Jing Tian In Christophe Josse Couture – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Jing Tian In Christophe Josse Couture - 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Jing Tian attended the closing ceremony for the 3rd Beijing International Film Festival held at the China National Convention Center in Beijing, China yesterday evening.

I was delighted that she decided to wear a look from Christophe Josse’s Spring 2013 Couture collection.

The French designer is highly underrated. I would love to see more of his exquisite pieces on the red carpet, hopefully this will be the start of more to come.

Tian wore a beautiful black embellished tea-length dress with a fully beaded contrasting collar.

Her prim-and-proper look was sadly let down by those hideous Giuesppe Zanotti platform peep-toes. I also wish she opted to wear the belt as styled on the runway.

With the exclusion of Lin Peng, this was a very well-dressed event.

Credit: Elle & Sina

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - The Arts Club

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – The Arts Club

Heather Graham's Stella McCartney Strapless Dress

Heather Graham’s Stella McCartney Strapless Dress

17 Responses to Jing Tian In Christophe Josse Couture – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

1. Kathy April 24, 2013 at 19:07 #

I haven’t heard of this designer before, but I like the Valentino-meets-Reem-Acra aesthetic of the dress. The shoes are awful and unfortunately bring down the look.

2. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 20:00 #

I’m not a big fan of the ‘school-girly’ collar details, but this design is quite adorable and is working somehow, and I think she is the right person for it, I just also wish she’d kept the belt, opted for a better non-heavy shoe and a neat ‘do/bun.

3. Marybeth April 24, 2013 at 20:42 #

I think she looks very pretty and, despite less than perfect styling, is wearing this unusual dress well.

I have been so happy to see that horse-hoof platforms are finally going out of fashion. But the Asian ladies, whose style I usually love so much, seem reluctant to give them up!

• Roosje April 24, 2013 at 20:59 #

It’s such a shame that they refuse to give up the ridiculous platforms because they spoil all their beautiful outfits

• Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 21:40 #

I wonder if these very petite Asian actresses hang on to the platforms because they give them height. Her dress would be on the floor without those shoes.

4. Dhppy April 24, 2013 at 20:45 #

This dress is so Audrey Hepburn. Very nice. Unfortunately, it’s too long and too large for Jing Tian.

5. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 21:05 #

I dislike the shoes and the length of the dress and she should’ve worn a belt.

6. dee April 24, 2013 at 21:15 #

I am not crazy how this looks on her. It looks gorgeous on the model.

7. kane April 24, 2013 at 21:30 #

Loving it on the runway, the sandals are such a quirky choice (not just in comparison to the platform peep toes, sigh).

8. Amy April 24, 2013 at 21:49 #

She killed that dress with her stripper shoes. Honestly who had this terrible idea? I also miss the belt

9. Alicat April 25, 2013 at 01:24 #

This is a very sweet dress on her, but it has a better silhouette on the model. The belt would have given more definition at the waist. The heavy black shoes certainly detract from her overall look. Something much more delicate is required, maybe in silver too instead of black.

10. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2013 at 01:25 #

I agree about the shoes and the lack of belt but I still find this look charming from the ankles up.

11. Christine April 25, 2013 at 01:34 #

I like this dress. so beautiful.

12. Catherine April 25, 2013 at 03:08 #

What a beautiful dress!!

13. Jeremy April 25, 2013 at 06:00 #

I must need expand my cultural landscape, because I am forever baffled as to whom all of these endless posts of asian actresses are.

She looks beautiful, but part of the appeal of seeing a gown on a red carpet (for me, at least) is identifying the way it relates to the person who is wearing it; how it enhances (or sometimes conflicts with) their persona. So, for me, the entire coverage of the Beijing Film Festival has been a viewing of the dresses from a completely impersonal, uninvested manner. This makes it difficult for me to really get behind a look and feel impassioned by it.

However, I’m sure that many of the readers of this blog feel differently and appreciate the time you spend on this fashionable ladies, so kudos!

14. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 15:35 #

I wish she’d worn the belt and better shoes. Otherwise, I love this look. The dress is gorgeous, very vintage-like–as someone abvoe said, it reminds one of Audrey Hepburn! This is a fantastic gown.

15. Liz April 25, 2013 at 18:41 #

I’ve been in love with this dress since I first lay eyes on it and had such great plans for it too! Hailee Steinfeld-shaped plans, maybe. SHe would’ve KILLED in it. Oh well.