Zoe Saldana In Givenchy – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Zoe Saldana In Givenchy - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Zoe Saldana was one of the many stars who took to the red carpet for the 2013 MTV Movie Awards held at the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California on Sunday evening.

Shunning the mini dresses we have seen across the board, the ‘Star Trek’ actress opted to show off one leg in her Givenchy Fall 2013 dress.

I was on this fence with this dress, which features a black long-sleeved top with a sheer black polka-dot side-slit skirt with floral embroidery, but my final verdict is that I love the look.

I prefer her styling over the runway, despite part of me wishing that this was sleeveless with a plunging neckline, but that would’ve been too obvious.

I think this look had the potential to be quite bland on the wrong person; thankfully, Zoe isn’t that person. Her no-fuss approach worked in this dress’s favour.

Jimmy Choo ‘Kalpa’ heels, jewelry from Emily Faith and Graziela, including an emerald serpent ring, flowing wavy tresses, and a bold lip colour completed her look.

_7605141

You can buy Zoe’s Jimmy Choo ‘Kapla’ sandals from Nordstrom.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

27 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Givenchy – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

1. Yeliz April 15, 2013 at 10:33 #

I love this look. Only a few can wear this and look gorgeous and Zoe is one of them.

• Beta April 15, 2013 at 12:53 #

+1 yes. love it

• Christine April 15, 2013 at 14:30 #

She killed it! This is stunning and could’ve went bland on the wrong person. But thanks goodness Zoe is not one of them.

• Francois Bresmal April 16, 2013 at 21:20 #

+3 I NEVER thought this could work on a red carpet but Zoe sold it to me! KUDOS

2. Alicat April 15, 2013 at 10:36 #

How amazingly different are the two interpretations! I much prefer Zoe to the almost masculine look of the model. Her figure is shown off beautifully. Hair and makeup perfect.

3. CreoleLady April 15, 2013 at 10:45 #

LOVE. Initially wanted a thin black belt echoing the strap of her shoes but after clicking through to see more full length pics, felt no belt needed. Unique, fashionable, refreshing, not a bit of try-hard. Curvaceous (!). She’s working this look.

Trek is out next month, I think, keeping fingers crossed that she’ll bring her A-game to the promo tour.

4. Denise April 15, 2013 at 11:10 #

The styling is much better than the runway. Zoe looks beautiful but I don’t like the sheer polka dot part. Forgetable.

5. Peonies and Pancakes April 15, 2013 at 11:53 #

Zoe more than does this look justice! I’m loving it. She’s a trendsetter.

6. Sara April 15, 2013 at 12:28 #

she looks nice.

7. JGH April 15, 2013 at 12:33 #

Probably the best from this event. I love the chic-ness of the T-shirt like top matched with the long sparkly skirt.

8. justme April 15, 2013 at 13:02 #

I like the skirt but I do wish the fabric of the black top wasn’t so shiny.
    Honestly, overall, I do think this is pretty bland :(
    I’m still hoping Zoe can go back to her former fashion glory.

9. dee April 15, 2013 at 13:30 #

I really like the skirt and but I am not crazy about the top.

10. Anne April 15, 2013 at 13:55 #

I’m a little torn on this look. I think she looks beautiful, and I love the styling. But, I can’t quite put my finger on why I just feel like this wasn’t the right event for it? Even with the sheer skirt, it just reads so conservative for MTV, I guess

11. pipsqueak April 15, 2013 at 14:53 #

I love this look head to toe! Zoe looked better than the model. Just beautiful.

12. Moxie April 15, 2013 at 15:14 #

Absolutely gorgeous. One of the best dressed of the night.

13. Joana April 15, 2013 at 15:33 #

I love it is unique.

14. Rebecca Z April 15, 2013 at 16:16 #

I don’t hate this but I don’t love it. On one hand, it looks like she got out of bed and pulled a long-sleeved t-shirt on over her nightgown. I get what she is doing, but she could have done something so much better.

15. ellen April 15, 2013 at 16:30 #

ok on the top but the skirt is super cool :)

16. Noemi April 15, 2013 at 16:56 #

I really like it, it’s edgy and chic at the same time.

17. bas April 15, 2013 at 17:15 #

I’m kind of disappointed. She looks good, but I find the top part quite boring actually. Forgettable look.

18. Quinn April 15, 2013 at 18:46 #

LOVE it!!

19. Liz April 15, 2013 at 19:09 #

I have mixed feelings about this look. The top doesn’t seem to match the bottom. If the top of the dress was more interesting (short sleeves, halter, etc) then I would like it a lot more.

20. TeaAtTwo April 15, 2013 at 19:15 #

I didn’t like the skirt on the runway but Zoe has styled it to make it a lot more appealing. Maybe one of my favourites of the night.

21. Nat39 April 15, 2013 at 21:22 #

This is the bright example of how a tricky gown can work wonderfully if worn by the right person. Zoe is rocking this look!!

22. EmmaWoodhouse April 15, 2013 at 21:47 #

Love the vibe but not the execution. Had the sheer part been lined, and the slit dropped to the knee, it would have been my favorite of the night because it’s so different and she’s rocking it. But with that revealing skirt I can’t give it a thumbs up.

23. AG April 16, 2013 at 04:50 #

Love this! Usually wouldn’t be a fan of the random sheer leg panel but somehow it works here.

24. Jing Xiang May 6, 2013 at 15:59 #

Only a style chameleon like Zoe Saldana can work this impossible outfit out of a hell!! On the runway, this Givenchy floral skirt with sheer polka dot panel looks so frumpy on the model, but on Zoe is a whole different story!! Love how Zoe pair this amazing floral maxi skirt with a black sweater and low how she accessories it with sultry waves, bold red lip and Jimmy Choo Kalpa sandals provides a genius finish to her chic outfit!! Zoe rocks all the way in MTV Movie Awards!!! Simply breathtaking!!