29.04.13

Sofia Vergara In Herve L Leroux - 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Sofia Vergara joined her ‘Modern Family’ co-star Julie Bowen for Saturday night’s 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in Washington, D.C..

The actress took to the red carpet wearing a gorgeous teal-blue Herve L. Leroux gown.

Her draped gown was a surprisingly demure choice for the actress, even with the cut-out details.

Instead of letting it all hang out, she added a lot of pink jewels courtesy of Lorraine Schwartz to add some spice to her look.

She probably overdid it with the jewels and I wish the clutch was a lot smaller but, since her chest wasn’t the focus of this look for a refreshing change, I would give her a pass.

Wavy locks and glossy lips completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Alessandra Ambrosio's Topshop Knitted Fluro Weave Jumper

Alessandra Ambrosio’s Topshop Knitted Fluro Weave Jumper

Elizabeth Banks In Roland Mouret - 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Elizabeth Banks In Roland Mouret – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

17 Responses to Sofia Vergara In Herve L. Leroux – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Yeliz April 29, 2013 at 09:21 #

Overaccessorized. And her hair could’ve been up.

• AG April 29, 2013 at 10:09 #

Both the fit and colour of the dress are spectacular! But the accessories and hair are too over the top and unfortunately bring the whole look down.

• Nat April 29, 2013 at 14:19 #

I agree. I am surprised she didn’t wear a mermaid gown. It was about time.

• Christine April 29, 2013 at 14:39 #

Too much is going on with the accessories. Nice dress though.

2. Charlotte April 29, 2013 at 09:41 #

she doesn’t need all this pink jewels ! But the dress is great on her and her hair is beautiful.

3. Alicat April 29, 2013 at 09:53 #

The dress fits like a glove and certainly accentuates her figure, but remains tasteful. I think she looks fantastic as far as the dress is concerned. BUT the makeup is heavy and overdone, verging on doll like. The oversized pink/purple jewellery ruins the look totally. The various pieces look cheap and tacky although I suspect they are anything but!!

4. Jess2 April 29, 2013 at 11:30 #

I really love this dress, it is a great shape/style for Sophia. She really overdid it with the jewels, though I do love the colours.

5. Ysatis April 29, 2013 at 11:33 #

She has an mazing hourglass figure and the gown does it justice. However the styling lets the look down.

It is the white house not the playboy mansion, do something with that hair. The jewels look like something little girls can win at the fun fair.

6. Thomas April 29, 2013 at 12:03 #

Love Sofia in Modern Family! Love the dress but really, Sofia?! The amount of acessories on her wrist- too much! WOuld prefer her hair to be gentler with the curls.

7. EmmaWoodhouse April 29, 2013 at 13:04 #

if it hadn’t been for always-tacky cut-outs I would have really liked the dress. However, although pink was a great jewel color with the teal, those jewels look not only overdone but fake. I like the clutch but not with the rest of it. She should have tried an updo for once, too.

8. Moxie April 29, 2013 at 15:25 #

The cutouts are small enough not to be tacky. But the jewels – she is wearing too many. I love the colors together, but at least one piece should have been removed.

• Leti April 29, 2013 at 16:15 #

9. harris April 29, 2013 at 15:37 #

she always seems to tacky to me. the overdone jewelry looks like high school prom.

10. Rebecca Z April 29, 2013 at 16:17 #

It is a gorgeous dress that flatters her amazing figure beautifully. Too many bracelets and the earrings are a little over the top. I always love seeing her beautiful hair, but it would have looked great in a high ponytail or 1/2 up 1/2 down.

11. Jen April 29, 2013 at 18:40 #

I love the style of the dress and the colour (I’m seriously a sucker for teal/peacock blues) but I totally agree that she’s over accessorized.

12. Gabby M April 29, 2013 at 22:22 #

Thank you all for your comments I saw this picture first on yahoo… and made the sa,e comments, loose the jewelry, and I got 2 thumbs down… and 2 thumbs up, it just shows me that the “common” fashion consumer doesnt know what tasteful, I know you ladys know whats tasteful here!

13. Amy April 29, 2013 at 22:51 #

the dress is a perfect fit, it hugs her right. But honestly who let her go out with the plastic jewels? It just kills the dress and make it tacky. too bad