, 2013 at 14:11 #

Her dress is a pretty straightforward Chanel number, and looks demure and elegant. Her hair becomes more and more helmet like. There seems to be absolutely no movement or life in it. God help any strand that dared to stray out of place! As for Mr Talley, he looks like he is attending a costume ball but managed to get even that wrong. I agree that he looks utterly ridiculous.

4. Yliz May 2, 2013 at 14:18 #

Anna looks nice and Andre Leon Talley looks ridiculous.

5. Carrie May 2, 2013 at 14:28 #

I thought the letters on his boots were ATL…his monogram.

6. TeaAtTwo May 2, 2013 at 14:31 #

I was excited when I saw Anna wearing different court shoes in the photo of her and Marc Jacobs wearing the same Prada coat. I don’t know how she agreed to be photographed next to ALT in that ugly get-up.

7. lola May 2, 2013 at 14:39 #

I can’t help but thinking what a schnooooooze fest this woman is…

• lola May 2, 2013 at 14:54 #

Admittedly…the dress is nice, but wayyyy to young for her

8. Mary May 2, 2013 at 14:47 #

I really like her dress but seriously, wearing this hideous Manolo B. pumps ?!? Such a shame …

• Mary May 2, 2013 at 14:48 #

* these
      Sorry.

9. Noemi May 2, 2013 at 15:59 #

I like the dress, no comment about the shoes (I think she has at least a huge shoe closet full ot them). Am I the only one who find her expression quite scary?
    André Leon Talley… I’m speechless. This man is considered a fashion guru? The world of fashion could be the strangest, sometimes.

10. Christine May 2, 2013 at 16:17 #

And to think they both work in Fashion. Pfff.

11. dee May 2, 2013 at 16:24 #

I like the dress on her and that’s about it. As for Andre Talley, he looks a hot mess.

12. Beth Rodrigues May 2, 2013 at 16:32 #

Mr Talley continues the ridiculous clothes to the extreme..I realize his size could be an issue, but wrapping his body in material does not make it fashion…

13. Markness May 2, 2013 at 17:04 #

I don’t get why people would slam her for her dress choices. I mean, would she get a lot of compliments from you guys if she wore crazy getups? Please! She dresses for herself and for her age. We should not judge their reliability in work by their clothes. I do know it’s fashion but if you’re going to look at it, what’s unfashionable about her outfit?

I’m sorry I sound super affected but I feel that people just keeps making comments on her because we all know she’s cold and doesn’t care about what other people think yadda-yadda. I truly respect her for what she’s done despite the fact that she may have commercialized and made Vogue an ad magazine rather than in fashion but I guess she has to do what she has to do to survive and she looks like the type of person that would do anything to stay on top.

Putting that aside, what Andre is wearing is quite bearable for his standards. (I mean his ANTM wardrobe was way worse) It’s the Ugg boots that driving me crazy.

• Kathy May 2, 2013 at 18:26 #

I completely agree on all aspects.

14. Nat39 May 2, 2013 at 17:59 #

I’m not a fan of her signature ‘helmet’ hair, and the obligatory statement necklace and MB pumps are too repetitive, but I still think that she looks fresh and lovely here, the dress works wonderfully on her figure.

15. robbie May 2, 2013 at 18:30 #

anna looks great. andre though sorry but he works at VOGUE! one can only hope he has sudden blindness and didnt realise what he was wearing.

16. George May 2, 2013 at 19:33 #

When I saw Andre I laughed so hard that I fell off my chair. Think you Andre, you made my day!

17. Joy May 2, 2013 at 20:25 #

You know the thing that gets me, is that fashion is such a DO’s AND DON’T world. We look to these two figures to tell us what is “fashionable” and here they are looking RIDICULOUS. First, the dress is WAY too young for Anna. The cut just seems wrong on her. I won’t even discuss the shoes, because what’s the point? She doesn’t care, so why should I?

And Andre, what a joke. He is so important for fashion but always looks like a train wreck. Again, why should I care what he thinks?

Yet we respect them both. Fashion is so hard to follow sometimes. Bizarre to say the least.

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 3, 2013 at 16:06 #

Other than Anna’s shoes, I like the look. It’s very her, and it works.
    Andre, who has never had my respect as far as concerns the fashion world, has just solidified his status once more.