24.04.13

The Paley Center For Media Presents: ‘Mad Men’ Season 5

The Paley Center For Media Presents 'Mad Men' Season 5

The ladies from ‘Mad Men’ were back on the red carpet again last night for The Paley Center for Media’s presentation of ‘Mad Men’ Season 5, held at The Paley Center for Media in New York City yesterday evening, with two of the three making an effort to get dressed up for the occasion.

Jessica Pare: As with the last event, the Canadian actress stood out wearing another fitted dress, this time selecting a Roksanda Ilincic ‘Efra’ dress from the Spring 2013 collection with striking colour panelling, which she styled with Charlotte Olympia ‘Dolly’ pumps.

Kiernan Shipka: Opting for another dark-coloured frock, the young actress chose a fit-and-flare black dress with rich red floral embroidery. Satin pumps and a braided ‘do completed her look. Beautiful, elegant and age appropriate as always.

January Jones: Opting for a more laidback look, the actress wore a Textile by Elizabeth and James denim jacket over an embroidered Zara cream blouse, paired with Helmut Lang leather pants and Christian Louboutin ‘Diptic’ open-toe ankle boots which we’ve seen before on Jennifer Hudson and Eva Longoria. Do you think she is under dressed or that the others are over dressed?

Credit: Getty

Andrea Duro In Andrew Gn & Roksanda Ilincic - Malaga Film Festival

Andrea Duro In Andrew Gn & Roksanda Ilincic – Malaga Film Festival

Frank Ocean In Lanvin - 2013 Time 100 Gala

Frank Ocean In Lanvin – 2013 Time 100 Gala

20 Responses to The Paley Center For Media Presents: ‘Mad Men’ Season 5

1. Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 17:35 #

I guess I think January Jones is a tad under dressed though I like her outfit with the exception of the hair style. Not finding either of the other two terribly exciting.

• Francois Bresmal April 27, 2013 at 16:47 #

Thinking the same! I have the feeling that she feels too important to dress up, this is not the first time she’s attending an event like “Just chose this in my wardrobe and left”

2. Emmeline April 24, 2013 at 17:39 #

Once again, Kiernan puts her costars to shame. She looks beautiful and I love her braid.

If January had lost the jacket this look might have been better, though the black bra still would have been tacky.

3. dee April 24, 2013 at 17:40 #

Would have preferred Keirnan’s dress with sandals. Jessica’s look is just OK. January look is nice for another event. Seems a little underdressed to me.

4. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 18:07 #

Love Kiernan’s look as always, but this time only from the ankles up. I would’ve preferred another pair of shoes, sandals maybe. I like Jessica’s look a lot, but the hair bothers me a bit. I can’t overlook January’s black bra or top or whatever she wore under the blouse and she’s not event appropriate IMO.

• Marybeth April 24, 2013 at 20:53 #

Agree on all points!

5. Kathy April 24, 2013 at 18:41 #

Kierna’s look is too matronly. Between the hair, the below-knee “ladies who lunch” dress, and black pumps, the outfit belongs on a middle aged woman, not a teenage girl. Jessica’s look is easily my favorite. Her styling and execution are impeccable. She looks so confident, and really sells it. January looks like she’s trying too hard, weird as it may sound. Even though she’s underdressed, it feels like she’s forcing herself to be laid-back and lived-in, when that’s clearly not what her style is about. It’s so unnatural to see her dressing down, she who is known for her daring gowns and avant-garde fashion.

6. the (un?)social butterfly April 24, 2013 at 18:50 #

I really dislike January Jones’ look, but I find her so stunningly beautiful… It’s like there’s her face, and then the clothing.

7. Estranged April 24, 2013 at 19:03 #

I would swap January and Kiernan’s outfits.

• Denise April 25, 2013 at 07:17 #

+1. I don’t find Kiernan’s outfit age appropriate. She looks matronly and certainly NOT her age. January on the other hand is under dressed.Is she trying to change her style to more fun and youthful ? This is not bad, but for an other occasion.

8. Dhppy April 24, 2013 at 20:43 #

I’m not remotely surprised to see Kiernan Shipka out performing everyone on the red carpet.

9. kane April 24, 2013 at 21:32 #

KS and JP–yes, JJ–certainly not. But none of them really wows me tbh.

10. ingrid April 24, 2013 at 22:00 #

Not overwhelmed by any of the three – although Kiernan is the best of the bunch :) I feel January’s outfit would be so much nicer with a black jacket – I think the denim and black pants/shoes feels unbalanced. They all beautiful though aren’t they :)

11. Christine April 25, 2013 at 01:37 #

Love Jessica and Kiernan looks.

12. Markness April 25, 2013 at 02:31 #

I think January should’ve replaced that denim jacket with a black blazer and she’s the right mix of effortless cool/not underdressed,not overdressed look. :)

13. zoe April 25, 2013 at 02:58 #

as always January looks like a try hard and Kiernan looks absolutely ravishing! what a beautiful young lady she is becoming.

14. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2013 at 13:19 #

I find Kieran’s look too mature for her, maybe it’s the hair and the shoes. Jessica looks quite good. I like January’s look apart from the bra showing through.

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 15:31 #

I LOVE Kiernant’s look–so pretty and classy! She has great style. Jessica’s look is a little too “mod” for me, though she does look nice. January looks like a girl at the mall in a bad way. Plus I can see her bra.

16. KC April 26, 2013 at 00:23 #

Why does January Jones always dress like a petulant teenager trying to ruin a family outing??