Charlize Theron In Jason Wu – 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Charlize Theron In Jason Wu - 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

At the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, Charlize Theron struck a strong pose on the red carpet at the JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. Live on Saturday.

The South African beauty, who was a presenter at the event, gave us another red-carpet jumpsuit moment with her look from Jason Wu’s retro-laced Pre-Fall 2013 collection.

The wide-leg, halter silhouette lost some of its edge with the addition of the metallic braided sash and gold-medal charm. I much preferred the sleeker black belt from the lookbook.

But, if there’s anyone who can pull off this mannish-chic look, it’s the statuesque Charlize who opted for Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry to go with her short platinum quiff and girly fuchsia pout.

At one point in the evening, she even topped off her masculine ensemble with an added flourish: a black fedora, which she borrowed from Bill Clinton.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Kate Hudson In Reem Acra, Chris Pine In Louis Vuitton & Zachary Levi In Vivienne Westwood MAN

Best Dressed Of The Week – Kate Hudson In Reem Acra, Chris Pine In Louis Vuitton & Zachary Levi In Vivienne Westwood MAN

Juana Acosta In Zuhair Murad - 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Juana Acosta In Zuhair Murad – 2013 Malaga Film Festival Opening Ceremony

20 Responses to Charlize Theron In Jason Wu – 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

1. Alicat April 22, 2013 at 10:05 #

The sash and medallion detract from the look a bit but she still looks fantastic. I don’t usually like jumpsuits but this flatters her figure. The top section looks much better on her than on the model. Loving her hair and makeup.

2. Amy April 22, 2013 at 10:11 #

I actually prefer Charlize version. She adds some needed bling to the jumpsuit. She looks great

• Nat39 April 22, 2013 at 18:48 #

100% agreed. The interesting gold sash is what makes the look, an exciting standout accessory, the look is rather plain and dull otherwise. I think she is totally rocking this masculine look.

3. Angie April 22, 2013 at 11:52 #

Love it from head to toe! Charlize is amazing.

4. Gillian April 22, 2013 at 12:24 #

Feels a bit too dated for me. And I love how the model looks in it so I feel like this wasn’t the right jumpsuit for her, or maybe it’s the belt weighing it down that’s a little off-putting

5. dee April 22, 2013 at 14:20 #

Not crazy about this look. Hair and makeup are lovely.

6. Yeliz April 22, 2013 at 14:42 #

She looks amazing. I think the gold belt works very well with this look.

7. Christine April 22, 2013 at 15:00 #

Apart of me likes it and then I keep looking at lookbook and feel that something is missing.

Love her makeup.

8. Rebecca Z April 22, 2013 at 15:17 #

Spectacular. She is so classy.

9. Moxie April 22, 2013 at 15:32 #

Beautiful and figure flattering. I prefer the model’s belt, though.

10. Rosanna April 22, 2013 at 16:16 #

Charlize looks smashing! Love the belt.

11. Marybeth April 22, 2013 at 16:27 #

She looks okay.
    In the runway version, the jumpsuit has a nice, dress-like drape and flow. On Charlize the flare of the pants has disappeared, which makes her look boxy in comparison.
    I like the belt on its own but not here. In any case, wearing it low is a very bad idea. A dropped waist will always make your legs look shorter than they are.

• CreoleLady April 24, 2013 at 09:35 #

ITA. Looks much better on the runway.

12. cat_not_kitty April 22, 2013 at 17:13 #

Could her hair and makeup be any more flawless? I’d be tempted to put her in BDOTW just for that. But no, the belt is wrong and I’m missing the flare on the pants, as Marybeth says. In fact, +1 to everything Marybeth says. The outfit’s making Charlize’s legs look short and we all know that ain’t the case.

13. justme April 22, 2013 at 17:30 #

It must be tiring to always look so flawless. Oh well…
    I actually prefer Charlize’s belt and belt’s placement. The model looks like she has freakishly long legs lol.

14. d April 22, 2013 at 20:36 #

i m in love….

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 22, 2013 at 22:27 #

A no from me. I don’t like the backless design to start with, but the model’s statuesque flowing look and simpler belt was better. Charlize is stumpified by the look and I’m missing the flare in the pants. Not liking anything about the look except her hair and makeup, fresh and bold.

16. Liana April 23, 2013 at 03:25 #

The belt killed it.

No really. I mean, how can anybody like it? It is so 2000′ish in a bad way. It makes the fabric and the whole look appear cheap.

I’m sorry. As spectacular as she can look, this is a plain disaster for her.

17. Anne 90 April 23, 2013 at 06:54 #

She looks nice.

By the way FC, what did you think of Charlize’s 2005 Dior Oscar dress?

18. Noemi April 23, 2013 at 09:47 #

I think she looks great, I really like hair and make up and even if I don’t like jumpsuit, this is beautiful. Leonardo DiCaprio looks gorgeous…