Karolina Kurkova In Giorgio Armani & Blumarine – Tribeca Film Festival

Karolina Kurkova In Giorgio Armani & Blumarine - Tribeca Film Festival

The usually colourful Karolina Kurkova sported not only two all-black looks this week, but two menswear-inspired looks.

I’m noticing a trend for menswear-inspired looks, with both Carey Mulligan and Rebecca Hall opting to take this route this week.

Vanity Fair Tribeca Film Festival Opening Night Party: On Tuesday, the model donned an Armani look which featured a cropped waist-baring tuxedo jacket and oversized palazzo pants. As we’ve seen in the past, the model rounded off her menswear-inspired look with a severe centre-parted bun and red lippie. The only thing putting me off this look are the pants with an elasticated waist. They really pull down the look.

‘For The Love Of Cinema’ Tribeca Film Festival Dinner: On this occasion, she showed off her slender pins wearing a Blumarine Fall 2013 tuxedo dress. Opting for a more feminine approach, Karolina’s notch-lapel tuxedo jacket was paired with a tulip-shaped satin uber-mini skirt decorated with black and silver embellishments. Free-flowing tresses, smoky eyes, silver jewels and a box clutch completed her look.

I love the flirty, feminine take on menswear with her Blumarine look. Of the two, I would put this one up for BDOTW.
Would this be your choice?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Shu Qi In Tory Burch - Sands Macao One Year Anniversary Celebration

Shu Qi In Tory Burch – Sands Macao One Year Anniversary Celebration

15 Responses to Karolina Kurkova In Giorgio Armani & Blumarine – Tribeca Film Festival

1. Charlotte April 19, 2013 at 17:22 #

I like both of this look. Like you I regret the elasticated waist on the first look and the skirt is a little bit too short, but stil she looks great.

2. Amanda April 19, 2013 at 17:44 #

Why would someone choose to wear those pants? I prefer the Blumarine look though I still think is not that great.

3. Anj April 19, 2013 at 17:45 #

Is that the same jacket as the first event?
    I am in love with her second look. That skirt is so beautiful and it’s so much better paired with a more closed top than the model’s version.
    PS-That model does not look so healthy…

4. Nat39 April 19, 2013 at 17:53 #

Blumarine for me as well. The skirt is a bit too short but Karolina pulls off the overall look beautifully, I love the unusual flirtatious structure of the skirt and the pretty embellishments, and how it is offset by the sharp simplicity of the tuxedo top.
    The wide baggy low-sitting pants of her other look are very unappealing, even Karolina isn’t making them work.

5. gabis April 19, 2013 at 18:04 #

The Bluemarine tuxedo dress is fantastic but the skirt seems to tight and the uber-mini length is weird and unflattering. I’m glad she changed the v-neckline to a less revealing one.
    As for the Armani look, I absolutely LOVE the tight tuxedo jacket with the oversized pants but the elasticated waist really brings it down. If only the jacket was a bit longer to cover the waist or the pants had a different type of waist detail then this would be a perfect, head-to-toe flawless look.
    J’adore both looks but I don’t know which one I’d put up for BDOTW. I guess I will be satisfied with whichever makes it to the poll.

6. Jeremy April 19, 2013 at 18:19 #

Of the 2, I prefer the Blumarine. I think when you’ve got legs like KK and an innate elegance and glamour, like she has as well – there’s really no skirt that’s “too short”. haha. I think this is a great length on her. i agree with everyone else that the jacket looks much better closed over the chest. it could look good open, but only if her legs were covered. gotta show just the right amount of flesh, not too much. also the soft, wavy hair is gorgeous and her makeup is on point. this would be my choice for the BDOTW poll. (though I think Kate Hudson is gonna get my vote)

I actually really like the contrast between the structured blazer and the casual palazzo pants in the Armani look. i think the elasticized waist looks comfy and stylish. not so much a fan of the hair and makeup in this look, though.

7. Yeliz April 19, 2013 at 18:34 #

The Blumarine is my favourite for sure. It’s flawless, stunning and BDOTW worthy. The Armani look is kinda awkward with the wide pants, the bare waist and the shoes.

8. Amy April 19, 2013 at 19:01 #

The bLumarine is flawless. I know some will say the skirt is too short (which is true) but when you have legs that long all mini skirts seem too short.
    I don’t get the elastic waistband either. It doesn’t seem right. Too bad because the jacket is a killer piece

9. Christine April 19, 2013 at 19:03 #

I love her Blumarine look. She is killing it! Love love!

10. MaddyEliza April 19, 2013 at 19:26 #

I don’t like either of these looks but the Blumarine is definitely the better of the two.

11. Pedro April 19, 2013 at 19:46 #

KK is such a Queen! She can do no wrong.

I love the Armani look but the Blumarine looks FLAWLESS.

BDOTW

12. shap_half April 19, 2013 at 19:53 #

I think she does the menswear look best. No one can touch her there. She just knows how to deliver the look.

13. TeaAtTwo April 19, 2013 at 20:48 #

I prefer Carey’s and Rebecca’s interpretations over these looks for BDOTW. I do give her props for looking good. It works well as a mini but the skirt looks almost scandalously short. I would make the Armani blazer longer and go over the waistband.

14. Aline April 19, 2013 at 22:56 #

The only thing I like about the first look is the tuxedo. I think it would look really good with tailored shorts.

On the other hand, I love everything about the second look. It’s just perfect. And her hair looks fabulous.

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 20, 2013 at 16:19 #

The first one is so weird–the jacket is too short/small-looking and those elastic-waist palazzo pants are HEINOUS. The second look is too itty-bitty as well. I’m not a fan of either.