Anna Wintour In Oscar de la Renta – Chanel Shopping In New York City

Anna Wintour In Oscar de la Renta - Chanel Shopping In New York City

Anna Wintour was spotted out in New York City on Wednesday after a spot of shopping at a Chanel boutique uptown.

While it appears her time out from the office was aimed at taking in some shopping and spring sunshine, the editor-in-chief of American Vogue selected a Fall 2013 look by Oscar de la Renta.

The chic ruby-and-anthracite plaid tweed skirt suit featuring a frayed-edged jacket was styled with a white top, a beaded necklace and her signature shades.

Spring is here so don’t be surprised to see Anna back to wearing her favourite nude Manolo Blahnik kitten heels – she must have over 10 pairs.

Credit: Style.com & INFDaily

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Zoe Saldana's Givenchy Lace and Satin Gown

Zoe Saldana’s Givenchy Lace and Satin Gown

21 Responses to Anna Wintour In Oscar de la Renta – Chanel Shopping In New York City

1. Yeliz April 18, 2013 at 14:12 #

I love this look (from the ankles up of course). This ensemble looks great on her and it is so different than her usual dresses.

2. annie April 18, 2013 at 14:26 #

Love this look! She looks amazing. But I am not a fan to pair with the shoes. It almost looks like she walked on barefoot (*≧▽≦)

• jo April 18, 2013 at 14:39 #

+1 Someone please give this woman a new pair of shoes

3. Christine April 18, 2013 at 14:29 #

This look is so Anna. Kitten heels and all!

4. roxana April 18, 2013 at 14:37 #

i hate her shoes!

5. dee April 18, 2013 at 15:01 #

I understand having your go to shoes but this is just too much. The shoes don’t even go with this outfit. As a shoe lover, I can’t understand how someone like her who has assess to many shoes yet she wants chooses these time and time again. She needs to put them into retirement. OK, rant over…lol.

• dee April 18, 2013 at 15:03 #

Not over yet, these outfit is gorgeous on her. You can see her lovely shape and yet these shoes, Ugh!

6. Noemi April 18, 2013 at 15:34 #

I really her here and I don’t even mind those boring shoes. Did anyone ever ask her why she basically wears only these shoes?

7. Derek April 18, 2013 at 16:04 #

She looks amazing here. I love how she modified the suit to be single breasted and nipped in the waist with the jacket, and flared the hem of the skirt.

Anna has never been much of a shoe or bag person, so I’ve never really taken aim of her shoe choice or lack of handbag.

BOTW nominee IMO.

8. Rebecca Z April 18, 2013 at 16:19 #

This looks good on her, though I would have gone for a slightly less stark color for the shell. the shoes are certainly a snooze–couldn’t she at least get them in different colors?

9. robbie April 18, 2013 at 17:46 #

LOVE IT!

10. CreoleLady April 18, 2013 at 18:08 #

Ignoring hair and shoes, love. I like the fit far better on Wintour than on the model.

11. Kathy April 18, 2013 at 18:31 #

Much better than on the runway! It’s pretty rare that we see this happen, but I’m so glad she ditched the brown belt and added the white shirt underneath for contrast. Her necklaces are also nice, and add a nice accent without distracting from the print of her suit. (And yes, I’d take those nude pumps over the ugly runway shoes ANY DAY.)

12. Lola April 18, 2013 at 19:58 #

I wonder what she bought at Chanel as she can have everything she wants for free as a Karl great friend. I find her suit a bit Chanel-esque.

For the shoes, Manolo said to a french magazine that she owns many pairs of this sandal so…

13. Pedro April 18, 2013 at 20:14 #

Queen Anna looks FLAWLESS!

Très Chic. J’adore!

14. EmmaWoodhouse April 19, 2013 at 00:18 #

Very chic suit but I dislike the heels.

15. Alicat April 19, 2013 at 00:28 #

Love this suit especially the texture of the fabric and the colour. It gives her a wonderful silhouette. The shoes are a strange choice. I do think it is time for Ms Wintour to be brave and ditch the helmet hair.

16. kinella April 19, 2013 at 08:57 #

i like this better on Miss Wintour than on the model: it’s age appropriate and all

minus the shoes. but this is a old problem of hers (maybe her feet hurts? who knows…)

17. Joy April 20, 2013 at 05:05 #

Love this look! I’ve wanted a shoe intervention for Anna for sometime, however I’m loving this suit on her SO much that I don’t even mind them. This suit on her is perfection. I’m also loving her necklaces, absolutely GORGEOUS accessories. I usually don’t get her necklace style, however these are SO beautiful! BDOTW contender for sure.

18. LC May 7, 2013 at 03:29 #

why is she so cool?

19. Betty December 12, 2013 at 05:58 #

No one, NO ONE looks as perfect as Anna Wintour every single second of every day of every year,
    year after year. She wears these shoes to extend her leg length. Fashion 101. The runway gal looks nasty from head to foot. Anna was, is, will always be perfection. This woman is the quintessence of high style. No clown shoes here. Kitten heels are sooo feminine-sexy. Look and learn.