Sophia Bush In Lela Rose – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Sophia Bush In Lela Rose - 2013 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Sophia Bush said ‘I do’ to a spot at the 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, hosted last night in Washington D.C.

Wearing a Lela Rose Spring 2013 gown, she channeled a bridal mood with this barely blush gown that featured a high-low front hem followed behind by a sweeping train.

The heavy skirt layers, the embossed damask-like fabric, not to mention the overwrought floral-embroidered bodice, were all just too overwhelming for the actress’s petite frame.

She did pull her hair back, but her bangs still weighed down the styling.

I maybe could see a younger teen cutie like Elle Fanning or Kiernan Shipka pulling off a shorter version of this dress… perhaps.

Sophia has recently had us questioning her style. Does this look get your vote or not?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

20 thoughts on “Sophia Bush In Lela Rose – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Yeliz

I think she looks gorgeous, she doesn’t look overwhelmed in my eyes. After her previous missteps, she did it right here IMO. I love the shoes and those earrings are to die for.

1. Jess2

+2, couldn’t agree more. I think this looks gorgeous and her hair appears lighter which I love. Love this head to toe.

2. EmmaWoodhouse

What has happened to her style? Ever since those bangs…
    I want to like the dress, and I think I would on Kiernan or Elle. But on Sophia it’s just too childish. :(

3. Marybeth

I like this more than most of her recent looks.
    The dress is pretty and I think she styled it very well.

If this were Miss Unknown, I think we’d be less critical. But we know Sophia can do better.

4. TeaAtTwo

I think she looks gorgeous, I adore the bodice and I’m glad the hem is high enough to show those shoes off which are as fab as her earrings.

5. Rebecca Z

Ugh. Silly dress just made sillier by her shoes and other styling decisions. She looks like she is playing dress-up.

6. Aline

Since I saw pictures from the event last night, I’ve found myself unable to stop obsessing over this look. I thought she had lost her RC mojo, but here she’s the picture of perfection to me.

The dress is beyond gorgeous, her accessories are beautiful and complementary and her bangs don’t bother me for once. From what I’ve seen from the event, she’s my best dressed. Actually, this look goes on my BDOTY list.

7. Dhppy

The dress is okay. I love the bag and shoes. The earrings and the hair are pulling her down, though. Hopefully she’ll grow out the bangs and remember never to do that to herself again. I’ve honestly never seen such a pretty celebrity lose her mojo so swiftly as she did with this one hairstyle choice.

8. pipsqueak

Whoa, the Correspondents’ Association Dinner is Washington’s Coachella and Comic Con! Everyone is there and everyone wants to be there. She’s drowning in that gown and hidden in those bangs. Overall, this is a prom dress.