Halle Berry In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Call’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

Halle Berry In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Call' Rio de Janeiro Premiere

Since announcing she was pregnant on Monday, Halle Berry seems to be busier than ever.

The beautiful actress continued to promote her latest movie, ‘The Call’, by attending the Rio de Janeiro premiere in Brazil yesterday evening.

I’m sure when Monique Lhuillier designed this black silk and lace gown for her Fall 2013 collection, she hadn’t figured it as a maternity gown; however, she will be delighted to see how amazing the 46-year-old actress works the look with her burgeoning baby bump.

Keeping the styling simple, with her signature pixie cut, gold hooped earrings and a matte nude lip colour, she’s already in the running for best maternity style for 2013.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Who Wore Gucci Better...Kate Beckinsale, Bipasha Basu or Gracie Otto?

Who Wore Gucci Better…Kate Beckinsale, Bipasha Basu or Gracie Otto?

Andrea Riseborough In David Koma - LAX Airport

Andrea Riseborough In David Koma – LAX Airport

17 Responses to Halle Berry In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Call’ Rio de Janeiro Premiere

1. Charlotte April 12, 2013 at 09:45 #

She looks great ! I just wish the earrings were different.

2. Joy April 12, 2013 at 10:02 #

Yeah, I’m not digging it. This dress is absolutely gorgeous on the model. Halle wearing it maternity style just doesn’t live up to what this dress deserves.

• Christine April 12, 2013 at 14:10 #

+1 It looks a bit tacky.

3. Yeliz April 12, 2013 at 10:31 #

I don’t know..it’s nice that she chose to wear this gown with her baby bump, but I would like to see this gown again on the red carpet, on someone who’s not pregnant. And Halle’s dated haircut bothers me every time anyway. I don’t think that she’s a contender of best maternity style yet.

• Alina April 12, 2013 at 12:37 #

4. Denise April 12, 2013 at 11:38 #

She’s sooooo happy she’s pregnant she makes this daring dress work ! I bet her maternity style is going to be quite edgy and interesting.

5. dee April 12, 2013 at 13:08 #

She looks decent but I don’t like the way this looks around her bust.

6. MaddyEliza April 12, 2013 at 14:05 #

I like this look, but not as much as her Roberto Cavalli look from earlier in the week.

7. Marybeth April 12, 2013 at 15:25 #

I don’t get it. Leave aside the excessive length and the weird fit at the bust, the mesh inserts at the side literally point to the midsection.
    While a good maternity look, IMO, will not try to hide the bump under a tent, neither will it emphasize it to the point of ruining artistic lines.

I like it from the top of the bust up, but overall? No.

8. Rebecca Z April 12, 2013 at 15:56 #

I think this looks dreadful, tho she is obviously feeling happy and pretty. I liked the Cavalli, but not this.

9. Camille April 12, 2013 at 16:03 #

The dress looks great on the model, but no so much on Halle. I honestly don’t like her in black. Besides being rather uninspired, it doesn’t do anything for her gorgeous coloring. She needs color to brighten and compliment her luscious skin tone. Black just looks drab on her.

• CreoleLady April 12, 2013 at 23:54 #

Agree, totally. I so wish she would wear more color on the RC. Unrelieved black can be so severe and/or aging, even on the very young or someone with a flawless complexion like hers.

10. Anj April 12, 2013 at 16:42 #

This dress makes her look saggy. Maybe it’s just from the side.

11. adrian April 13, 2013 at 03:13 #

all of her looks are starting to blur together in rather uninspiring fashion.

• Giada April 14, 2013 at 13:40 #

12. Nadine April 13, 2013 at 03:39 #

Wasn’t it just recently that she was being talked about as looking desperate for attention?

13. EmmaWoodhouse April 13, 2013 at 20:14 #

First of all, I’m so tired of black. Second of all, I’m happy for her of course, but it’s not a flattering dress for a burgeoning bump. Thirdly, those enormous sheer panels are just desperate. As usual.