Jing Tian In Christian Dior - Dior Homme Fall Winter 2013 Menswear Collection Show

Following the Beijing Film Festival, where we took issue with Jing Tian’s styling, she had another chance to impress on the red carpet yesterday evening when she attended the Dior Homme Fall/Winter 2013 Menswear Collection Show in Beijing, China.

The pretty actress this time selected a black pair of shoes without that quadruple-stacked platform, which many of you refer to as ‘stripper shoes’.

Her black Dior pumps were of course worn with a Dior dress from the Spring 2013 collection.

The dress appears to be a simple strapless LBD with a cascading ruffle on the side; however, there are pink and orange organza pieces embedded in the ruffle.

Opting for no bells or whistles, a pink lip colour with her hair swept behind her shoulders completed her minimalist look.

Too plain, or just right?

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Kate Mara In Mulberry - Netflix's 'House of Cards' For Your Consideration Q&A

Kate Mara In Mulberry – Netflix’s ‘House of Cards’ For Your Consideration Q&A

Giorgio Armani Cocktail Party

Giorgio Armani Cocktail Party

13 Responses to Jing Tian In Christian Dior – Dior Homme Fall/Winter 2013 Menswear Collection Show

1. Yeliz April 26, 2013 at 13:04 #

The shoes could’ve been more interesting, but overall it’s a nice look.

2. Lee Ann April 26, 2013 at 13:06 #

Needed a version of the runway shoes to perk it up a bit

• Beta April 27, 2013 at 10:58 #

+1 yes, this looks needs some interesting shoes

3. dee April 26, 2013 at 13:14 #

Dior lost its magic. I do not like this dress on the runway or on her.

4. EmmaWoodhouse April 26, 2013 at 13:22 #

She looks pretty, but I don’t like the dress. This collection was such a joke–since when does a piece of black fabric with an oddly voluminous side become a masterpiece?

• Lee Ann April 26, 2013 at 13:51 #

I don’t think Raf was trying to create masterpeces what he was trying to do was update the collection whilst looking backwards at the archives. The workmanship and detail of construction is outstanding but unfortunately you have to see it to understand it. In pictures it looks flat and bland. I felt the same way until I saw the dresses upclose and put them on. I think that is why this collection is such a commercial success and pretty much sold out.

• Kathy April 26, 2013 at 18:29 #

+1 I feel like Raf’s designs are sometimes misunderstood, because they’re hard to wear and even harder to style appropriately. Personally speaking, his clothes are not the kind I would ever wear, just because they’re very 50s-influenced and only suitable for certain occasions. His brilliance, however, is in subtle details like tailoring and embellishment.

• Noemi April 27, 2013 at 11:33 #

I agree with you.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 27, 2013 at 14:37 #

That is very interesting! Thank you for telling me, because now I understand the fad better. It is definitely true that a well-made look has great appeal even if it isn’t visually striking at first sight.

5. Christine April 26, 2013 at 13:30 #

Plain.

6. TeaAtTwo April 26, 2013 at 13:48 #

Where were these pumps for her lovely Christophe Josse dress?!
    This Dior look works for me, minimalist styling was wise but the runway pumps are more interesting.

7. Nat39 April 26, 2013 at 19:02 #

The runway-inspired shoe would’ve been great but her simple presentation is still working for me.

8. Maria April 27, 2013 at 16:37 #

Rachel Bilson also wore this look