Emilia Clarke In Christian Dior - 2013 Actors Fund's Annual Gala honouring Robert De Niro

Emilia Clarke, who is still performing on Broadway, attended the 2013 Actors Fund’s Annual Gala honouring Robert De Niro, which was held at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City yesterday evening.

The Christian Dior Spring 2013 collection’s popularity shows no sign of waning; this is approximately the 20th look of 53 – not counting re-runs – that we have seen on the red carpet.

Emilia’s strapless frock with an exciting burst of crystal embroidery throughout was accented with a metal belt, black satin clutch and patent-leather peep-toes.

Many of you have questioned Emilia’s eye makeup in the past, so you’ll be pleased to discover that she was less heavy handed on this occasion, opting to make her lips the focus of her beautiful face with a pink pout.

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Carey Mulligan In Prada - Catherine Martin and Miuccia Prada 'The Great Gatsby' Dresses Opening Exhibit

Carey Mulligan In Prada – Catherine Martin and Miuccia Prada ‘The Great Gatsby’ Dresses Opening Exhibit

17 Responses to Emilia Clarke In Christian Dior – 2013 Actors Fund’s Annual Gala honouring Robert De Niro

1. Yeliz April 30, 2013 at 16:08 #

I would’ve loved it if this look would’ve ended below the knee but she does look beautiful from the ankles up. I would’ve preferred pointy pumps.

• dee April 30, 2013 at 16:27 #

I agree.

• Christine May 1, 2013 at 02:45 #

+2 Beautiful dress though.

2. Emmeline April 30, 2013 at 16:22 #

This dress is lovely and I’m surprised it took someone this long to wear it. I would have swapped those shoes for something else, but other than that she looks very nice.

3. CreoleLady April 30, 2013 at 17:15 #

Wow, I didn’t recognize her! I like this look, h2t. The light hand with the makeup is especially nice.

4. Beta April 30, 2013 at 17:19 #

ankles up I LOVE this look!

5. Nat39 April 30, 2013 at 17:44 #

The dress is pretty and figure-flattering but her styling is a tad dull, she looks somewhat mumsy.

• Nat39 April 30, 2013 at 18:34 #

I think this look would in fact be better suited to someone like Marion Cotillard (mentioned by Brooke below). It’s a tad mature for Emilia.

• Brooke April 30, 2013 at 20:08 #

I do think Marion would have given the look more edge; with a pointed-toe shoe, a contrast clutch and a quiff to wake up this look. But she has more experience than Emilia, who has the makings of a fashion girl but, being new, errs more to the conservative side with the unintended effect of looking a bit mature/banal. I hope she breaks out of her shell! I’ve seen a few snaps of Emilia’s street style that were quite good.

6. Brooke April 30, 2013 at 17:45 #

I had to look twice as I initially mistook her for Marion Cotillard… which I consider to be a very high compliment. She’s one to watch, to be sure.

7. Amy April 30, 2013 at 18:09 #

very pretty. The shoes are quite uninspired but she looks gorgeous. Glad she tone down the eye makeup

8. Kathy April 30, 2013 at 18:25 #

Love it! The studs on the dress make it a little more daring than the other minimalist LBDs in this collection. The makeup is so refreshing. She looks naturally gorgeous. Don’t mind the shoes because they let the dress shine.

9. Dhppy April 30, 2013 at 19:35 #

This is gorgeous. I prefer the calf length on Clarke to the knee length on the model.

10. Scarlett April 30, 2013 at 22:30 #

She looks gorgeous. The dress is beautiful, I don’t think she’s ever worn Dior before.
    Not to be pedantic but Breakfast at Tiffany’s actually closed early a few weeks ago.

11. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2013 at 23:45 #

Best look of this collection in my memory. I like it on her.

12. Aline May 1, 2013 at 07:07 #

I was going to say that this is the first dress of this collection that I liked. But then I went check closer pictures and changed my mind. The embroidering is poorly done. Actually, compared to the amazing embroidered dresses that we see around, this one looks amateurish.

And I guess that’s my problem with Raf Simmon’s Dior, the clothes don’t look polished.

But, back to Emilia, I like her hair and makeup but not the accessories she chose.

13. TeaAtTwo May 1, 2013 at 10:25 #

This collection on the red carpet has been hit and miss. I’d put this under hit, the shoes could be better but she does look nice and the dress doesn’t at all look like a confused mess as opposed the half of collection.