30.04.13 Menswear, Premiere

‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Berlin Premiere Menswear Round Up

'Star Trek Into Darkness' Premiere

For the German premiere of the much-anticipated ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, held in Berlin on Monday, three of the male stars and director J.J. Abrams, along with Alice Eve and Zoe Saldana, arrived in very different looks. They showed the know how to style a suit, but only two of them nailed the fit.

Simon Pegg: The British actor went with a grey suit with notch lapels over a classic white shirt. The jacket fits well, but the pants do not. He wisely finished it all off with a burgundy slim tie and a pink silk pocket square.

Zachary Quinto: Known to be a great dresser, Zachary added to his impressive menswear résumé with a perfectly cut navy suit with shawl lapels over a pale blue shirt. The details made him stand out. Along with the suit, he added a wild-patterned black-and-white tie and a plaid pocket square. None of the colours were identical, giving him more of a statement look and less of a uniformed look.

Chris Pine: He opted for a Ralph Lauren brown checked suit with notch lapels similar to one he wore in November at ‘The Rise of the Guardians’ premiere. It was a fantastic looking suit that was incredibly eye-catching, but his pants needed to fit more like Zachary’s. The fit of the jacket is great and the addition of the wide tie (and the manly beard) gave him a more powerful look. I love the decision to wear the contrast-collar shirt as well.

J.J. Abrams: The director has very much been keeping-up-with-the-Jones’ so to speak, as his classic suits and stand-out ties have been favoured just as much as the cast of this movie.

Credit: Getty

Gwyneth Paltrow's Jimmy Choo 'Fauna' Booties

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Jimmy Choo ‘Fauna’ Booties

Selena Gomez' Peter Pilotto 'Lara' Top And Peter Pilotto ‘Eli’ Trousers

Selena Gomez’ Peter Pilotto ‘Lara’ Top And Peter Pilotto ‘Eli’ Trousers

19 Responses to ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Berlin Premiere Menswear Round Up

1. prasad sawant April 30, 2013 at 19:21 #

God.. what a line up.. where is Benedict Cumberbatch.. dying to see him!!

• Jordan May 1, 2013 at 02:54 #

+100 agreed

2. Yeliz April 30, 2013 at 19:29 #

Chris is my favourite of the bunch again, but I don’t love his whole look. That wide tie looks kinda weird. I also like Zachary’s look.

3. Nat39 April 30, 2013 at 19:36 #

Zachary is easily my fave here, not a single complaint from me, he is perfect, looking so sharp, polished and slender, followed by slightly boring but in a perfectly fitted sharp classic look JJ Abrams and Simon (a darker grey/black shoe instead of brown would go much better with the grey suit and the pants could’ve def. been fitted better, they are a tad long and baggy).
    Chris’s disproportionately wide tie is a major eyesore, esp. teamed with the contrasting collar fighting for attention, it’s hard to look past it.

4. Alina April 30, 2013 at 19:43 #

Chris is killing me! KILLING ME!

5. Marybeth April 30, 2013 at 20:08 #

This time I like Zachary Quinto’s look best. Sharp!(I haven’t much cared for his efforts so far.)

I suspect that Chris’s wide tie, big bright-white collar, and contrast shirt will be a hate-or-love look. Count me among the haters but I think I might have liked it better had his suit been a sleek navy or black. Too much going on with texture and color.

I continue to be impressed with how well JJ Abrams is holding his own on the red carpet with all of the stars.

6. Emily April 30, 2013 at 20:18 #

OMG! Zachary’s so gorgeous. I’m impressed by his look. Chris also looks great but all his suits feel the same for me.
    I’m dying to see Benedict!!!

7. Rafael April 30, 2013 at 21:00 #

Geeeez What happened to Chris?? That looks awful, He should wear a navy/midnight blue shirt, or a simple white! That’s looks super bad
    BTW: No one does Balmain like Zoe, she looks STUNNING!!

8. Molly April 30, 2013 at 21:02 #

Wow, I love the ensemble picture! It offers a fresh perspective on the individual looks. Bravo FC

9. dee April 30, 2013 at 21:03 #

I like Zachary’s look the most.

10. CreoleLady April 30, 2013 at 21:09 #

Zachary Quinto ftw. It’s only logical (OK,OK I HAD to do it once, forgive me, lol).

• Marybeth May 1, 2013 at 00:26 #

:lol:

11. Amy April 30, 2013 at 23:12 #

Zachary nailed this one. what a cast!! Seriously right now they deserve a best dressed cast award. Each one of them has been adding his own touch to the tour.Very nice

• Christine May 1, 2013 at 02:51 #

He got my BDOTW vote!

12. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2013 at 23:46 #

Zachary looks the best here. I would like Chris’s look but for the tie. His pants look identical to Zachary’s in cut and length, so they don’t bother me.

13. justme May 1, 2013 at 00:59 #

Awww they look cute as an unit. I love that Z² are holding hands.

I agree that Zachary is the best dressed male here. Chris’ tie is huge and I’m not a fan of his suit to begin with. His face remains flawless though.

14. Christine May 1, 2013 at 02:50 #

Love Qunito suit. Yesss!

15. Quinn May 1, 2013 at 09:43 #

aww…why so much dislike over Chris’s suit. I thought he look fantastic!! But my eyes went straight to Zoe in this picture. she is perfection in Balmain!

16. TeaAtTwo May 1, 2013 at 10:31 #

Zachary looks great, a sleek fit and I adore the subtle details and mismatching. I like Chris’ look (the stubble makes him look sexier ;)) apart from the pant fit.