Gwyneth Paltrow In Antonio Berardi – ‘Iron Man 3′ LA Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow In Antonio Berardi - 'Iron Man 3' Premiere

Gwyneth Paltrow took to the red carpet at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California for the ‘Iron Man 3′ premiere wearing a very risqué look yesterday evening.

The actress wore an Antonio Berardi Fall 2013 gown, which features the navy, teal and iridescent silver panels top with sheer kimono sleeves, and a black-and-white maxi skirt we saw as two looks on the runway.

The talking point of this look is obviously the sheer panels on the side of the skirt, which reveal her white shoes, slender legs and pert derriere.

For me, the only thing I don’t like are the white shoes. In the wrong hands this look may have veered on the trashy side, but I love the way she looks sexy and classy. I can also picture Halle Berry working this look.

Gwyneth’s attempt to give you guys a new hairstyle may not go down too well, because while she may have swept her hair to one side, she is still sporting a centre parting.

Do you like Gwyneth’s look or is it too revealing for your tastes?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Chrissy Teigen In Elisabetta Franchi - 2014 ESPY Awards

Chrissy Teigen In Elisabetta Franchi – 2014 ESPY Awards

Rebecca Hall In Prada - 'Iron Man 3' LA Premiere

Rebecca Hall In Prada – ‘Iron Man 3′ LA Premiere

72 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Antonio Berardi – ‘Iron Man 3′ LA Premiere

1. Joy April 25, 2013 at 11:05 #

Wow!!! She is everywhere right now. She is looking so good.

I’ve gotta say I love this look. The dress is quite sexy but it really works on her. The dress itself is AMAZING and so different. She is so classy, she really pulls this daring look off so well. She is awfully skinny though. BDOTY contender for me.

Oh, and I LOVE the diamond earrings. SO BEAUTIFUL!!

• Joy April 25, 2013 at 11:51 #

Okay, I don’t know how I missed this, I must have been so in awe of the look as a whole. Somehow, I didn’t notice the white skirt panel. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I think it would have been better if it was the same silver material as the top. It has a “seperates” feel which takes away from the gown aspect of it. But I still love the look.

• Grace Patricia April 25, 2013 at 14:03 #

She looks so effortless elegant and sexy even in a dress like this one that I didn’t decide if I like it or not.

• Nat39 April 26, 2013 at 00:51 #

It’s funny that with all the excessively revealing side panels, it is the mismatched white front panel that bothers me the most, wish it was silver for a more ‘whole gown’ effect (/she should’ve kept the long version as presented on the runway)

• Fernanda April 26, 2013 at 17:15 #

The diamond earrings are by Eliane Fattal for S.J.Phillips!

2. ullis April 25, 2013 at 11:07 #

too much!

3. Aurélien April 25, 2013 at 11:08 #

I like this look.
    The only thing I would have changed is the white panel of the skirt. I would have prefered an embroidered one, like the model 1, to match the top.

4. CreoleLady April 25, 2013 at 11:09 #

Trashy. From the front it looked interesting and structural so I was open to a little sheerness, the key being “a little”. I’m sure some like seeing her “derriere”, I’m just not none of them.

• Lashae April 25, 2013 at 11:16 #

+1 Also, I think it looks ugly. Maybe on someone else it would look better but not GP.

• Marie April 25, 2013 at 11:19 #

I agree, she looks beautiful from the front but I really dislike the dress from the side, it shows way too much flesh for my liking!

• Iris April 25, 2013 at 13:13 #

agree — too much information!

• Christine April 25, 2013 at 15:54 #

This is such a horrible dress and wow, the sheer sides? Um no.

• Irina August 30, 2013 at 13:29 #

Looks trashy. The dress is also purely constructed – too many seams that could have been easily avoided with a little thought and care.

5. Jai April 25, 2013 at 11:19 #

I’m never going to like the sheer trend. Why do we have to see someone’s ass? I just don’t get it. Also, I find the dress a bit of a mess with or without the sheer panelling.

• happy2 April 25, 2013 at 14:42 #

i completely agree. it seems so tacky and repulsive.

• roxy April 25, 2013 at 20:06 #

ITA can you imagine standing next to someone wearing such an outfit uggh!

• dee April 25, 2013 at 15:03 #

I agree too. I don’t wanna see what Momma gave you either. This is not sexy to me at all. This is awful.

• Tracy L April 26, 2013 at 14:34 #

I so agree. I hate this trend and I hate this dress. Katherine, I usually agree with you but this time I really disagree. It’s ugly and inappropriate. There are other dresses that she could show off her body and look gorgeous without literally showing off her body.

6. Yeliz April 25, 2013 at 11:21 #

I was about to say that I really like this look when I just saw it from the front, but then I looked at the pictures from the side and it’s WAY too revealing for my tastes. I don’t care if she carries this elegantly, it looks tacky to me. And whilst I love that one earring, it is hanging on the wrong ear IMO. Don’t even get me started on how boring her hair looks. A big thumbs down from me.

• Molly April 25, 2013 at 14:35 #

Is it really just one earring? I don’t get it.

• Parvati April 25, 2013 at 22:54 #

I agree, from the front, it looked alright, but when I saw the picture from the side, it’s just way too much flesh…

7. Hilary April 25, 2013 at 11:31 #

I cannot believe that anyone other than a stripper would think it’s a good idea to leave the house like this. I’m shocked that she feels the need to expose herself like this. When Heidi Klum shows extra inch of her cleavage, everyone agrees it’s extremely tacky but this is far more so in my opinion, given the intimate areas she’s showing off. Maybe I would like it more if she got rid of the good girl hair and make up. If she’d been all vamped up, this wouldn’t grate so much.

• Anya April 25, 2013 at 11:38 #

+1 She looks unbelievably tacky.. I haven’t a clue why she would feel the need to wear something as revealing as this. Don’t like the front and definitely not the side.

• manja April 25, 2013 at 11:55 #

agree 100%

• mocha April 25, 2013 at 14:30 #

yeah…. i mean she’s not wearing any underwear!!!! if that is not tacky i don’t know what is.

• roxy April 25, 2013 at 20:18 #

I don’t think the lack of underwear is a problem per se. The number of dresses where a bra can’t be worn and/or have thigh-high splits where whether the wearer is wearing anything there is uncertain. It’s just jarring seeing the side view of someone’s ass in anything other than a bikini!

8. Denise April 25, 2013 at 11:37 #

The sheer panel is too much. And the white panel of the skirt should have been embroidered like the top. As it is, a big NO. This is a hot mess flirting with tacky. Her sweet face is not saving this one, imo.

9. V April 25, 2013 at 11:43 #

I love this. It’s daring, sure, but if I had a butt like hers at 40 I’d want to flaunt it too. Ties in well with her support of Tracy Anderson at the moment as well. I don’t think she’s exposing too much; it seems tight-fitting so you wouldn’t have any unwanted flashes too! I also like the nearly futuristic choice of outfit… fitting for an Iron Man premiere. Kind of like a haute-couture, female and green/black/white (instead of red/gold) version of the suit ;) BDOTW contender for me!

10. Betelgeuze April 25, 2013 at 11:44 #

She gets a reluctant pass from me for the sheer panels. A miniskirt-sized illusion or nude panel would be preferable. But overall, the dress is very interesting and gorgeous. This may get into my BDOTY choosing list, but I sense it won’t stay there too long.

11. Charlotte April 25, 2013 at 11:48 #

This is so tacky !
    We get it, she’s doing a lot of working out, she has great legs and great ass, we don’t need to see so much, we get it !
    Even on the front, I don’t like the dress, it’s a mess, too muche is going on.
    And I can’t really stand her hair anymore. She needs to do something about it, someone grab a scissors and cut this thing !!!

12. Rashmi April 25, 2013 at 11:49 #

Wish the side was not completely sheer… :-(

I love the look from the front !!!! Even the side partition…
    But the sheer is way too much unfortunately …

13. Aisling April 25, 2013 at 11:50 #

I find this far too complicated. It’s interesting, but messy. I would have taken the cocktail dress to the floor, and added side splits instead of sheer paneling.

Earring thing is gorge and works with the hair, I think.

14. lola April 25, 2013 at 11:54 #

Pardon my french …but her derriere is actually not that spectacular… she is way to skinny for that! I think the shearness of this dress is totally overkill. There are other types of shearness that are way sexier than this…the kind that hints about nudity. I think the most striking effect of this dress on her is that “the starwars-effect” is totally lost on her. She looks way better in softer more natural but still statuesque looks

15. Alicat April 25, 2013 at 12:07 #

When I had only looked at the front view I thought it was ok with a bit too much going on. When I then looked at the side views I was disappointed. Why does she need to resort to such a tacky, trashy look? If she wants publicity I guess she will get it for having her bum on show. We all have a bum. Does absolutely nothing for me.

16. Fiona-Brasil April 25, 2013 at 12:08 #

I hate this look from head to toe.Way too much information in the dress, the sheer panels looks like she is trying too hard. A total, utterly mess.

• Kaz April 25, 2013 at 13:15 #

Way, way too much information. A lady needn’t dress like this.

17. justiner April 25, 2013 at 12:46 #

I can’t believe people consider this look tacky. Not everything that is revealing is tacky.

• Quinn April 25, 2013 at 14:16 #

yup. and it depends on how you present the look. and this one is far from tacky. I like it. Gwyneth took a risk and it paid off. and i think this deserve a spot in the BDOTW poll!

18. Dolly April 25, 2013 at 12:54 #

God help us if ‘side-bum’ becomes the new ‘side-boob’. I hate the sleeves of the dress, it almost would have been better without the sleeves and sheer panels. Hate the hair as well. Not a wow from me

19. Angie April 25, 2013 at 12:57 #

This is beyond tacky, and I strongly dislike her hair and shoes.

20. Leo April 25, 2013 at 12:59 #

Many people would make this look trashy but Gwyneth can pull this off, I love it.

• SilentVisitor April 25, 2013 at 13:04 #

+1 completely agree. She looks great

21. Anne April 25, 2013 at 13:14 #

I am not usually one for the sheer panel trend on skirts, but I totally love this look on Gwyneth! It’s futuristic, sexy and totally interesting. I think this is also the best makeup she’s had all tour.

22. Luisa April 25, 2013 at 13:37 #

First I thought the sheerness was what was bothering me but now I just think I don’t like this because its plain ugly.

• Tracy L April 26, 2013 at 14:36 #

Yup!

23. Kat April 25, 2013 at 13:48 #

I know sometimes rc looks require going commando for various purposes (better fitting, no underwear lines etc.), however everything that openly admits (pun intended) that you’re going commando is a No for me. I also find the low hourglass effect created by the sheer panels unflattering. The cocktail dress version looks much better.

24. AG April 25, 2013 at 14:06 #

WOW! I think there’s way too much on display here, which steers this look towards tacky. That aside, I feel like a lot of her recent looks have been the same sort of formula…structural, monochromatic looks. Have to give her kudos for her body looking that good though!

25. AnderBoBo April 25, 2013 at 14:25 #

This is somehow both matronly and vulgar, a rare feat!

26. Molly April 25, 2013 at 14:33 #

Ick, tacky! I love the look from the front, and assumed those side panels were just black. But from the side — too too too much! I don’t think I would like this on anyway, no matter their age. I don’t know why Gwyneth so frequently feels the need to show so much. She is gorgeous and statuesque and classy and can wear almost anything well. She doesn’t need to prove she has a great body by showing it like this!

27. Marybeth April 25, 2013 at 14:35 #

Talk about trying too hard! Leave aside the vulgar, I’m-still-sexy!!!!! side panels, there is far too much gimmickry here.
    The dress, which is both interesting and artistically pleasing in the short version, comes across as awkward and fussy as a gown.
    The one earring trick would be best reserved for a minimalist outfit. In any case, it doesn’t really complement the dress.
    Would it kill her to put her hair up or at least brush it behind her shoulders when there is so much else going on?

28. Noemi April 25, 2013 at 15:06 #

I think that this look is interesting but not flattering. For me, it’s too revealing, and it’s not even sexy… which is a kind of contradiction. I remember her dressing like a laic nun when she was young… now it’s all about showing flesh, legs, jeans, bikers… When you don’t live a phase of your life you will want it back sooner or later, that’s why I don’t understand very young people who dress like their mothers.

29. kane April 25, 2013 at 15:09 #

Classy? I find side boobs quite sexy at times, but understand if people feel ‘less is more’ in that department. How a side bum can be deemed ‘classy’ is rather beyond me, sorry.

I usually like her clear-cut, clear-coloured style, but this is too wishy-washy and the sheer sides are on the wrong side of the border between sexy and tacky for me.

30. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2013 at 15:27 #

I love it from the front, the super sheer side is a letdown. I wish it had been lined or at least covered the down to the derriere.

31. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) April 25, 2013 at 15:43 #

Now I get the Halle Berry inference…where are y’all seeing the side and rear views. Even from the front it’s not too my liking, knowing that we are seeing Valhalla from other angles only makes it less appealing. The hair is simply MEH. I heard Andy Cohen say on WWHL that GP was just voted the most beautiful woman in the world. She’s lovely,but I don’t see it.

32. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 15:44 #

From the front, she was serving Cate Blanchett realness–and I loved it. I got so excited, even with the simple hair and weird earring choice!
    Then the side…I am BEYOND crushed. This is SO tacky and trashy–I can’t even. How much more inappropriate can you get? I am appalled because even though I haven’t always loved her style choices she’s always been pretty classy. This is a HUGE disappointment. If those side panels had been black, this would have gone on my BDOTY list. As it is, it’s going on Trashiest of the Year and Worst Surprise of the Year. :’(

33. Moxie April 25, 2013 at 16:32 #

From the front it is very interesting. But the side view! Too. Much. Side. Butt.

And pulling your stick straight/center parted hair to one side is not a new hairdo, Gwyneth.

34. Summer Rain April 25, 2013 at 16:53 #

I LOVE the look on her and congrats Gwenyth for being named most beautiful woman. Don’t know why she’s gotton all this negative feedback(jealious anyone?) Anyway..she looks absolutely lovely and I love the dress.

35. Tina April 25, 2013 at 17:36 #

From the frot it’s just okay – the silhouette is interesting but I dislike the weird front poncho/cape thing. But from the side it really is terrible… reminds me of the time she went sheer at the Oscars…

Gwyneth, we really didn’t need to see all of that.

36. Pedro April 25, 2013 at 19:43 #

Perfection!

She looks amazing.
    Bold, stylish, fearless and fierce.

Love! BDOTW and maybe BDOTY

37. Kyriaki - Cyprus April 25, 2013 at 20:14 #

I can’t even look at the photos. I fear that ‘something’ will be revealed..It’s a ‘no’ from me too..

38. nawalski April 25, 2013 at 20:19 #

Way too much going on in this outfit! I must say, I’m disappointed that she opted for the sheer sides – I always thought she was very classy, and the sheerness all the way to top of her derriere shouts ‘trashy’. Sorry, but this is a big thumbs down for me!

39. CDC April 25, 2013 at 20:25 #

Well…her face and earrings are beautiful.

40. pipsqueak April 25, 2013 at 20:26 #

Women can have a mid-life crisis, too, especially now that 40 is the new 30. This dress is the female equivalent of a Ferrari. But it’s better be bold in public than be dirty behind closed doors. Those who maintain a “goody two shoes” persona aren’t always what they seem. I love this look! Gwyneth took a risk and it worked. Nobody says anything about a man’s Ferrari. Just enjoy the sexy sight!

41. Melrose April 25, 2013 at 21:19 #

LOVE this look! Modern, fierce, show-stopper, glam.

(just hate the exposed seam running down on the sheer side)

42. Dhppy April 25, 2013 at 22:04 #

Well, we are in unchartered waters here. I suppose, if one wants to go nude in public, this is as tasteful as one can do it As for the front, I’m not sure. I prefer the dresses as they were originally presented on the runway to Paltrow’s combination. Overall, it’s okay. I’m not appalled by the gown. I’m usually all for artful sheerness and peekaboo creativity, but I think this may be a little too much.

43. Rebecca Z April 25, 2013 at 22:39 #

I am in the tacky camp. First, the “dress” is not pretty or very flattering, or very interesting, or groundbreaking in any meaningful way. Second, we know she has a great figure, I don’t need to see her prove it by practically going naked. I rarely find fashion offensive, but I think this falls into the stunt category and I am offended by her wink wink attitude. Why would a woman want to show this much of her body to everyone? This is not what we have all fought so hard to accomplish.

44. Cass April 26, 2013 at 01:25 #

She looks really awesome. Stylish, elegant – only one of the few who can carry it off. Celebrating her gorgeous curves and having fun with fashion. Isn’t that what being female is all about? Something that suits and ties can’t do.

45. Gemma April 26, 2013 at 04:13 #

Come on! This isn’t “borderline” revealing, it’s completely ridiculous! From the front she looks exquisite but the second she turns to the side, insanity.

46. FETISE April 26, 2013 at 06:11 #

When I first saw it I liked it. But now that I see how it was shown on the runway I think she should have worn it that way.

47. Sabreena April 26, 2013 at 17:50 #

One word– TRASHY!
    Easily the worst dressed of the year for me.

48. Natalie19 April 26, 2013 at 22:39 #

Terrible!!!

Agree with all above that nobody needs to see her ass….

49. Jing Xiang May 4, 2013 at 17:12 #

Skipping the London premiere of Iron Man 3 has made lots of fans disappointed with Gwyneth Paltrow, so she thought she can go all out and up her glamour ante in LA premiere!!! She spotted this kimono-inspired three-tone dress from Antonio Berardi with sheer sleeves and panels cascades down her lower body parts!!! At the front the dress looks very demure, but turning to the back is simply a disaster waiting to happen as the sheer panels reveals her side bum and she’s spotted without underwear in it!! Simply trashy and unflattering and I thought she has gone overboard with this!!! Pepper Potts won’t approve this even thought Tony Stark fell under her spell, but definitely not in this way, Gwyneth, probably the most underwhelmed promo tour in 2013!!