22.04.13

Jennifer Lawrence In David Koma – 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In David Koma - 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

It has been awhile since we’ve seen Jennifer Lawrence take to the red carpet. But the Oscar-winner turned out for the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. Live, where she was a presenter.

The ‘Hunger Games’ actress had several surprises up her sleeve on Saturday night. She didn’t do Dior; she didn’t wear strapless; and she debuted a new tousled-bob haircut.

Her David Koma Fall 2013 figure-hugging cocktail frock featured a sheer neckline with black racer stripes at the shoulders and a flouncy skirt, which prevented this look from being too plain Jane.

Nicholas Kirkwood sandals, a geometric earring and statement cocktail ring, and her only flash of colour—hot-pink-lacquered nails—accessorized the flattering LBD.

With her nude lippie and sultry smoky eyes, I thought Jennifer boasted plenty of polished star quality for this showing.

Do you like her new look?

336298_in_l

You can buy Jennifer’s Nicholas Kirkwood sandals from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Natasha Yarovenko In Michael Kors - 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Natasha Yarovenko In Michael Kors – 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Megan Montaner In Blumarine - 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Megan Montaner In Blumarine – 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

39 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In David Koma – 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

1. Amy April 22, 2013 at 10:10 #

the dress is cute. I’m more interested by the new hairdo, it suits her

• Christine April 22, 2013 at 14:56 #

Like her new haircut. She looks more youthful.

• Ruth April 22, 2013 at 17:55 #

More youthful? She’s 23.

• R April 22, 2013 at 19:12 #

22. Her birthday’s in the summer. And I don’t if it’s the haircut, but she looks older to me in these photos. I also don’t think the cut of this dress is for her.

2. Charlotte April 22, 2013 at 10:17 #

I really like this look ! The dress, the make up and her new hair. She’s beautiful here.
    I really wish her collaboration with Dior won’t last.

• Yeliz April 22, 2013 at 17:12 #

I agree. She looks amazing here, much better than the most of her Dior looks. Love her new haircut, it suits her. I don’t really like the nude lippie on her, though.

3. Alicat April 22, 2013 at 10:26 #

I didn’t recognise her! It is a fun, flirty look and her hair and makeup compliment it perfectly.

4. jo April 22, 2013 at 10:46 #

Loving the new haircut! She looks great, the only thing I’m missing here is her adorable smile.

5. Denise April 22, 2013 at 11:08 #

The new haircut is fun and flirty! Loving everything except the nude lip colour.

• ariadne April 22, 2013 at 11:41 #

+1 She looks a bit washed out because of the lip color.

• Noemi April 22, 2013 at 14:07 #

I think you’re right, they’re not even nude lips, they’re so pale…

• dee April 22, 2013 at 14:07 #

+2. the lipcolor is not good on her.

• Mariazinha April 22, 2013 at 14:24 #

+3 Even the slightest hint of color would have improved it a lot! (or don’t add color, just don’t take it out either..) I really dislike these lips.. like you added concealer to them. It very rarely works for me.

• Tem April 22, 2013 at 14:40 #

+4 Sooo not a fan of the lipcolor

• Jai April 22, 2013 at 17:42 #

Yes, hate the makeup. Eyes too heavy and nude lip is not flattering.

• Betelgeuze April 22, 2013 at 18:00 #

+6 I’ve seen some article about the hair taken probably while she was preparating for this as she wore this dress, and she had a gorgeous strawberry red lip – can’t understand why they didn’t keep it!

And I really love the hair, especially because I cut mine off about three weeks ago but want to go an inch or two shorter, and this cut looks fabulous! Definitely stocking up on pictures to show my hairdresser.

• Nadine April 22, 2013 at 23:32 #

• Parvati April 25, 2013 at 22:18 #

I agree about the lips, they look way too pale…

6. noo April 22, 2013 at 11:53 #

her hair looks a bit frizzy and her make up doesn’t work for her! she really needs to stop with the smoky eyes.

• annel April 23, 2013 at 20:26 #

x2

7. Rachael April 22, 2013 at 11:55 #

Respectfully disagree, FC — I hated this! I found the dress terribly dated (very 80s prom), the makeup washes her out and her hair is unkempt and aging. Jennifer is such a young woman and so very beautiful; we have seen her do much, much better.

8. Lashae April 22, 2013 at 11:56 #

I might be the only one who doesn’t really care for this look. I think she looks better than she has in the past like the recent awards season but that’s about it. But I do like her haircut, its really cute.

• Kate April 22, 2013 at 21:56 #

I don’t like it either. I think she looks quite haggard here, and that’s VERY difficult to do because she’s such a beautiful girl.
      I think it’s a combination of the frizzy hair, awful lip color and flat makeup, and her expression. Were there no pictures of her smiling? She almost looks like she’s in pain.
      And I agree the dress does not suit her. The silhouette combined with sheer yoke AND sheer sleeves makes it look like an ice skating costume.

9. Angie April 22, 2013 at 12:07 #

I love the dress and the new hair cut! But i don’t like the make-up, I think it ages her. I would have preferred a bright pink lipstick and a more natural make-up on the eyes.

10. Anya April 22, 2013 at 12:39 #

I really like her dress and the styling is perfect. The hair is a welcome change too. But I cant get past the make up. It looks pasty and the nude lip is not working on this occasion. IMO a nude lip is when you leave your lips moisturised and in their natural state with barely anything on them, not pile on layers of ‘nude’ lipstick – hope she gets it right next time!

11. Mia April 22, 2013 at 13:30 #

I like this dress but it’s not for Jennifer. I hate her sandals. This make-up makes her look older than she is. But her new haircut is really cool.

12. MaddyEliza April 22, 2013 at 13:45 #

I like this dress on Jennifer–it’s cute and fun and sassy. I hate the nude lip too though. :(

13. Neli April 22, 2013 at 14:03 #

Love the new hair!
    Don’t like the look and the make.
    She’s amazing actress but not a fashion girl.

14. Rebecca Z April 22, 2013 at 15:13 #

I think this is totally adorable and is a BDOTW candidate for me! The dress is so cute and perfect for her figure and personality. Her hair and makeup are great for the dress and I love the nail color. A winner.

15. Moxie April 22, 2013 at 15:30 #

I love everything but the nude lippy and minimal make up. Her face is too washed out.

16. asherlev1 April 22, 2013 at 15:38 #

Not a fan of the make-up. D:

17. Rosanna April 22, 2013 at 16:44 #

Perfect from head to toe. I do not like lipstick though, it is too pale, cool for her.

18. justme April 22, 2013 at 17:25 #

Are you guys serious?
    That haircut would be fun for someone in their late 30′s/early 40′s.
    Jennifer is my age, this is aging as hell.

I’m not a fan of the dress either.

• Aline April 23, 2013 at 00:37 #

Oh thank you! After reading the comments I thought I was the only one who finds her new haircut extremely aging. It’s just such a soccer mom style, which combined with her super hot body and round adolescent face just doesn’t work at all. It’s like nothing matches.
      However, I suppose it’s for a new role so…

As for the dress, it’s flattering, cute and interesting but I’m tired of seeing her wearing black. And I won’t even get started on her makeup.

I just really miss early!2012 JenLaw :(

19. Nat39 April 22, 2013 at 18:03 #

The whole thing feels so contrived, laboured and unnatural on Jennifer. I’d like to see this dress on someone like Maria Sharapova rocking it naturally.

• Adrian April 23, 2013 at 02:48 #

+1 the make-up seems caked on. It’s aging. the lip color is wrong. You’re right, it just doesn’t feel natural. Most of what she wears never does. I bet she hates this whole red carpet thing. She just has to turn up the volume on whatever she would normally wear.

20. Dan Oliver April 22, 2013 at 22:04 #

I love it the hair, make up, dress. The hair might age her a bit but it suits the shape of her face. I think the dress is a great fit on her one of my favourite looks from her

21. EmmaWoodhouse April 22, 2013 at 23:08 #

The dress is cute and works for her, but the hairstyle and nude lip aren’t working so well imo.

22. ash April 23, 2013 at 04:31 #

everything about this look is awful… her makeup and hair always look so dirty.