26.04.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Topshop - Inauguration Of Warner Bros Studios

Since becoming pregnant, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge has managed to win us over with her maternity style – by ‘us’ I am very much including myself.

When the duchess arrived at the Inauguration Of Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden in Watford, England this morning, the mum-to-be – who was joined by Prince William and Prince Harry as they took the famous Harry Potter tour – wore a £38.00 dress from Topshop.

It instantly became such a hot commodity that it sold out in about an hour.

The polka-dot dress was styled with black suede shoes – obvs – a black Ralph Lauren cropped blazer and a small black box clutch.

Her hair was teased into gorgeous loose waves, plus she rocked a pair of pearl drop earrings.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Tara Jarmon - Naomi House Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Tara Jarmon – Naomi House Visit

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Topshop – Inauguration Of Warner Bros. Studios

1. Tanya April 26, 2013 at 18:09 #

Sooo love the Oh-So-forever-classy duchess!! <3

2. Nat39 April 26, 2013 at 18:13 #

Cute but a bit longer length would’ve been more appropriate, her baby-blue Emilia Wickstead dress with just above-the-knee length was perfection.

3. Ayishaa April 26, 2013 at 18:17 #

Beautiful. Love everything about this look. I just added one dress style to my maternity wear.

• Christine April 27, 2013 at 03:58 #

Such a cute dress.

4. Yeliz April 26, 2013 at 18:22 #

I can’t help but love all of her maternity looks so far and this one is no exception. The dress could’ve been a tad longer, but she looks gorgeous nonetheless. Love the second photo especially, her baby bump looks so cute.

5. Ruth April 26, 2013 at 18:23 #

Lovely.

I wonder if she’ll cut her hair drastically shorter further into her pregnancy (or birth).

6. dee April 26, 2013 at 19:27 #

I like this look, she looks cute.

7. GiGi April 26, 2013 at 20:59 #

She looks wonderful… and she always manages to show off that gorgeous ring… she’s mastered the art!

8. Rebecca Z April 26, 2013 at 21:16 #

I think she looks great. And they all seemed to have a lot of fun on this outing.

I find it so interesting that she has started wearing shorter skirts since the pregnancy-I think they look really cute but clearly some other commenters disagree. Of course when she was wearing the more conservative lengths some folks didn’t like that either. I don’t picture her cutting her hair ever–I hope she doesn’t–it is so beautiful.

9. leeAnn April 26, 2013 at 21:41 #

This woman couldn’t rock a roll nevertheless a dress

10. Aline April 26, 2013 at 22:19 #

OMG! This is beyond adorable!
    Pregnancy is doing her wonders.

• Tati M April 27, 2013 at 21:41 #

Exactly, her pregnant style is much better and youthful.

11. molly April 26, 2013 at 22:48 #

Love the outfit, but why is it that whenever she wears a jacket, her hemlines go up about five inches? She was fighting to keep her skirt down for much of the outdoor portion.
    It is nice to see a lack of sausage curls! Baby steps…

• Tati M April 27, 2013 at 21:44 #

I loved the definition: sausages curls

12. Shalini Lahiri April 27, 2013 at 03:41 #

I dont find this look classy enough for a royal. Sure it’s super cute, but you and me could have also done this exact same look. It’s very ordinary and I dont see anything exciting or even elevating in the look.
    If it was an everyday look, fine by me.She has access to great clothes and was at an event, I would have expected to dress up a little bit more. Disappointed really. Love her glow but!

• Beta April 27, 2013 at 10:27 #

+1, she looks cute and that’s it

13. Elaine2 April 27, 2013 at 14:58 #

She hasn’t won me over in her maternity style. In fact, I think her maternity style is rather horrid.

She continues to shirk the royal dress code, that being dresses/skirts to the knee. And a dress like this with floaty material absolutely has to have hem weights put in. Otherwise she risks the fly-away situations that she’s had in the past. Her hair touching, skirt touching isn’t very professional. In other photos of this event, all the other women were dressed with hems at (or below) the knee. Kate was there on official business and should show more respect for royal protocol. What she wears on her own time is entirely different, but she was ‘working’ there.

I like the jacket, and if the hem was a little lower the dress would be perfectly fine even though it isn’t even. The shoes, makeup……..ugh. At least she didn’t have sausage curls.

14. Carmen April 27, 2013 at 23:15 #

Her hair is gorgeous here! LOL, it seems I favor her maternity style over her normal style :)

15. Jess2 April 28, 2013 at 10:00 #

Love love love love this!! She looks beautiful.

16. EmmaWoodhouse April 28, 2013 at 16:41 #

I’d add a few inches to the skirt, but otherwise, PERFECTION! I love the polka dots, the little blazer–her maternity style is just so fun and fashionable!