23.04.13

Katy Perry In Zimmermann – ‘The Smurfs 2′ Cancun Party

Katy Perry In Zimmermann - 'The Smurfs 2' Cancun Party

Katy Perry attended the ‘Smurf 2′ party held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel during the 5th Annual Summer Of Sony in Cancun, Mexico on Monday evening.

It was her third look of her blue theme day.

I would love to proclaim that it was the best look of the day, but sadly this wasn’t the case.

Katy’s shimmering strapless Zimmerman multi-coloured dress feels a bit limp – especially when compared to the other two – and should’ve been shortened.

The dress fails to excite and when styled with the black Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps, I’m finding it impossible to find anything favourable about the look

She can do better, the photocall and press conference prove that.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim - Good Morning America

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim – Good Morning America

Katy Perry In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2013 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Katy Perry In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

14 Responses to Katy Perry In Zimmermann – ‘The Smurfs 2′ Cancun Party

1. Christine April 24, 2013 at 01:16 #

Terribly unflattering.

2. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 02:02 #

I won’t say that it’s a complete disaster but the fit in the bust area is awful, the skirt could’ve been a tad shorter for its fun shape to translate better, the shoes could’ve been flirtier. Hair and makeup are really lovely though. Her other 2 looks were def.better.

3. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2013 at 03:03 #

Third time’s not a charm in this case. Love the iridescence, and the colors, but not the check pattern nor the style/fit. Ugh.

4. Malinda Jane April 24, 2013 at 03:07 #

This look isn’t as good as the others but it’s not bad. But I can’t get past the fact that she’s standing there in the sand wearing heels. Couldn’t they get the poor girl a cute sandal?

• Beta April 24, 2013 at 10:58 #

yesss jeje same thoughts here, I was ‘WOW 5 inch heels in sand :|’!

5. Chandrew April 24, 2013 at 04:17 #

Wow, this is bad. It actually looks really cheap.

6. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 07:29 #

I much prefer her previous two looks to this one, but I don’t think that this is that bad either. The fit is off, but I kinda do like her simple styling here.

7. eva April 24, 2013 at 12:02 #

ouch! that botox. she can hardly smile, one of her eyes acts random… how old is she to do that to her face???

8. dee April 24, 2013 at 13:19 #

Hair and makeup are pretty but not liking the outfit.

9. Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 16:29 #

Haven’t really liked any of these three dresses. This is is clearly the worst–things went down hill all day.

10. Anj April 24, 2013 at 16:54 #

I like the print. This is not terrible but I think Zooey Deschanel would have done a way better job presenting this dress.
    Also, why not go shoeless in the sand?? Why wear pumps?

11. moja31 April 24, 2013 at 17:26 #

I like the bottom half of this dress, it would have been better with a solid black top though.

12. Kathy April 24, 2013 at 19:00 #

What a tacky, disasterous mess. It looks like a child’s DIY craft project. Terrible fit in the bust area, the skirt is droopy as well, and the dress as a whole just looks like a droopy flower.

13. AG April 25, 2013 at 08:50 #

I can’t believe this is Zimmermann! Usually they are so much better than this. For some reason Zimmermann designs don’t seem to translate very well on the red carpet. Case in point, Lea Michele’s see through black number.